Home

Formula 1

Posted By: Ave

Formula 1 - 06/18/18 06:49 PM

Has anybody used this for dipping footholds? Does it do a good job of coating the trap and keeping rust out? Any problems with scent after it dries? I’m looking for a change up this year. Thanks
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Formula 1 - 06/18/18 10:15 PM

I have. It worked very well for me. Nice hard slick scent free finish in the time it takes for it to dry. Dip them in the morning, set them in the afternoon.
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: Formula 1 - 06/18/18 10:17 PM

Yes
Yes
No

If its good enough for Slim Pedersen and Newt Sterling, it's good enough for me!
Posted By: YamaCat

Re: Formula 1 - 06/18/18 10:20 PM

I really like the stuff, just waiting for it to become a Monthly Special at F&T
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Formula 1 - 06/18/18 10:51 PM

I reeaallly liked the tan color for 220 conibears in coon trails, but they quit making it. Go figger.
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Formula 1 - 06/18/18 10:52 PM

I like the brown F1.
Posted By: MJM

Re: Formula 1 - 06/19/18 01:08 AM

I think the F1 I got had froze. It came out of Mn and could have froze in shipping getting there. I picked it up in the early fall, so I know it didn't freeze then. It reminded me of enamel paint that had been froze. It was a lot like trying to mix cottage cheese. One gallon of that was enough for me. I would not buy any from a state where it could freeze for half the year.
Posted By: The Beav

Re: Formula 1 - 06/19/18 02:48 AM

I used some and It wasn't long before there was rust forming under the coating.
Posted By: Ave

Re: Formula 1 - 06/19/18 03:17 AM

Thanks. I noticed that full metal jacket turned a little gummy and took on a white color after the ground turned to mud. Anyone seen anything like this with formula 1? Also, does it color the traps and seal or just give them a clear coat? Thanks
Posted By: Tweed

Re: Formula 1 - 06/19/18 03:19 AM

I thought this was going to be about racing...
Posted By: AJE

Re: Formula 1 - 06/19/18 03:46 AM

Originally Posted By: Ave
Thanks. I noticed that full metal jacket turned a little gummy and took on a white color after the ground turned to mud. Anyone seen anything like this with formula 1? Also, does it color the traps and seal or just give them a clear coat? Thanks
Dakota Line makes a trap dip too.
Posted By: the Blak Spot

Re: Formula 1 - 06/19/18 11:44 AM

Originally Posted By: The Beav
I used some and It wasn't long before there was rust forming under the coating.

X2
Posted By: Teacher

Re: Formula 1 - 06/20/18 12:25 PM

I had rust bleed thru with Formula One. Waxed over it and solved the problem. BUT Formula One was supposed to eliminate waxing so it defeated the purpose.

Full Metal Jacket instructions say it will turn milky white when exposed to water. It’s a bummer if you water trap. But if your sets are buried anyway, white, black or even pink shouldn’t make a difference.
Posted By: Redeyesheds

Re: Formula 1 - 06/20/18 06:45 PM

White dryed clear with milky finish, I expected WHITE
Posted By: Newt

Re: Formula 1 - 06/20/18 07:20 PM

Originally Posted By: Gary Benson
I reeaallly liked the tan color for 220 conibears in coon trails, but they quit making it. Go figger.

No I DID NOT STOP MAKING IT I have it in stock. So does Sterling Fur

Black
Brown
Green
Tan
White

Re: Formula 1 - 06/20/18 07:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Ave

FORMULA ONE drys HARD in 24 hours.
Once hard .Water does not melt it

Re: Formula 1 - 06/20/18 07:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Redeyesheds
White dryed clear with milky finish, I expected WHITE

I would say. you need to put on three or more coats.
Or you mixed it too thin.
Posted By: Coon Duke

Re: Formula 1 - 06/20/18 07:37 PM

Some Formula 1 caught fur. A little rust under the dip doesn't hurt a thing. Takes a few coats the first time and then one coat each season after cleaning with pressure washer.

In my opinion, F1 is far superior compared to any other cold dip on the market. The old Aaron's dip was awesome but it is not available anymore.

Posted By: ShaneT

Re: Formula 1 - 06/20/18 07:54 PM

I love the stuff.
Posted By: MB Coonguy

Re: Formula 1 - 06/20/18 11:02 PM

I really like it too-great for body grips!
Posted By: Boone Liane

Re: Formula 1 - 06/21/18 12:19 AM

I wasn’t a huge fan.

Took forever to dry. Was gummy like latex paint for days.

Had to dip multiple times to achieve a good coat, which didn’t make it any faster than anything else.

Had a DEFINITE odor for days while it dried (smelled like latex paint).

And didn’t last longer than anything else out there.

For water traps I’d rather use speed dip.
Posted By: MINK I LOVE

Re: Formula 1 - 06/21/18 03:04 AM

Okay, I have to ask. I have a full can but the directions are all faded away. And have never used it before. How much water for a full can? Thanks!!!

Re: Formula 1 - 06/21/18 11:18 AM

1-2 water
Posted By: The Beav

Re: Formula 1 - 06/21/18 11:22 AM

I'm not going to comment on F1 but I dip In latex paint and It's stone dry In about 4 hours.
If your having those problems with latex pant your doing something wrong.

Re: Formula 1 - 06/21/18 11:57 AM

Originally Posted By: The Beav
I'm not going to comment on F1 but I dip In latex paint and It's stone dry In about 4 hours.
If your having those problems with latex pant your doing something wrong.

I agree. FORMULA ONE drys to the touch in about 1 hour.

I have dipped thousands of snares.Then shipped them. After about 1 hour of drying time.
When its humid .I dont dip.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums