Home

You'd think?

Posted By: warrior

You'd think? - 07/04/18 03:06 AM

After twenty years someone would've learned you don't have to kill beef twice.
Charcoal belongs below the grill not on top of it.

FCOL, why are some folks deathly afraid of pink? It ain't cute no more.
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: You'd think? - 07/04/18 03:24 AM

I hear you!! If you are scared of pink eat a burger
Posted By: Dfabs

Re: You'd think? - 07/04/18 03:25 AM

Medium rare for me. If ya gotta put steak sauce on it, ya cooked it too long. Steak has a flavor, and that flavor ain’t shoe leather. I’m with ya warrior. That’s what your potato is for, to soak up all the blood.
Posted By: Jurassic Park

Re: You'd think? - 07/04/18 03:26 AM

Why does pink hamburger make you sick, but pink steak doesn’t?
Posted By: James

Re: You'd think? - 07/04/18 03:30 AM

In the process of grinding meat, there is more opportunity for harmful bacteria to enter the ground meat.

Jim
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: You'd think? - 07/04/18 04:46 AM

Originally Posted By: Dfabs
Medium rare for me. If ya gotta put steak sauce on it, ya cooked it too long. Steak has a flavor, and that flavor ain’t shoe leather. I’m with ya warrior. That’s what your potato is for, to soak up all the blood.

X2
Posted By: gryhkl

Re: You'd think? - 07/04/18 10:16 AM

I leave my burgers pink in the middle too. Not as red as my steak, but I don't like them well done.
Posted By: pcr2

Re: You'd think? - 07/04/18 11:20 AM

burn it for me grin
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: You'd think? - 07/04/18 12:07 PM

When I was a kid working at a local gun club as a trap boy, my mom and her friends volunteered with the club's women's auxiliary. They'd spend work weekends cooking and serving meals.

One of their specialties was "cannibal burgers"; a patty of raw ground beef with a slice of raw onion topped with Limburger cheese. Nobody died, heck, I don't recall anybody ever getting sick from it.

I like my steak and my burgers rare to medium rare. Especially venison, you just can't overcook that without turning it into leather.

My wife likes her meat well-done (burnt).
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: You'd think? - 07/04/18 12:12 PM

Pink inside here,medium, wife is the same
Posted By: Tweed

Re: You'd think? - 07/04/18 12:26 PM

Steak I like rare-medium rare but the exterior with a good char.
Burgers I like well-medium well unless I get the beef ground fresh from a good locAL butcher.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: You'd think? - 07/04/18 01:19 PM

Actually cook it for me!

Re: You'd think? - 07/04/18 01:22 PM

buddy always says-wipe its butt and knock the horns off it.
Posted By: Gulo

Re: You'd think? - 07/04/18 01:25 PM

With wild game, just restore the original body temperature.

-or-

Knock off the horns and drag it through a warm kitchen.

Jack
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: You'd think? - 07/04/18 01:39 PM

When there's blood left in the plate, that is a well cooked steak.
Posted By: white17

Re: You'd think? - 07/04/18 01:45 PM

I like it to kick a little when you stick the fork in it.

Some of the best stuff in the world is Tiger Meat................It's popular in Aberdeen, South Dakota during pheasant season !
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: You'd think? - 07/04/18 02:09 PM

Hank Hill put it best.
Posted By: adam m

Re: You'd think? - 07/04/18 02:43 PM

Medium rare here. X3 Dfabs.
Posted By: adam m

Re: You'd think? - 07/04/18 02:48 PM

One time my wife took me to Gorden Ramsey's (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) Kitchen in nyc for my birthday. I ordered the rack of lamb medium rare. Got my food they had put the rack of lamb on the grill for maybe 10 seconds (and that's being generous).

The restaurant is so dark the candles barely give enough light to look across the table. So when I bit into the meat it was unedible
Posted By: RM trapper

Re: You'd think? - 07/04/18 02:53 PM

Me and my wife have this argument every time we eat at a steakhouse or grill out. I like mine medium to medium rare and she wants hers well done. I can't even get her to try it if its not well done. My kids are just like me, when we go to the steakhouse and they are ask how they want their steak they always tell the waitress "juicy" like daddy's

Re: You'd think? - 07/04/18 02:56 PM

how the heck can you trappers afford steak in this market ? laugh
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: You'd think? - 07/04/18 03:46 PM

I remember a steak house where if you said well done, all you would get was pork chops. They would not serve steak that way.
Posted By: elkaholic

Re: You'd think? - 07/04/18 07:51 PM

My grandmother would always have a raw ball of meat on the counter when cooking. Every now and again she'd grab that ball and take a bite.

My mom will take a bite of the ground meat when seasoning it to make sure it's right.

Now on to the question at hand.

Steak.... Medium to med- rare.

Burger medium well to well. If it doesn't show pink or give me that fatty blech taste then I'll be ok. The instant I can taste the texture of the fat I'm done.

Re: You'd think? - 07/04/18 08:15 PM

Originally Posted By: pcr2

Beaver strap chops.
Posted By: DelawareRob

Re: You'd think? - 07/04/18 08:20 PM

Steaks. Rare

Burger. Medium rare

I don’t trust anyone who eats their red meat well done.
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: You'd think? - 07/04/18 08:27 PM

Guess I'm one of the odd ones... I ate my steaks rare and bloody for years. Then I tried one that was medium and found I preferred the taste cooked that way.

I won't eat one cooked "well done" as it's too dry and tough. But medium going on medium well is great.

I rarely eat grilled burgers anymore, but I may have one today. I don't care for them being cool and pink in the center, but they can't make a sound when they hit the plate either. Lol

Mike

Re: You'd think? - 07/04/18 08:31 PM

Originally Posted By: pcr2

Not by selling fur. wink
Posted By: virgil1972

Re: You'd think? - 07/04/18 08:32 PM

My wife is one of those people that is afraid of getting sick. She cooks it so it resembles cardboard. I prefer to go out into a field and start chewing on a cow right then and there.
Posted By: ack

Re: You'd think? - 07/04/18 08:45 PM

extra rare cold in the center. thats the way i order. ticks me off when they burn it. son orders his the same way. wife and daughter has theirs rare.

gettin crotchety in my older age. good chance if you ever have steak at my place you may have to chase it down midmeal.
Posted By: ack

Re: You'd think? - 07/04/18 09:04 PM

Sorry but I had to. Cooked to perfection. Xtra rare!

Posted By: Mbcoyote

Re: You'd think? - 07/04/18 10:33 PM

Same here. I wanna have to stick my fork into it and drag it back to my plate screaming mooo as its trying to escape😊

Re: You'd think? - 07/04/18 10:39 PM

Originally Posted By: ack

Sorry but I had to. Cooked to perfection. Xtra rare!

Nice char

Re: You'd think? - 07/04/18 10:40 PM

I got a question for you other rare aficionados.... How bad (smelly) is your gas afterwards?

Re: You'd think? - 07/04/18 10:41 PM

Originally Posted By: RM trapper
Me and my wife have this argument every time we eat at a steakhouse or grill out. I like mine medium to medium rare and she wants hers well done. I can't even get her to try it if its not well done. My kids are just like me, when we go to the steakhouse and they are ask how they want their steak they always tell the waitress "juicy" like daddy's

Same here with mine man....

It's also a topic of discussion at many family BBQs.
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: You'd think? - 07/04/18 10:45 PM

Originally Posted By: Tweed
I got a question for you other rare aficionados.... How bad (smelly) is your gas afterwards?

Just as stinky as any other fart.

Re: You'd think? - 07/04/18 10:59 PM

No worse than any other.
Posted By: paradork

Re: You'd think? - 07/05/18 01:15 AM

Local butcher shop sells what they call chop beef. Basically a fine grind of beef with seasonings. Not sure about any cure, I doubt it based on color. Sells like crazy. I won't eat it anymore. Caused gastrointestinal intestinal stink that makes backbreaker look weak. For safety reasons I gave it up. I do like a medium steak though
© 2024 Trapperman Forums