Home

Socko - Fox River Mills Socks

Posted By: TreedaBlackdog

Socko - Fox River Mills Socks - 07/05/18 05:33 PM

So a few years ago I was at a trapping convention and I purchased a few pairs of socks from a guy selling socks......I know trapping convention and I bought socks.....So, they ended up being the best socks EVER and I am serious. They were made at Fox River Mills and are labelled as Military Dry Wick socks. I see they sell them online for around 11-14 a pair and YES they are worth it. I have had them at least 4-5 years and they are still excellent. So - does anyone else remember the SOCKO guy selling socks? I think he had an inside deal with the mill and would buy seconds or blemishes and then resell them. Just wondered if he still was doing it? I can even remember what state I was in for the convention but it looks like Fox River mill is still active in Osage, IA.
Thanks
Posted By: charles

Re: Socko - Fox River Mills Socks - 07/05/18 05:45 PM

I bought some seconds from a fellow whose father owned a textile mill once. They lasted 1/2 day before holes formed. Dont recomment you buy seconds unless you know why they were graded that way. Think mine had a stitching flaw.
Posted By: Kre

Re: Socko - Fox River Mills Socks - 07/05/18 05:54 PM

Heck yes, SOCKO is still selling socks. He's at Marshfield (WI) whenever there's a convention. Just bought socks from him a couple weeks ago.

As a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure he's the only person I've got socks from in many years.

He's a really nice guy and you can't beat his deals on socks.

Re: Socko - Fox River Mills Socks - 07/05/18 05:58 PM

I agree completely! I am about as tight as they come......and I came away from a trapping convention with some of the best socks I have ever bought. The military ones are by far the BEST I have ever put on my feet.

Anyone know if that is the only convention he goes to?
Posted By: rivercabin53

Re: Socko - Fox River Mills Socks - 07/05/18 06:47 PM

I bought socks at the Escanaba convention 2 years ago. The guy was giving away the socks but you had to pay 5.00 for the rubber band that held two pair to gather. Great heavy socks Larry. So I have six rubber bands left over.
Posted By: Kre

Re: Socko - Fox River Mills Socks - 07/05/18 06:52 PM

I know he'll be in Escanaba for the NTA and back in Marshfield for the WTA convention in September.
Posted By: doug2000

Re: Socko - Fox River Mills Socks - 07/05/18 07:02 PM

might be he went by sock monkey or something like that didn't pay to much attention to that part. I got them from minn con. years back and there still going strong
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Socko - Fox River Mills Socks - 07/05/18 08:30 PM

I don't know the guy you're asking about but I love my Fox River socks. I get their Bilbao Merino Hiker, a merino wool sock and wear it as a work sock almost year round. I get them from the Working Person's Store online, they always have coupons and are always running specials.

I'll have to check out their Military Dry Wick socks.
Posted By: AKAjust

Re: Socko - Fox River Mills Socks - 07/06/18 11:33 AM

I hope they are as good as you say. I bought some at Marshfield Saturday.
just

Re: Socko - Fox River Mills Socks - 07/06/18 12:25 PM

I have a few years on my Military Dry Wick socks.......my wife even steals them and wears them.....
They are not a wool sock so don't expect winter comfort when sitting on a tree stand - but overall, everyday work sock - I have found no better for a work boot.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums