Home

I must be getting soft...

Posted By: gunit6897

I must be getting soft... - 06/04/18 01:42 AM

Posted By: Sharon

Re: I must be getting soft... - 06/04/18 01:45 AM

grin Cute wee deerzie ! Nothing wrong in helping the new. Like how he stamped front foot just like the grown ups smile
Posted By: RM trapper

Re: I must be getting soft... - 06/04/18 02:06 AM

One of the coolest things I ever done was raise a newborn fawn that mother got ran over by the house. He was a buck fawn and we kept him until he was 6 months old, he would sleep with me and followed me everywhere. I took him to a nearby golf course community where they don't allow hunting and he lived to be a huge 10pt but at 5 year old he chased a doe outside town limits and was killed
Posted By: Willy Firewood

Re: I must be getting soft... - 06/04/18 06:56 AM

Yesterday morning I saw one even smaller. It looked brand new. It ran about 5 yards while looking over its shoulder at me, then dove into some weeds by a tree and disappeared. They are one of the best parts of spring. Last year we had a bumper crop - one doe had 4 fawns. Good groceries and privacy works wonders. Hopefully a bunch again this year.
Posted By: The Beav

Re: I must be getting soft... - 06/04/18 03:19 PM

The DNR has collard 110 fawns this spring Now their going to track those collard coyotes and see what impact those coyotes have on deer fawns.
Posted By: gunit6897

Re: I must be getting soft... - 06/04/18 07:39 PM

I don't want to sound too much like a hippie, but it awesome to have that sort of encounter/interaction. Kind of like when I let a fox out of my trap once. It was a young vixen. I was excited to see her, catch her, and to know that there would be seed left on this property. I just enjoyed interacting with this little fawn.
Posted By: BigBob

Re: I must be getting soft... - 06/04/18 07:45 PM

I was running my Beagle one spring when he found a fawn. He was sniffing it all over, and the little scutter got up and took a couple of quick steps and butted him in the snoot. Mickey blinked and put his paw on it's head to hold it off. LOL
Posted By: DaYooper14

Re: I must be getting soft... - 06/04/18 08:11 PM

adorable
© 2024 Trapperman Forums