Home

Mille Lacs County 4H Shooting Sports donation.

Posted By: John Jr.

Mille Lacs County 4H Shooting Sports donation. - 06/13/18 07:07 PM

I am an instructor for the Mille Lacs County 4H Shooting Sports Wildlife group. We have about 20 kids. Our group has some supplies but could use more. I am asking for any pelts that anyone would be willing to donate to the kids. Not high quality , just for identifying animals and the like. Thank you.
Posted By: 52Carl

Re: Mille Lacs County 4H Shooting Sports donation. - 06/14/18 03:07 AM

Wish I had some to send.
I was a 4H rifle instructor for 7 years. It is the best youth development program going.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Mille Lacs County 4H Shooting Sports donation. - 06/14/18 03:09 AM

PM me a address I have a couple of shooting bags I could send you! (trap shell bags)
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: Mille Lacs County 4H Shooting Sports donation. - 06/14/18 11:29 AM

Have you asked your state assn officers.?...and FBU?...and FTA?...maybe NTA?...these orgs have officers that can often make these things happen.
Posted By: 160user

Re: Mille Lacs County 4H Shooting Sports donation. - 06/14/18 01:52 PM

Originally Posted By: John Jr.
I am an instructor for the Mille Lacs County 4H Shooting Sports Wildlife group. We have about 20 kids. Our group has some supplies but could use more. I am asking for any pelts that anyone would be willing to donate to the kids. Not high quality , just for identifying animals and the like. Thank you.

Have you contacted the MTA Tanned Fur Project and made a request?
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Mille Lacs County 4H Shooting Sports donation. - 06/14/18 02:56 PM

you may also want to check with your Minnesota DNR they may even have kits you can use. or animals you can have tanned that were confiscated.

I am also a 4-H shooting sports instructor we got a grant for a kit that has many pelts , most are small or what would sell as junk fur at auction , but the company that made the kits must have bought them low and tanned in big batches to make the kits affordable. I think maybe Acorn learning was were some of the stuff came from.

your state 4-H wildlife and coordinator instructor would also be a good resource , if Minn doesn't have such a resource I can get you in touch with the Wis state instructor he has a incredible amount of info on where he has found all of the WEP info and he documents it well.

I have some raccoons you could have int he freezer but your likely to have plenty of them already.
Posted By: John Jr.

Re: Mille Lacs County 4H Shooting Sports donation. - 07/07/18 04:35 PM

I received the package today. Thank you very much.
John
© 2024 Trapperman Forums