Home

Severe arthritis

Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Severe arthritis - 06/16/18 05:11 AM

For those of you that have bad arthritis, name of meds or herbs you take that helps relieve the pain?
Posted By: jctunnelrat

Re: Severe arthritis - 06/16/18 08:18 AM

ginger root. dried or fresh. takes about two weeks before it starts working.
Posted By: west river rogue

Re: Severe arthritis - 06/16/18 11:34 AM

Originally Posted By: jctunnelrat
ginger root. dried or fresh. takes about two weeks before it starts working.
maybe thats why i felt so good in philippines and so bad here. They use ginger in everything. Here,i dont.
Posted By: cotton

Re: Severe arthritis - 06/16/18 01:34 PM

will have to try some ginger
Posted By: gcs

Re: Severe arthritis - 06/16/18 02:05 PM

Theres different types of arthritis, and of course levels of severity, I couldn't find any natural anti inflammatories that worked. High levels of Ibuprofen, and naproxen just kept my pain dulled a little.
I have some kind of systemic arthritis that effects every joint I have, Just got new hips and the pain there is gone, but everything else still hurts. Still have the fatigue, and everything else arthritis brings with it, Docs havn't helped much other then take the Ibuprofen, or surgery. I hate to complain, but sometimes still do, lol

Some people have decent results with chondroitin, turmeric, fish oil, just look up anti inflamation diet. It may help, good luck
Posted By: jbyrd63

Re: Severe arthritis - 06/16/18 02:41 PM

Best thing I EVER purchased is a hot tub. 15 minutes in it every morning gives relief for a few hours. Some days I get in it 2-3 times a day. Put mine inside my 30 + 30 garage and installed central heat and air. BINGO added a ceiling fan over top of it and use it even in this 90 degree heat !!!!!

Best investment ever......
Posted By: Pete in Frbks

Re: Severe arthritis - 06/16/18 02:54 PM

I have tried virtually all the chemical solutions.

For me, nothing works better than EXERCISE. I use a recumbent bike and a treadmill.

Pete

Re: Severe arthritis - 06/16/18 03:29 PM

Originally Posted By: gcs
Theres different types of arthritis, and of course levels of severity, I couldn't find any natural anti inflammatories that worked. High levels of Ibuprofen, and naproxen just kept my pain dulled a little.
I have some kind of systemic arthritis that effects every joint I have, Just got new hips and the pain there is gone, but everything else still hurts. Still have the fatigue, and everything else arthritis brings with it, Docs havn't helped much other then take the Ibuprofen, or surgery. I hate to complain, but sometimes still do, lol

Some people have decent results with chondroitin, turmeric, fish oil, just look up anti inflamation diet. It may help, good luck

hot climate
Posted By: 30/06

Re: Severe arthritis - 06/16/18 04:21 PM

I have tried turmeric and fish oil without any relief. Exercise has helped. So does an occasional winter vacation to Maui!
I am interested in trying ginger.
How Much?
How often?
Thanks
Posted By: rendezvous

Re: Severe arthritis - 06/16/18 04:24 PM

I have arthritis in my hands(severe in left thumb) and knees. The best thing I have found for my arthritis is One Hand Setters for my MB550's and RTS Setter for my 330's. Knowing my limits helps too, I rarely have more than 12 sets out at a time.

Med-wise I am basically limited to Tylenol. I can take Ibuprophen in a pinch to get some sleep, but it messes with my coumadin. Herbs are out too. The Doc does not want me taking anything other than what he has prescribed, I now take 12-13 pills a day depending on the day...
Posted By: cndgmn

Re: Severe arthritis - 06/16/18 04:27 PM

This is gonna sound like a sales pitch because I currently have some for sale,thats not my intent.You should try some Chaga tea that you get from a reputable source.I don't care where you get it but you should try some.Heck,I don't even care if I sell what I have,I'll use it,lol.I recently discovered how effective it is for a myriad of problems myself.I first drank some for a cold but realized quickly that it helped my hip and shoulder pain.I don't know how it will work for those with more severe issues but I had pain bad enough to keep me awake and it was a big help.The only side-affect I have seen are funny dreams.

These statements have not been evaluated by the food and drug administration (FDA). These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Posted By: Scout1

Re: Severe arthritis - 06/17/18 02:55 AM

I've got mild RA. Type that affects your spine. It's not necessarily the arthritis but the side effects. Mine gave me anemia. You don't realize it but I was always tired, irritated, and about fainted a few times. Rhuemy put me on Humira. A new man I am. Anemia is gone. I lost weight and as mentioned earlier exercise quite a bit. I've had the RA since early 20s, but was not diagnosed until early 30s. RA is not something you want to overlook. Luckily my insurance just charges me $5 every 90 days for humira. My mom is on Medicare and her doc gives her the shot every month or so. No prescription. It's done in office. I quite tobacco and eat healthy. I'm 46 and ready for another 46!!!!
Posted By: Willy Firewood

Re: Severe arthritis - 06/17/18 05:41 AM

I know that a 25 year old gal could greatly reduce my arthritis! She could also help with flexibility, range of motion, and will to live. In fact, she could help me frequently.
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: Severe arthritis - 06/17/18 10:27 AM

chaga works it come from birch trees
Posted By: Scout1

Re: Severe arthritis - 06/17/18 10:28 AM

Originally Posted By: Willy Firewood
I know that a 25 year old gal could greatly reduce my arthritis! She could also help with flexibility, range of motion, and will to live. In fact, she could help me frequently.

Heart problems, but what a way to go!
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: Severe arthritis - 06/17/18 01:25 PM

The one that does the most good for me is tramadol. Have bone spurs in my back, and while I take some other stuff, it seems to do the most good. When they give me the first prescription, I took one, and it made me loopy, I said to myself , I'm not taking anymore of these! But after a few days of hurting, I tried it again, and it wasn't as bad. Now I notice nothing, except when I run out, and the pain is back. They told me to take up to four a day, but I take one in the am and one at night and do well that way.

I recently read an article about arthritis, and did not know that there are right at one hundred different forms of the disease!

Re: Severe arthritis - 06/17/18 10:07 PM

they gave me tramadol for my cancer and many others. I dont take them much at all because they are an opiate...they only take the edge off for me so i dont bother

Re: Severe arthritis - 06/18/18 11:31 AM

Originally Posted By: 30/06
I have tried turmeric and fish oil without any relief. Exercise has helped. So does an occasional winter vacation to Maui!
I am interested in trying ginger.
How Much?
How often?
Thanks
i didnt see where he replied on how much how often,so ill just chime in. In the philippines they put it in everything they cook as a flavoring. They just shave it off the root.They do know alot of the old chinese remedies because many pilipinos come from chinese roots.
Posted By: jctunnelrat

Re: Severe arthritis - 06/18/18 02:47 PM

sorry for delay in response.

I get the dried candied ginger from the grocery store. fresh root is good but i'm white Anglo-Saxon and my Parents/Grand Parents never used it to cook with, so I don't know how to cook with it. a couple chips every morning. takes a few weeks to notice a difference. a Vet brother turned me on to this.

I'm old and it seems to help.

best wishes
© 2024 Trapperman Forums