Home

My pet coyote Waylon... I need to chat with a Vet

Posted By: Medlaketrap

My pet coyote Waylon... I need to chat with a Vet - 07/12/18 02:40 AM

Looking to speak with any vets on here... I need to get a rabies vaccine for him... please pm me
Posted By: rpmartin

Re: My pet coyote Waylon... I need to chat with a Vet - 07/12/18 03:30 AM

You better get him checked out fast, really fast!! Good luck
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: My pet coyote Waylon... I need to chat with a Vet - 07/12/18 03:55 AM

Should be a regular K-9 shot but they might not give you a tag as it's a yote, My skunk get cat shots and no tag for me from the vet the vaccine producer won't stand behind the shots so they are a feel good thing all the way around really!
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: My pet coyote Waylon... I need to chat with a Vet - 07/12/18 08:52 AM

If you know anybody going to Arkansas the nitelite coon hunters store is just south of I40 in Clarksville. Exit 55. Our wonderful government, in their infinite wisdom, has made selling rabies through the mail illegal now. you can still buy it at nitelite though in the state of Arkansas.

Pet coyotes are not a good idea. Somebody is going to get bit and will need stitches. Your "pet" coyote plan will not end well.
Posted By: varmintshooter

Re: My pet coyote Waylon... I need to chat with a Vet - 07/12/18 10:33 AM

Just call it a shepadoodle.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: My pet coyote Waylon... I need to chat with a Vet - 07/12/18 11:49 AM

Originally Posted By: varmintshooter
Just call it a shepadoodle.
grin
Posted By: doublesettrigger

Re: My pet coyote Waylon... I need to chat with a Vet - 07/12/18 01:07 PM

Call him a Canardly. He is so mixed that you Canardly tell what he is. You could tell them that he is a "Airplane" breed,,, daddy is an Airdale and momma is just plain ole dawg.

Rickey

Re: My pet coyote Waylon... I need to chat with a Vet - 07/12/18 02:03 PM

danny clifton.. thanks for the info.. as far as pet coyotes not ending well... we shall see... i will tell you one thing... there are a lot more pet coyotes than you would ever imagine!! once people know you have one, they come out of the wood work!!

Re: My pet coyote Waylon... I need to chat with a Vet - 07/12/18 03:26 PM

We wont see because ive already seen

Re: My pet coyote Waylon... I need to chat with a Vet - 07/12/18 06:12 PM

Doubt it
Posted By: gcs

Re: My pet coyote Waylon... I need to chat with a Vet - 07/12/18 10:47 PM

He, who apparently can't be named, also a vet, had them as pets, till they wern't pets anymore, said it NEVER ended well.
Posted By: TONY.F

Re: My pet coyote Waylon... I need to chat with a Vet - 07/12/18 10:56 PM

in mo to own a yote it has to be registered and have attended a obedience class! What a gimick
Posted By: KeithC

Re: My pet coyote Waylon... I need to chat with a Vet - 07/13/18 12:52 AM

Compared to all the larger livestock and even many dogs, a coyote is not a very dangerous animal. There are millions of people that work with much more dangerous animals, daily, than a coyote. Most don't come to any harm. Like most of any other decisions in life there is a risk of a bad outcome. Just because some people had bad experiences with coyotes as pets, does not mean everyone will. Some people are more careful, smarter, can read an animal better or are luckier than others.

Unless you are a firm creationist, you should be capable of understanding that there were no domestic animals, until after people domesticated wild animals, through generations of selective breeding. I am glad that all of our ancestors were not firmly convinced, that you should not keep wild animals.

Keith

Re: My pet coyote Waylon... I need to chat with a Vet - 07/13/18 01:06 AM

laugh
Posted By: Marty B

Re: My pet coyote Waylon... I need to chat with a Vet - 07/13/18 01:21 AM

Can anyone share a pet coyote story that turned out positive in the long run?
Posted By: Monster Toms

Re: My pet coyote Waylon... I need to chat with a Vet - 07/13/18 02:21 AM

Originally Posted By: Marty B

Yep mine ran a long ways and died!
Posted By: Marty B

Re: My pet coyote Waylon... I need to chat with a Vet - 07/13/18 02:28 AM

No I meant a story that doesn't involve a 17Rem.

A happy story, one that ends with all the children possessing 100% of their faces, blemish free.
Posted By: TONY.F

Re: My pet coyote Waylon... I need to chat with a Vet - 07/13/18 05:34 AM

I agree yotes aren't nearly as agreesive as say a Rottweiler lol or a blue healer! yotes by nature are trembling cowards. Very few are aggressive scared out of their minds but release them I bet all will run away
Posted By: Calvin

Re: My pet coyote Waylon... I need to chat with a Vet - 07/13/18 08:13 AM

I'm with Danny on this one. Been lots of men that have tried with grand intentions. I just hope the owner is the target and not some kid When it happens.
Posted By: wamp

Re: My pet coyote Waylon... I need to chat with a Vet - 07/13/18 10:11 AM

If I remember right Matt Jones had a pet yote, maybe he will add to this if he is still around

Re: My pet coyote Waylon... I need to chat with a Vet - 07/13/18 10:18 AM

I believe hetraps has had several
Posted By: LDW

Re: My pet coyote Waylon... I need to chat with a Vet - 07/13/18 11:18 AM

My dad had a pet coyote for a couple of years. He was a really neat pet. Crazy thing was, dad hunted coyotes with hounds and this coyote would sleep with them. They never once bothered him. Dad lived in the country, he came home one day and the coyote had been shot right in his front yard. Never found out who did it.
Posted By: west river rogue

Re: My pet coyote Waylon... I need to chat with a Vet - 07/13/18 11:19 AM

glenn sterling had one when i worked adc with him,,he used it for a decoy ....didnt last long...unfortunately it usually doesnt turn out well for the animal. I had a wolf once and 2 red fox...among others. Always ended badly for them. I dont count the dociles like skunks
Posted By: Highoctane

Re: My pet coyote Waylon... I need to chat with a Vet - 07/13/18 11:31 AM

You'll have to pardon my animosity for coyotes..July 5 2018

Re: My pet coyote Waylon... I need to chat with a Vet - 12/01/18 01:17 AM

waylon has really turned out to be an awesome pet> I can't get any of my videos to load on here... if anyone would like to see them, i could text you...

So all you nay sayers... WERE COMPLETELY WRONG ABOUT HAVING A COYOTE AS A PET!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... I KNEW IT
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: My pet coyote Waylon... I need to chat with a Vet - 12/01/18 01:52 AM

I hope it does work out for ya but I also hope no kids are around when it decides not to be a pet anymore. I've not personally tried it but I do have one of those live free die hard buddies that rustles up spring pups thinking he will tame one. I think he's 0 for 10.
Posted By: Born

Re: My pet coyote Waylon... I need to chat with a Vet - 12/01/18 02:18 AM

I thought I remember of another person on here this last spring with a coyote pup

Re: My pet coyote Waylon... I need to chat with a Vet - 12/01/18 03:01 AM

We have a coyote named Katie. She is house broken. Last week, she layed on the couch with me with two cats and a dog, while I watched the Ohio State game. She mostly acts like a dog. Katie is very affectionate. She likes having her ears and belly rubbed. She will stand on the legs on one side of her body and roll into you, so you can rub her belly easier. She just had her first deer bone. She gets along fine with our dogs and house cats. She also leaves the outside cats she knows alone. She does not like cats and dogs she does not know. She will sleep with our house cats and dogs.

I am still in favor of hunting and trapping coyotes.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Keith
Posted By: Born

Re: My pet coyote Waylon... I need to chat with a Vet - 12/01/18 03:23 AM

I thought it was you Keith, I was looking through your posts but couldn't find it.

Re: My pet coyote Waylon... I need to chat with a Vet - 12/01/18 04:04 AM

Katie is really infatuated with sticks right now. She tries to pickup and carry every stick she finds. She'll get 4 or 5 slender sticks in her mouth at a time and constantly switches sticks when she finds one she thinks is better.

She loves throwing toys and chasing them.

When we had snow, Katie would jump in the air and pounce, like she was trying to catch mice.

It's a pain walking her on warm wet nights because she won't potty, because she keeps trying to catch nightcrawlers. She also will dig and eat grubs, if given a chance to. She catches and eats moths, butterflies and other flying insects.

Katie fetches frisbees pretty well, but only catches a few. She has never attempted to run away off leash. She will run laps and tease you with something she likes. She wants the dogs and cats to chase after her prize. She will lay toys on top of the cats and then run away, run back, pickup the toy and drop it on the cat again.

Keith
Posted By: Arkansas87

Re: My pet coyote Waylon... I need to chat with a Vet - 12/01/18 07:10 AM

Caught a baby coyot by hand once while hog hunting. Still had embiliCal chord. Caught it for my brother cause the day before I accidentally ran over his dog in the driveway.it was the ONEREYEST critter I ever been around! Took inside and watched tv lol. Would do fine till you tryed to pet it and it would eat u up! Never took its eyes off ya.seemed sweet till ya wasn't looking and then it would try to chew on ya lol. The thing was so mean we had to let it go. And that's dang bad cause we pritty mean ourselves lol
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: My pet coyote Waylon... I need to chat with a Vet - 12/01/18 10:08 AM

wild animal should stay wild
Posted By: Eagleye

Re: My pet coyote Waylon... I need to chat with a Vet - 12/01/18 11:25 AM

Check with Siegfried & Roy... I think they had a pet

Re: My pet coyote Waylon... I need to chat with a Vet - 12/01/18 11:30 AM

katie looks to be at least part dog. id be curious to know if she only comes in heat once a year in late January early February or if she comes in more often or at a different time. seems like she came from a "breeder"?

Re: My pet coyote Waylon... I need to chat with a Vet - 12/01/18 12:42 PM

Id be more afraid of peoples insecure dogs... than this coyote. My wife runs a dog boarding business.... i'll tell you what... yellow labs are the most psychotic animal as far as any canine is concerned .... its all how the animal is raised. This coyote is free range... yes, you heard me right... he comes and goes as he pleases. Never leaves the yard unless he is with one of us or follows my border collie. He has everything he needs... so there is a small amount of instinct... in there, somewhere.... but as far as the "wild" coming out... you guys are so wrong!!! the wild is taught... the wild is a circumstance... far more than any one would imagine. Till you raise one for yourself.... you ll never understand.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: My pet coyote Waylon... I need to chat with a Vet - 12/01/18 12:54 PM

What I believe is no matter what the wild animal owners ( other than skunk ) wild canine, will Only post the Good stuff online...when something bad happens they will not talk about it. Many have tried and been successful for a "time" then........................................
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: My pet coyote Waylon... I need to chat with a Vet - 12/01/18 01:00 PM

Medlaketrap
How long have u had ur coyote?
Posted By: wildflights

Re: My pet coyote Waylon... I need to chat with a Vet - 12/01/18 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Monster Toms
Originally Posted by Marty B

Yep mine ran a long ways and died!

First time I've ever wished for a "like" button on trapperman.

Re: My pet coyote Waylon... I need to chat with a Vet - 12/01/18 10:10 PM

TTT

Re: My pet coyote Waylon... I need to chat with a Vet - 12/01/18 10:53 PM

ive had him since this last may
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: My pet coyote Waylon... I need to chat with a Vet - 12/01/18 10:54 PM

Medlake, you say it's all in how they're raised but then say he's free range? Are you sure this isn't a neighbor's dog? Don't get me wrong, I don't care what people do with their time but most wild animals while young act alot different after than when they get a year or two under their belt.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums