Home

Plantars Wart

Posted By: Nittany Lion

Plantars Wart - 07/11/18 12:06 PM

What is a good remedy/cure for Plantars Wart?
Posted By: grisseldog

Re: Plantars Wart - 07/11/18 12:25 PM

I put gorilla tape on mine for two weeks, pulled tape off and when it dried , wart was gone
Posted By: Tactical.20

Re: Plantars Wart - 07/11/18 01:26 PM

Acid treatment from store, don't let Dr freeze it, that sucks! I could hardly walk on my foot for two weeks, never again
Posted By: charles

Re: Plantars Wart - 07/11/18 02:56 PM

In my 20s and 30s I tried surgery and acid. Finally a doctor held a seringe of dry ice on my foot during several visits. He gave me silver nitrate to apply between weekly procedures. My cure was due to an accidental formulation of the silver nitrate. Doctor told me the pharmacist mixted a batch ten times too strong. A decimal error I guess. The more powerful solution cured me.
Posted By: shortliner16

Re: Plantars Wart - 07/11/18 03:55 PM

How big was the wart when this cured it?

Re: Plantars Wart - 07/11/18 04:15 PM

Dime.
Posted By: Owen

Re: Plantars Wart - 07/11/18 04:51 PM

Shredded potato mixed with Ginger. Make a poultice and sleep with it. My sister said it works fast. She used it on her son and it dried it up almost overnight.
Posted By: OhioBoy

Re: Plantars Wart - 07/11/18 05:11 PM

1 cotton ball, apple cider vinegar, and tape. Change it every 12 hours and see where your at after three days.

Depending where your talking be careful in a sensitive area that vinegar can burn a spot onto you.

Worked for my skin tags and is supposed to work for planters worts too. I was so impressed I think if you tried it it would work.
Posted By: Muskrat

Re: Plantars Wart - 07/11/18 05:13 PM

what OhioBoy said
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Plantars Wart - 07/11/18 05:23 PM

Go to the doctor and get it frozen off and be done with it ... or mess around with cheap home remedies for days, weeks, months... then end up going to the doctor and having it frozen off and be done with it.
Posted By: tomahawker

Re: Plantars Wart - 07/11/18 06:50 PM

Had a doozy in high school. Had it froze several times, didn’t work. Got the belt out to chew on and dug it out. That worked

Re: Plantars Wart - 07/11/18 09:00 PM

Dr froze three for me, hit them three times, he said if it didn't get them then finish them off with the acid treatment from the store, that will work he said. The one one the heel of my hand blistered, then broke, it was gone, but foot one and finger one didn't die.
I think they are almost gone with acid.
Having that big blister in ball of my foot hurt, working, walking all day
Posted By: Jtrapper

Re: Plantars Wart - 07/12/18 01:20 AM

Never heard of them till Donnie was in the hospital and had one come up on bottom of my foot, limped on it
till we got him out of the hospital and month's of therapy, doc burned mine out with a laser, the shot in
the bottom of the foot feels WONDERFUL!

Told me you can just leave it alone and it will go away in 2 years, is a virus and takes that long for it
to die.

Doc said he burns them out cause that gets it all, freezing will sometimes/sometimes not.

Re: Plantars Wart - 07/12/18 03:13 AM

I think mine was at least 2 years old
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Plantars Wart - 07/12/18 04:08 AM

Some Tea Tree mixed with Badgers Pubic Hair....or have the Doc freeze them. They suck !
Posted By: crazy Eddy

Re: Plantars Wart - 07/12/18 10:09 AM

Vitamin c will remove all warts in about a week or two. Take it orally. High dose

Re: Plantars Wart - 07/12/18 12:57 PM

I put melaleuca oil on them 2-3 times a day for more than a week, didn't seem to do anything
Posted By: Nittany Lion

Re: Plantars Wart - 07/12/18 08:32 PM

I got me some Compound W one step pads. I will try them for a while. My doctor told me it may take 3 weeks and that is pretty much what the druggist told me. However, when I got home and finished reading the directions it may take up to 12 weeks.
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Plantars Wart - 07/12/18 08:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Nittany Lion
I got me some Compound W one step pads. I will try them for a while. My doctor told me it may take 3 weeks and that is pretty much what the druggist told me. However, when I got home and finished reading the directions it may take up to 12 weeks.

Then you can go to the doctor and have him freeze it off and be done with it. lol

Re: Plantars Wart - 07/12/18 10:26 PM

Freezing mine three times in one visit only killed one of three warts

Re: Plantars Wart - 07/12/18 10:35 PM

Ask about the silver nitrate following freezing.

Re: Plantars Wart - 07/13/18 12:02 AM

I haven't heard of that stuff
Posted By: TurkeyTime

Re: Plantars Wart - 07/13/18 01:41 AM

I had them on one foot for 20 years until last August. I had tried freezing, tape, vitamins, acid, etc. and nothing worked. If anything they multiplied. 7 years ago a dermatologist told me that the problem is that my body is not recognizing the warts as a threat and when it does they will be gone. Last Aug I got bit by a spider on the top of that foot. Turned into a nickel size blister, would not heal for a week, then sloooowwwly healed. I was worried there for a while. Within 1 month the planters warts were gone. I can only think that in the process of attacking the bite area my body went after the warts as well. I would not recommend a purposeful spider bite but it did work.

Re: Plantars Wart - 07/13/18 01:25 PM

They sure are stubborn
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Plantars Wart - 07/13/18 02:08 PM

soldering iron when you can feel it stop is the fast way or the DR to have them frozen off

the slow but much less painful way

Generic Name: cimetidine
Brand Name: Tagamet

I had 19 frozen off when I was about 16 the doctor said you must have more nerve endings in your feet than most people if we do that again remind me to write you a script for something to take before your appointment, my brother chose the other option 6 months of taking tagament there wasn't a generic at the time something about the acid reducer kills the plantar wart virus
Posted By: Cooncreek II

Re: Plantars Wart - 07/13/18 03:49 PM

Originally Posted By: tomahawker
Had a doozy in high school. Had it froze several times, didn’t work. Got the belt out to chew on and dug it out. That worked

I did the same thing when I was around 13, had a little stem on it.
Had another one 15 yrs. ago so I went to the doc, he got rid of it but that sucker hurt for 2 weeks after.
Posted By: jackrock

Re: Plantars Wart - 07/14/18 02:12 AM

Duct tape on the wart 5-7 days. Keep it moist. Will definately work. Beats going to a doctor hands down. Works on regular warts too.
Posted By: Rick Otts

Re: Plantars Wart - 07/14/18 03:30 AM

I had one as a kid in my 20s on my heel I dug it out with my hunting knife if you can believe that! But it's true and never came back.
Posted By: bhugo

Re: Plantars Wart - 07/14/18 12:34 PM

Originally Posted By: jackrock
Duct tape on the wart 5-7 days. Keep it moist. Will definately work. Beats going to a doctor hands down. Works on regular warts too.

This
Posted By: ret44

Re: Plantars Wart - 07/14/18 06:04 PM

Had a cluster of five on bottom of foot ,they tried shaving ,freezing twice. Dug deep and caulterized once . Was back within a couple weeks. Doc finally took me in for surgery cut a big hole in foot then stitched together .
Posted By: Castormound

Re: Plantars Wart - 07/14/18 09:43 PM

I believe ya Rick. Had a big one on my heel and yanked it out piece by piece with needle nose pliers, never came back.
Posted By: SleekOtter

Re: Plantars Wart - 07/15/18 12:59 AM

I had a large one that took up the whole pad of my big toe for 7 years while I was in school. Tried freezing an cutting, burning, Compound W, Etc. The freezing/burning and cutting was an unbearable pain to me.

I put a banana peeling on the wart then a band-aid over it for a week and it came right off, not yet to return. thought it was a fluke until I got one at the base of my thumb and repeated the process. Same results.

Painless, nanners are cheap, and you can eat the fruit even!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums