Home

NC Cities tags

Posted By: Brett Thomas

NC Cities tags - 06/14/18 09:44 PM

Does anyone carry tags over to the next year?
Posted By: varmintshooter

Re: NC Cities tags - 06/14/18 11:25 PM

Yep you can carry our tags over now
Posted By: charles

Re: NC Cities tags - 06/15/18 12:44 AM

Been in NC all my life but ne er had to have a city tag. Just another tax.
Posted By: Pete in Frbks

Re: NC Cities tags - 06/15/18 02:56 PM

I'm guessing he was referring to CITES tags.

But since we are reminded over and over on T-man that grammar and spelling are not important, it is difficult to know for sure!

Pete
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: NC Cities tags - 06/15/18 05:59 PM

I'm assuming that North Carolina (and probably other stated) hand out CITES tags like candy. They give you the tag and then you go catch the animal.

Doesn't work that way in Idaho and other western states. You catch the animal, take it to a F&G office or game warden and have it tagged. At the end of the season, all unused tags are destroyed by the F&G. Thus impossible to carry over any tags.

By carrying over tags (in states where you can), you are messing with the export and harvest data. Say you have a 2016-2017 otter tag and you put it on an otter you catch in January 2019. The F&W statistics show that as a 2018-2019 season caught otter. That's not right.
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: NC Cities tags - 06/16/18 01:54 AM

Agreed Nancy, but what do you expect?....we can't even trap foxes in 1/3 of the state.

And there is a $3,500 "county impact fee" to put a new house on your own land....on a farm that's been in our family 135 yrs.
Posted By: RM trapper

Re: NC Cities tags - 06/16/18 02:13 AM

I'm still waiting on the local game warden to come tag my bobcats, here in Tennessee they have to come put them on the pelts themselves
Posted By: The Beav

Re: NC Cities tags - 06/16/18 11:29 AM

Originally Posted By: wissmiss
I'm assuming that North Carolina (and probably other stated) hand out CITES tags like candy. They give you the tag and then you go catch the animal.

Doesn't work that way in Idaho and other western states. You catch the animal, take it to a F&G office or game warden and have it tagged. At the end of the season, all unused tags are destroyed by the F&G. Thus impossible to carry over any tags.

By carrying over tags (in states where you can), you are messing with the export and harvest data. Say you have a 2016-2017 otter tag and you put it on an otter you catch in January 2019. The F&W statistics show that as a 2018-2019 season caught otter. That's not right.

I don't see a problem with It. The guy gets some tags doesn't fill them In that year carries them over till later. Use's them and ships them . That's when they do the accounting. Just like you stated. It's not how long you have them It's when you use them.
Posted By: Mike Kelly

Re: NC Cities tags - 06/16/18 02:26 PM

Originally Posted By: wissmiss

Do your western CITES tags still have a year associated with them? Or do they change the color every year?

We no longer have any year associated with the tags in Minnesota and they do not change color every year.

FYI...NC charges $2.20 for each CITES tag, and you can order as many as you think you will need and they will ship them to your door.
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: NC Cities tags - 06/16/18 02:56 PM

Correct Mike, and we can wait until seasons end to order, so we don't spend more than needed.....and have 30 days (or is it 10 days????) after seasons end to order.
Posted By: QuietButDeadly

Re: NC Cities tags - 06/16/18 03:57 PM

As varmintshooter stated in an earlier post, we can carry over tags in NC. Up until last year we could not keep any unused tags from one year to use the next year.

The regulations were changed and we are now able to keep any unused tags for use the following year. We order our tags or pick them up in person at the WRC Headquarters. We tag the pelts ourselves and are required to have them tagged within 30 days of the close of the applicable season. The time period for tagging was also recently increased from 10 days to 30 days.
Posted By: wallfur

Re: NC Cities tags - 06/16/18 06:57 PM

interesting, and how many other states do this? and also Mike our tags here in Idaho no longer change color or have date on them.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums