Home

Gotta set some cages!

Posted By: Law Dog

Gotta set some cages! - 07/11/18 12:50 PM

Mama cat was on the porch this morning all tore up wife said a couple others were up in the trees not sure what got them ripped up and spooked. Thinking other cats the neighbor has a few knucklehead cats that like to fight a lot!

All the damage to the Mama cat is in the neck area and the front foot area so that has me thinking cats the way they lock together in a fight.
Posted By: west river rogue

Re: Gotta set some cages! - 07/11/18 12:55 PM

yup,,cats...they bite front feet alot in fights!! Hope u dont mind me adding. Others in trees is what i see when coyotes are prowling,cat fight=great predator attractor
Posted By: warrior

Re: Gotta set some cages! - 07/11/18 01:07 PM

Seriously cats outside? You should know better.

Re: Gotta set some cages! - 07/11/18 01:10 PM

Originally Posted By: warrior
Seriously cats outside? You should know better.

Mouse and rabbit patrol they serve a need here house is surrounded by hay lands!
Posted By: Fisher Man

Re: Gotta set some cages! - 07/11/18 11:32 PM

I agree completely with Warrior.Cats do not belong outside. No sympathy from me.

Re: Gotta set some cages! - 07/11/18 11:37 PM

Mice don't belong inside! LOL

Re: Gotta set some cages! - 07/11/18 11:46 PM

JMO, but a cat in the open is a target.

Re: Gotta set some cages! - 07/11/18 11:55 PM

I gave her a shot of penicillin when I went to work have not seen her since, some day I will fill you in on what them cats are worth every year!
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Gotta set some cages! - 07/12/18 12:51 AM

Cats kill more birds than all us combined. Southern Plantations frown heavily on cats, lol. Saw one three days in a row, each time it had a quail. She was never seen after that, not sure what happened to her.

Re: Gotta set some cages! - 07/12/18 01:30 AM

Seen her at the water dish taking a huge drink looked a little better then before put some off on her head to keep the flies off and some meds in the water dish. 50/50 I give her with the flies and all.
Posted By: Diggerman

Re: Gotta set some cages! - 07/12/18 02:03 AM

A little sheep dip will keep the blow flies away.
Posted By: Taximan

Re: Gotta set some cages! - 07/12/18 02:38 AM

I've also seen cat bites like that on feet and they are really prone to infections.I also trap a lot of prairie and hay fields and understand about the mice.With the diseases they carry out here,you don't want them in your house.

Re: Gotta set some cages! - 07/12/18 02:57 AM

Cats bite are notoriously nasty as cats carry enough germs in their mouth that almost any bite from a cat is almost always fatal to small animals whether from the initial bite or the ensuing infection.
Standard SOP in the rehabbing community for cat victims is massive dosages of antibiotics.

Re: Gotta set some cages! - 07/12/18 03:50 AM

Need to get something other then penicillin that stuff gets them howling so the second shot is not as easy to give as the 1st one!
Posted By: Diggerman

Re: Gotta set some cages! - 07/12/18 12:34 PM

Put em in a stove pipe.

Re: Gotta set some cages! - 07/12/18 07:48 PM

Got a combo shot but she if off healing or dead some place if she doesn't show up today I have one with the sniffles that could use a shot!
Posted By: Broomchaser

Re: Gotta set some cages! - 07/12/18 10:10 PM

C- cats
A- are
T- targets
Posted By: Tactical.20

Re: Gotta set some cages! - 07/12/18 11:33 PM

I don't like mice, the prairie here can have forty different species, biology teacher told me

Re: Gotta set some cages! - 07/13/18 12:09 AM

Tough to keep up with some landowners they want a few cats around one year for the mice then they get paid hunters and then they need to go because the eat the chicks! LOL
Posted By: Kermit

Re: Gotta set some cages! - 07/13/18 12:35 AM

Don,t bother with a stove pipe. AN old rubber boot and a can of either. Shot of either in the toe, and drop cat in. Also works good if it's a male needing a knife job.
Posted By: Getting There

Re: Gotta set some cages! - 07/13/18 12:49 AM

Put up Kestrel nesting boxes. They eat tons of mice. But I am sure they would not hesitate to eat a young quail. JMO
© 2024 Trapperman Forums