Home

Gonna take a little getting used to...

Posted By: Aaron Proffitt

Gonna take a little getting used to... - 06/13/18 05:31 PM

...being retired that is. Completely finished from both careers as I received my letter from DC Monday .

Have lots of plans to put in place.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Gonna take a little getting used to... - 06/13/18 05:33 PM

It's like work but you can get more done and you don't get paid for it! Good luck
Posted By: Bristleback

Re: Gonna take a little getting used to... - 06/13/18 05:34 PM

Way cool, congrats!!!! Now enjoy!!
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: Gonna take a little getting used to... - 06/13/18 05:49 PM

Awesome, thanks for your service!

When Dad retired, and had plenty of hobbies, he didn't know how he ever had time to work!...lol.

Congratulations.
Posted By: Badgerman50

Re: Gonna take a little getting used to... - 06/13/18 05:52 PM

Right on Aaron! We drop our youngest boy at MEPS on Sunday and he flies to Fort Jackson Tuesday.
Posted By: teepee2

Re: Gonna take a little getting used to... - 06/13/18 08:07 PM

I'm sure you can find something to occupy your time. When I retired people would ask me how retirement was going I told them "If I new it was going to be so much fun I would of done it 3 years sooner."
Posted By: Catch22

Re: Gonna take a little getting used to... - 06/13/18 08:19 PM

Your to young to retire, get a job slacker. grin Congrats!!
Posted By: Tom cat

Re: Gonna take a little getting used to... - 06/13/18 08:23 PM

Congrats!
Posted By: adam m

Re: Gonna take a little getting used to... - 06/13/18 08:50 PM

Congrats Aaron. How are you celebrating?
Posted By: RM trapper

Re: Gonna take a little getting used to... - 06/13/18 08:54 PM

Congrats and thanks for your service. I'm 36 and figure I'll have to work another 30 years. I kinda like working so its not to bad
Posted By: Bigbrownie

Re: Gonna take a little getting used to... - 06/13/18 09:43 PM

It’ll be 5 years for me on June 28th. I quit when I was 54. Folks will say to me...what do you do with all your time? My reply......Hunt, trap and fish. They’ll say.....you can’t hunt, trap, and fish everyday? My reply....Ya, you can....sometimes all three in the same day. I do throw in a lot of gardening, beekeeping, and woodcutting into the mix also.
Posted By: ringtailtrapper

Re: Gonna take a little getting used to... - 06/13/18 10:45 PM

Aaron, it's a lazy man that can't find his wife a second job. laugh Now you have time to embark upon that endeavor, so good luck.

RTT
Posted By: Drifter

Re: Gonna take a little getting used to... - 06/14/18 12:28 AM

Welcome aboard. It is a lot more fun but don't pay as well.
Posted By: snowy

Re: Gonna take a little getting used to... - 06/14/18 02:30 AM

Originally Posted By: Bigbrownie
It’ll be 5 years for me on June 28th. I quit when I was 54. Folks will say to me...what do you do with all your time? My reply......Hunt, trap and fish. They’ll say.....you can’t hunt, trap, and fish everyday? My reply....Ya, you can....sometimes all three in the same day. I do throw in a lot of gardening, beekeeping, and woodcutting into the mix also.

Yep! LOL Thank you Sir.

I went at 57 and I should of Jumped earlier then that. I tell people the something in fact all the outdoor activities I do all collide with one another and I don't get to do as much as I want with some of them.

I do a part time thing all outdoors for an outfit in the summer months but come and go pretty much as I please. I'm landscaping and picnic/gazebo/garden area for an University. I wish I wouldn't have done it this year. This will most definite be the last year of work even if it is less then 80 days a year. Done finished for good.
Posted By: ShaneT

Re: Gonna take a little getting used to... - 06/14/18 02:38 AM

Congrats!
Posted By: Boco

Re: Gonna take a little getting used to... - 06/14/18 02:55 AM

Your gonna love it.
Posted By: micheal

Re: Gonna take a little getting used to... - 06/14/18 10:17 AM

Congrats
Posted By: w side rd 151

Re: Gonna take a little getting used to... - 06/14/18 10:37 AM

Thank you for your service Enjoy some of your free time . None of us know how much we will have .
Posted By: hrdtoflw

Re: Gonna take a little getting used to... - 06/14/18 11:16 AM

Congrats and thank you for your service.
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: Gonna take a little getting used to... - 06/14/18 12:23 PM

Best of luck Aaron. I'm busier now than I ever was when I worked my day job! Only thing I miss is back when I was pipelining. That was serious hard hot work, but miss the times we had! There are always parts of the work you did that you miss, but you get over it pretty quick!
Posted By: andy weiser

Re: Gonna take a little getting used to... - 06/14/18 01:39 PM

Congrats Aaron.
Posted By: ratbrain

Re: Gonna take a little getting used to... - 06/14/18 01:47 PM

Congrats Aaron, Took me about 5 minutes the 1st Monday morning I was retired to get used to it. I didn't have to jump into the truck and go to work!!
Posted By: Vinke

Re: Gonna take a little getting used to... - 06/14/18 02:06 PM

speedo's and Florida?........
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: Gonna take a little getting used to... - 06/14/18 02:11 PM

Maybe we should try for that trout fishing trip sometime.

Mike

Re: Gonna take a little getting used to... - 06/15/18 12:08 AM

Thanks , e'erybody !!

Been out admiring the lawn after fertilizing it all week . Dadgum squirrels and gophers are gonna drive me insane with all digging damage they do. Past couple mornings , down at the coffee shop arguing politics and whining about the heat. Maybe Fred and I will complain enough that the county will fix the road. It's pretty deplorable. Knights of Columbus have something going on Monday so I might swing by the Hall to tell them what they're doing wrong and/or improve on. Neighbors are up to something, hard to tell from here.

Re: Gonna take a little getting used to... - 06/15/18 12:09 AM

Originally Posted By: Mike in A-town
Maybe we should try for that trout fishing trip sometime.

Mike

That ,sir, is an excellent idea.

Re: Gonna take a little getting used to... - 06/15/18 12:11 AM

Originally Posted By: Aaron Proffitt
Thanks , e'erybody !!

Been out admiring the lawn after fertilizing it all week . Dadgum squirrels and gophers are gonna drive me insane with all digging damage they do. Past couple mornings , down at the coffee shop arguing politics and whining about the heat. Maybe Fred and I will complain enough that the county will fix the road. It's pretty deplorable. Knights of Columbus have something going on Monday so I might swing by the Hall to tell them what they're doing wrong and/or improve on. Neighbors are up to something, hard to tell from here.

Like a duck to water. Lol

You gonna yell at the neighbor kids to "get the @$#* off my lawn" now that it's fertilized?

Mike

Re: Gonna take a little getting used to... - 06/15/18 12:12 AM

Originally Posted By: Badgerman50
Right on Aaron! We drop our youngest boy at MEPS on Sunday and he flies to Fort Jackson Tuesday.

Copy down the words to Dr. Seuss's 'Oh, The Places You'll Go' and send it to him. Be good for both of you.

Re: Gonna take a little getting used to... - 06/15/18 12:17 AM

Originally Posted By: Mike in A-town
Thanks , e'erybody !!

Like a duck to water. Lol

You gonna yell at the neighbor kids to "get the @$#* off my lawn" now that it's fertilized?

Mike

Kid you not, was sitting on my porch the other night and saw these very weird lights coming down the road. They'd be together like car headlights and then apart , then separate a different way.I was freaking out.
Two dadgum folks on Segways . Too bizarre. Very out of place where I live. Didn't like it.

Re: Gonna take a little getting used to... - 06/15/18 12:19 AM

I've got a line on a ginormous Delta 88 if'n you feel the need to cruise at 15 under in the passing lane.

Mike

Re: Gonna take a little getting used to... - 06/15/18 12:19 AM

Now if SQ 788 passes I'll be less freaked out. Or more. Whatever.
Posted By: trapper les

Re: Gonna take a little getting used to... - 06/15/18 12:21 AM

...being retired that is. Completely finished from both careers as I received my letter from DC Monday .

Have lots of plans to put in place.
Congradulations, and best of luck for the future.

Re: Gonna take a little getting used to... - 06/15/18 12:22 AM

Oh !! Speaking of 788 , might wanna pick up a Daily Oklahoman tomorrow . Might be someone's picture and quotes in there you may recognize. Lol

Re: Gonna take a little getting used to... - 06/15/18 12:22 AM

Thank you, Les !!

Re: Gonna take a little getting used to... - 06/15/18 12:23 AM

Now if SQ 788 passes I'll be less freaked out. Or more. Whatever.

"I'm freakin' out MAN!"

Mike

Re: Gonna take a little getting used to... - 06/15/18 12:26 AM

Oh !! Speaking of 788 , might wanna pick up a Daily Oklahoman tomorrow . Might be someone's picture and quotes in there you may recognize. Lol

Oh boy... I'll keep an eye out for a copy.

I'm kind of 'meh' on 788... But I think we should, at least, have constitutional carry before we get MM.

Mike

Re: Gonna take a little getting used to... - 06/15/18 12:27 AM

We didn't get that far into the interview to discuss my views on carrying.
Posted By: Zim

Re: Gonna take a little getting used to... - 06/15/18 12:30 AM

Good luck to you in your future Aaron! No more fires buddy.

Zim

Re: Gonna take a little getting used to... - 06/15/18 12:31 AM

Originally Posted By: Zim
Good luck to you in your future Aaron! No more fires buddy.

Zim

Thanks, Zim !

Re: Gonna take a little getting used to... - 06/15/18 12:32 AM

No kidding on the fires. Although, I do have some brush that needs to go . Flame on !!

Re: Gonna take a little getting used to... - 06/15/18 12:32 AM

You're not the 'old retired guy' they interviewed because they knew his opinion had shock value... Were you?

Mike

Re: Gonna take a little getting used to... - 06/15/18 12:34 AM

I think it might've been my 'Dysfunctional Veteran...leave me alone !'bumper sticker as they were in the VFW parking lot.

Re: Gonna take a little getting used to... - 06/15/18 12:36 AM

As long as the word 'tarnation' wasn't uttered I think it'll be ok.

Mike
© 2024 Trapperman Forums