Home

Selling tanned fur at conventions

Posted By: The Beav

Selling tanned fur at conventions - 06/20/18 09:31 PM

So I can't find the thread where someone was asking about selling tanned fur.
so It goes like this you can sell anything that Is tanned (dressed).
So I asked about the marten issue. The warden said as long as you can prove origin of those marten you would be good to go. So I don't know If In the states where marten trapping Is legal If there Is any reporting of the catch.
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: Selling tanned fur at conventions - 06/20/18 09:37 PM

Some states require a tag on marten. I believe Minnesota is one of those states.

Some states do not require a tag on marten. Idaho, Oregon, are 2 that come to mind.

Most states have a "if it is tanned it is ok to sell" policy. Still doesn't hurt to check with the individual state in question. There are some screwy laws out there.
Posted By: handitrapper

Re: Selling tanned fur at conventions - 06/20/18 10:13 PM

I would assume that it would be the same for badger? Since they also are protected in Wisconsin
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Selling tanned fur at conventions - 06/20/18 10:28 PM

Originally Posted By: The Beav
So I can't find the thread where someone was asking about selling tanned fur.
so It goes like this you can sell anything that Is tanned (dressed).
So I asked about the marten issue. The warden said as long as you can prove origin of those marten you would be good to go. So I don't know If In the states where marten trapping Is legal If there Is any reporting of the catch.

The problem with that is you might deal with another warden and get a totally different take on it!
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: Selling tanned fur at conventions - 06/20/18 10:54 PM

Selling tanned badger in Wisconsin is not a problem at all. Muskrat sells them on his web site www.riverinefurtraders.com. They look really nice in a hoop.

In Wisconsin, badger and marten are classified different,y by the DNR. Badger are protected. Marten are threaten d.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums