Home

ALONE.... redemption time

Posted By: adam m

ALONE.... redemption time - 06/15/18 02:53 AM

I guess the new season is all past losers.
Some guy messing around with a pit viper and Mongolia doesn't have the antivenom.

Posted By: chas3457

Re: ALONE.... redemption time - 06/15/18 02:58 AM

Mongolia. grin

Re: ALONE.... redemption time - 06/15/18 03:02 AM

Ouch girl fishing gets hooked deep on top of hand
Posted By: The Beav

Re: ALONE.... redemption time - 06/15/18 03:17 AM

I'm watching It. I can't believe she couldn't get that hook out.
And the one dude Is already crying and missing his family.
If they didn't pick some losers the show would be a joke. Well maybe It's already a joke.

Nichol said she was going to try and snare a deer but It was Illegal to do so.

Re: ALONE.... redemption time - 06/15/18 03:48 AM

Originally Posted By: The Beav
I'm watching It. I can't believe she couldn't get that hook out.
And the one dude Is already crying and missing his family.
If they didn't pick some losers the show would be a joke. Well maybe It's already a joke.

Nichol said she was going to try and snare a deer but It was Illegal to do so.

I laughed at Nichol
that crybaby needs to tap out, at least that hooked girl had a legit reason to cry. Not sure how I would have got the hook out but I would've kept trying
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: ALONE.... redemption time - 06/15/18 03:52 AM

Only 2 ways to get that hook out jerk it out the way it went in or push it through and cut the barb and slip it back out!
Posted By: gryhkl

Re: ALONE.... redemption time - 06/15/18 02:16 PM

I can't believe she didn't know how to get that hook out.
It's a shame for to have to leave for something that would have been so easy to fix if she had known how, she made it almost a full 3 months the last time. She said she wasn't a very experienced fisherman, but it was clear that she loved being successful and was having fun catching those grayling.
I was rooting for her to win once I saw the young father start crying the first day. He did well the first time. Maybe have a newborn at home would be too much for most good fathers. Hopefully he bucks up and wins the money for his family.

Re: ALONE.... redemption time - 06/15/18 02:40 PM

You would be wrong Adam M I didn't see where she shed a tear.

I laughed at Nichol
that crybaby needs to tap out, at least that hooked girl had a legit reason to cry. Not sure how I would have got the hook out but I would've kept trying

Actually my money Is on either Nichole or Brooke. They both have good attitudes.

Brooke Is a friend of my daughters.

And Sam being a good father. He knew exactly what he was getting In to. And this Is his second time.
Posted By: newhouse114

Re: ALONE.... redemption time - 06/15/18 03:07 PM

The hook was said to be through a tendon, not sure if the jerk with a string method of hook removal would work in that situation.

Re: ALONE.... redemption time - 06/15/18 05:25 PM

I'm waiting for winter to hit them.

Re: ALONE.... redemption time - 06/15/18 06:04 PM

She was crying at camp while using the knife. To be fair the tears were more of frustration than the pain

Re: ALONE.... redemption time - 06/15/18 06:04 PM

I'm waiting for winter to hit them.

Me too

Re: ALONE.... redemption time - 06/15/18 06:55 PM

Originally Posted By: adam m
She was crying at camp while using the knife. To be fair the tears were more of frustration than the pain

Your getting the two women mixed up.

Re: ALONE.... redemption time - 06/16/18 12:34 AM

Your getting the two women mixed up.

Nope the girl that got hooked is who I'm talking about. Here's some pics of the girl that was hooked

At the river

At camp
Posted By: Marty

Re: ALONE.... redemption time - 06/16/18 01:02 AM

proof that Tv is a waste of time.

I sometimes get glimpses of these shows while doing cardio and they are sad.

Re: ALONE.... redemption time - 07/20/18 02:55 AM

6 people remain, who do you think is gonna take a the cake?
Some have nice shelters
Posted By: J.Morse

Re: ALONE.... redemption time - 07/20/18 03:09 AM

The Michigan gal tapped out.
Posted By: NE Wildlife

Re: ALONE.... redemption time - 07/20/18 03:53 AM

On all the seasons I have yet to see someone that was actually
A trapper on the show. Few people try to snare And never really
Catch anything. I think the long haired fella will win.
Posted By: don Wolf

Re: ALONE.... redemption time - 07/20/18 06:23 AM

I can't understand how some of these people ever make the cut. I also don't understand why more people don't catch fish or even try to fish. The trouble with most people that fish the way these people have to fish is that they don't know how to read the water they fish in. I also think the man that kills stuff with his Bow is some kind of a nut case. every time he kills some thing, he goes on about how terrible it bothers him. Either quit eating or quit killing.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: ALONE.... redemption time - 07/20/18 08:52 AM

took me a second to figure out this whole post is about a tv show
I used to watch married with children
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: ALONE.... redemption time - 07/20/18 01:42 PM

Had to stop watching that show a yr or so ago, it was so NOT entertaining, with knuckleheads not prepared. Its like folks never train/learn how to survive with minimal gear.

Re: ALONE.... redemption time - 07/20/18 02:00 PM

Originally Posted By: traprjohn
Had to stop watching that show a yr or so ago, it was so NOT entertaining, with knuckleheads not prepared. Its like folks never train/learn how to survive with minimal gear.

Whut? I don't understand....it clearly says at the start of each segment that these people are "trained survival experts"! I thought they were all the cream of the crop. A mere mortal such as me would have to tap out the first day like that guy did a year or two ago because he didn't want to be eaten by a bear. I think the chips fall where the producers say they fall. Time will tell.

Re: ALONE.... redemption time - 07/20/18 02:09 PM

Don, I think that guy is a nut too. Last night, one of my boys said the same thing as you.

Britt bugged me last night, he had moose walk right next to camp at night sees the tracks and doesn't go after them. Sure it's a lot of meat/work but the food and hide are worth the risk.

Didn't think that guy who's always cryimg would make it this far.
Posted By: NE Wildlife

Re: ALONE.... redemption time - 07/20/18 03:30 PM

Adam, they are not allowed to hunt the moose there. But the deer they are
Posted By: beaverpeeler

Re: ALONE.... redemption time - 07/20/18 08:10 PM

I will applaud the first time anybody on the Alone series actually kills something of substance instead of just a chipmunk or a grouse. Hard to believe that all these survival experts in 4 years have never killed anything over a few lbs.

Re: ALONE.... redemption time - 07/20/18 09:29 PM

Originally Posted By: NE Wildlife
Adam, they are not allowed to hunt the moose there. But the deer they are

That stinks
Posted By: tomahawker

Re: ALONE.... redemption time - 07/20/18 10:58 PM

It’s a who can starve longer competition.
Posted By: tomahawker

Re: ALONE.... redemption time - 07/20/18 11:03 PM

Watching ole Tom Oar on mountain men. I likeTom, but he embarrassed himself gutting a buffalo. Stabbed right in like a green horn, stomach opened up every where all over the place.
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: ALONE.... redemption time - 07/20/18 11:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Marty
proof that Tv is a waste of time.

I sometimes get glimpses of these shows while doing cardio and they are sad.

Nailed it
Posted By: Kyt

Re: ALONE.... redemption time - 07/21/18 12:15 AM

A buddy snagged his arm with a rusty limbline hook while boating on the river. He pushed the hook through the skin and tissue on the top of his forearm and had the point on the verge of breaking the skin. He said he could not push it out with all his might, no matter what he did. He decided to cut the skin where the point was, but couldn't manage it with one hand while pushing on the hook. The guy with him refused to and told him to go to the hospital. He finally convinced him, the guy cut the skin, the point popped through, rusty hook was cut with rusty pliers, and he went to work the next day with a bandage and a witness who said "that's the toughest son of a gun I ever saw".

I snagged the skin between my thumb and finger with a no. 18 treble hook. Two hooks past the barbs. Very superficial, no tendons involved, shallow because those hooks are TINY. Try as I might, I could not get the points through the skin. And with out cutting it out, I couldn't get it out. I put tension on it to slowly pull it out, since I figured how strong can those little wires be? The skin on my hand was stretched until it looked like a glove being pulled off. No go. Last ditch, I held the skin down with needle nose pliers and jerked it free. Out came the hook with enough meat to catch a bluegill.

I feel for the lady. Mine did not fester for a day and become infected, nor involve a tendon, and hers was a bigger, deeper hook. Tap time--go to the surgeon.
Posted By: Patrice

Re: ALONE.... redemption time - 07/21/18 12:46 AM

I saw that Dave guy crying in every show. He should go home and stop crying.

I wondered, was Britt the guy who tapped out in about the first episode the last time he was on the show because he was afraid of bears? (Not sure if I have that right so feel free to straighten me out.) I am getting a kick out of him doing so well fishing on this one. It's funny how you can have one person eating well and preserving food and another one starving and crying all the time.

I wonder if access to water or fishing is a luck of the draw thing in the show? It's interesting.

I am always glued to the TV to see what people put together for shelter. I really like to compare the building, constructing, innovating aspect of the whole thing.

Re: ALONE.... redemption time - 07/21/18 04:56 PM

I have to wonder if they are told to stay put to where they are dropped off. Why else would they all stay in that lower country instead of moving along the river until they have a hill next to it to make a dug-out into?
Posted By: newhouse114

Re: ALONE.... redemption time - 07/22/18 01:18 AM

I will admit that I have applied for this program every single year. The first year I had contracts signed and thought it was a done deal, I just didn't make the final cut for their "boot camp". Still trying so I can show what an old fart, one time Alaskan trapper, that has spent 7 months in isolation, can do. I wonder if it is the been there, done that, that has kept me off the show.

Re: ALONE.... redemption time - 07/22/18 04:28 AM

If Chuck would have made it on there it would have guaranteed a much larger viewing audience for their program. How many of us here on Trapperman would have missed an episode with one of our own out there? AND....the real deal!

Re: ALONE.... redemption time - 08/10/18 03:07 AM

Newhouse that would be awesome.

Down to 3 Sam is still in but can't poop. Next week there will be a winner. I hope it's Britt
Posted By: Alex the dog

Re: ALONE.... redemption time - 08/10/18 12:37 PM

With snow hitting the ground the show will end quickly. Too bad Britt lost the fish and his lure. I thought earlier when he was slaying the fish he would have had more of a stock pile built up for when times got lean. Britt does have a nice supply of firewood in his hut. None of the huts look like they have great roofs for preventing heat loss. Randy had built great cabin but just couldn't keep his head in it.

Dave

Re: ALONE.... redemption time - 08/10/18 12:59 PM

The last guy that tapped out went for a climb up that high ridge with just a stick to look for food, really except for plants what can you beat with that stick to get food, a Mongolian sloth or tortious maybe? whistle

Seen 1 shelter that was worth anything the rest looked like a firewood nightmare and nobody had a large woodpile that I could see.

Re: ALONE.... redemption time - 08/10/18 03:12 PM

Felt bad when Britt lost his lure too.
Law Dog, I think the guy that went home last night had the best shelter. A little cabin. Sams shelter won't handle 1 good snow storm. Britt had a good stock pile of firewood.

Re: ALONE.... redemption time - 08/10/18 03:21 PM

The guy last week had the log cabin and the nice fireplace is the one I was thinking about, funny how Britt was talking about how cold it was but the flies were still buzzing around his shelter?

Re: ALONE.... redemption time - 08/10/18 03:57 PM

Yup that was a nice cabin for sure. smile
Posted By: Larry Baer

Re: ALONE.... redemption time - 08/10/18 04:08 PM

I too felt bad for Britt when he lost his lure. The guy smoking fish on his chimney was pretty good. If he could have kept it going he could have made it during cold weather. I'm with some of the rest of you. Seams like a lot of us on here might not do too bad. You'll have to let us know if you get on the show Newhouse114!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: ALONE.... redemption time - 08/10/18 08:21 PM

Those folks are in hungry country. Better them than me. I'm too pretty to starve to death!

Re: ALONE.... redemption time - 08/10/18 08:25 PM

Just can't figure how you go for a long walk and don't take your bow with you or sit on a bank yapping and not have a pole in the water or a set line out 24/7.

Re: ALONE.... redemption time - 08/10/18 09:31 PM

X2 Jerry. Gotta use everything to your advantage in that situation.

Re: ALONE.... redemption time - 08/10/18 09:47 PM

I think I would have tried to get as much food as possible stored right away.
Posted By: DaYooper14

Re: ALONE.... redemption time - 08/11/18 12:59 AM

Finally catching up on season 5. Applied every season, pick me already! Carleigh had a tough go there.
Posted By: Alex the dog

Re: ALONE.... redemption time - 08/11/18 08:02 AM

Originally Posted By: Law Dog
The guy last week had the log cabin and the nice fireplace is the one I was thinking about, funny how Britt was talking about how cold it was but the flies were still buzzing around his shelter?

I saw that too and had to chuckle. Just have to remember this is for entertainment

Dave

Re: ALONE.... redemption time - 08/17/18 02:55 AM

Didn't see that coming

Re: ALONE.... redemption time - 08/17/18 03:46 AM

My money was on Britt. Just how can you not snare a rabbit is my question cut down a green tree let them work on it and set snares in the trails!

Re: ALONE.... redemption time - 08/17/18 01:55 PM

Hats off to all these folks. There's nothing fun about what they did, they just embraced the suck! $500k is a good payday for two months work. Better them than me though.

Interesting to see how hunger works on people's emotions. At first I found it hard to figure how they could just break down from loneliness, but I had to guess that the lack of calories, blood sugar, etc. was messing with their heads.

It also dawned on me last night that years ago many of your wilderness folks (that could write) kept a daily journal. Maybe that was their outlet for "conversation" if you will since they didn't have much outside contact with others.

Re: ALONE.... redemption time - 08/17/18 02:05 PM

Same here Jerry.
I couldn't understand why either of them didn't at least try snaring and hunting rabbits in the snow. I guess when you're fatigued like they were logic is almost gone.

Re: ALONE.... redemption time - 08/17/18 02:21 PM

I think a lot of the crazy (creative) talk is to pass the time and keep their minds as sharp as they could under those conditions. Just wondering how much crew was there and how they kept those batteries charges all of the time? LOL

I spent 6 years in a 1 room cabin in the 70s no water and no electric up in the UP and 2 months was nothing, but a little conversation and a hot meal not from a can was always welcome. LOL

Re: ALONE.... redemption time - 08/17/18 03:05 PM

Well, I have to say that I'm a little disappointed that the survival strategy that seems to be working the best is to go out there 50 lbs overweight. Not saying it wasn't a winning idea, just that as far as finding and catching food Sam was the absolute worst out there.

Anyway congrats to him. He did have a strong will to finish. Just that his survival skills were suspect in my mind.

Re: ALONE.... redemption time - 08/17/18 04:24 PM

This guy looks like a winner for sure 2 years minimum!

Re: ALONE.... redemption time - 08/17/18 04:29 PM

I think they must have gave them several batteries at a time and switched them out when they did the health check.
Has any contestant found another contestant and work together?

Re: ALONE.... redemption time - 08/17/18 04:48 PM

Must be a rule against it? Personally with all the time you would have I have to wonder why none of them ever built a blind by a deer trail? My money was on Britt but I saw his arrows he was carrying out when he left? I think several of the guys on here would be living there and eating just fine right now. Maybe they don't want the show to last that long.
Batman would be the winner for sure

Re: ALONE.... redemption time - 08/17/18 05:51 PM

Well I can't unsee that....thanks Law Dog.... laugh

Re: ALONE.... redemption time - 08/17/18 07:03 PM

I think they must have gave them several batteries at a time and switched them out when they did the health check.

The next week at Bills camp is a pile of bones next to the fire after Adams visit! LOL laugh Adam back at his camp burping loudly and often.

Re: ALONE.... redemption time - 08/17/18 07:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Law Dog

The next week at Bills camp is a pile of bones next to the fire after Adams visit! LOL laugh Adam back at his camp burping loudly and often.
laugh
& farting all night while sleeping in his fresh made deer hide blanket

Re: ALONE.... redemption time - 08/17/18 09:23 PM

I wondered about the bunny deal too. Also, they must make them stay near where they are dropped, because it sure would enter my mind to head for a hillside where I could make a dug-out of some sort. None of the "cabins" these folks made would be warm at sub-zero. They must have some rule to keep folks sorta close to the drop zone.

Re: ALONE.... redemption time - 08/17/18 09:34 PM

Deer hide that's a Bill hide! eek

Re: ALONE.... redemption time - 08/18/18 01:31 PM

grin
© 2024 Trapperman Forums