Home

If they would only get this mad...

Posted By: hippie

If they would only get this mad... - 07/15/18 04:58 PM

If these people would only get this mad when they shoot one of their own. No protests to amount to anything when a child get killed by a stray bullet or drive-by shooting, but let a cop shoot one of them and all heck breaks loose.

Guess i'll never understand city folks.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fatal-police-shooting-sparks-intense-043730062.html
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: If they would only get this mad... - 07/15/18 06:08 PM

Posted By: hippie

Re: If they would only get this mad... - 07/15/18 06:34 PM

A picture is worth a thousand words Lawdog.
With the amount of shootings a year in Chicago, what makes this one so abnormal?

The way i see it, is people using the blood of them for political purposes.
Posted By: FlyinFinn

Re: If they would only get this mad... - 07/15/18 06:49 PM

I do believe these gangsters need lessons to improve accuracy and that will at least help alleviate repeat shootings.
Posted By: adam m

Re: If they would only get this mad... - 07/15/18 11:46 PM

He clearly reached for his gun while running away. Body cam is clear on this.

Re: If they would only get this mad... - 07/15/18 11:49 PM

Originally Posted By: adam m

Would you shoot a man running away from you? Would you fear prosecution by law, or ostracization from other men for shooting someone running away from you?
Posted By: GROUSEWIT

Re: If they would only get this mad... - 07/15/18 11:52 PM

Just read in paper Chitcago or Detroit is at 1071 shootings this yr so far!! Where is MSM on this?????
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: If they would only get this mad... - 07/16/18 12:21 AM

And don't forget, these are gun free zones. If I was a cop, I don't care if they have their head in a toilet, if they go for an obvious firearm that makes the perp a target.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: If they would only get this mad... - 07/16/18 12:39 AM

perp? lol

Re: If they would only get this mad... - 07/16/18 12:45 AM

Sounds to me like he got killed cause he tried to avoid being arrested for being armed. Being armed is constitutionally protected. He should have been smart enough to conceal it better I guess. How many of you reading this would go unarmed to Chicago?
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: If they would only get this mad... - 07/16/18 12:53 AM

I wouldn't go to Chicago for one thing, two , I'm all for arming/protecting ones self but if I have the police aiming at me and telling me to get down the last thing I'm gonna do is go for it unless I had a death wish.

Re: If they would only get this mad... - 07/16/18 01:01 AM

Originally Posted By: FlyinFinn
Originally Posted By: adam m

Would you shoot a man running away from you? Would you fear prosecution by law, or ostracization from other men for shooting someone running away from you?

Is this case absolutely I would fire

Here's the video

https://www.google.com/amp/www.chicagotr...-story,amp.html
Posted By: KeithC

Re: If they would only get this mad... - 07/16/18 01:14 AM

The shooting looks 100% justified to me too Adam. I think the only people who would not consider that shooting justified, are so full of hate towards police, that their judgment is impaired.

Keith

Re: If they would only get this mad... - 07/16/18 01:22 AM

I say legalize the constitution

Re: If they would only get this mad... - 07/16/18 01:26 AM

I also say he was going for that gun. at that point what else could those cops do but shoot him. its a shame the whole thing got to that point because the supremes wont make gun laws illegal
Posted By: Catch22

Re: If they would only get this mad... - 07/16/18 01:36 AM

IMO, the dude shouldn't have gone for the gun. On the flip side of the coin, it didn't look like the cops handled the situation very well that lead up to it. Both screwed the pooch!
Posted By: Getting There

Re: If they would only get this mad... - 07/16/18 01:53 AM

Originally Posted By: Catch22
IMO, the dude shouldn't have gone for the gun. On the flip side of the coin, it didn't look like the cops handled the situation very well that lead up to it. Both screwed the pooch!

catch22
How would you have handled it. Remember they thought he had a gun, that is why they confronted him.

Re: If they would only get this mad... - 07/16/18 01:55 AM

Most female police officers do not have the muscle mass, even with training, to take down, most aggressive men by themselves. There are seperate, much lower, physical standards, for women police officers. This means that without assistance, most female police officers, without going up the chain of force, are unable to arrest most aggressive men by themselves.

There are male police officers, who need assistance too.

Keth
Posted By: Catch22

Re: If they would only get this mad... - 07/16/18 02:02 AM

Originally Posted By: Getting There
Originally Posted By: Catch22

catch22
How would you have handled it. Remember they thought he had a gun, that is why they confronted him.

Well, if ya haven't committed a crime the cops have no right to lay hands on ya and get all touchy feely. Having a gun isn't a crime. They said in the news story that they wanted to ask him questions so why try and grab him. Also if you have that many cops surrounding him and can't contain him is another thing. I will say it's hard to say for sure what went down because as usual the cops only felt the need to release only video, wonder what was said.
Posted By: Osky

Re: If they would only get this mad... - 07/16/18 02:09 AM

Do they mention anywhere if the fellow who was killed was a felon or not? That may have bearing on why the guy did what he did, and what may have had the police wound even tighter.

Osky

Re: If they would only get this mad... - 07/16/18 02:11 AM

I imagine if there was audio, the video would not be allowed on Trapperman. If the guy would of just stayed calm and cooperated, he would still be alive. If he was legally carrying the gun and had cooperated, in a few minutes he would of been going on his way. Almost all people who get shot by police are at least in part, responsible for their own shooting, because of their behavior.

Keith

Re: If they would only get this mad... - 07/16/18 02:20 AM

his friends said he had a ccw but the police say that is not true.
Osky I was looking for that info too but couldn't find either way.

Re: If they would only get this mad... - 07/16/18 02:31 AM

I will reiterate the way to stay alive in close encounters with the state; flop prostrate on the ground and play possum. Do not move, do not play Simon Says. Either they will approach you to cuff or will eventually go away.

Re: If they would only get this mad... - 07/16/18 02:43 AM

I will reiterate the way to stay alive in close encounters with the state; flop prostrate on the ground and play possum. Do not move, do not play Simon Says. Either they will approach you to cuff or will eventually go away.

That would be a good way to end up in a mental ward.

Just act calm and polite and it's very unlikely you will have any trouble with police officers, that you don't deserve.

Keith

Re: If they would only get this mad... - 07/16/18 02:55 AM

If Daniel Shaver were alive he would disagree with you, Keith.

Re: If they would only get this mad... - 07/16/18 08:21 AM

Those of you saying LE wont go around confiscating firearms ought to watch that video
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: If they would only get this mad... - 07/16/18 10:10 AM

Carrying a gun in some states is illegal, at least currently on the books. Just because you don't agree with it doesn't make it legal.

I would think that permits are pretty specific on the expected conduct regarding encounters with law enforcement....????

Re: If they would only get this mad... - 07/16/18 10:18 AM

Those laws then are illegal, as the Constitution clearly lays out that our right to bear arms shall not be infringed- that the right was endowed in us by our creator. Therefore, for what little it is worth, I will stand with an armed citizen over state law always.

Re: If they would only get this mad... - 07/16/18 10:19 AM

Shall not be infringed seems like a simple concept to me.
Our constitution wasnt written for lawyers but lawyers have twisted it up horribly.

The real shame is we americans have allowed it.there is a newspaper in LA being told to remove a story about a cop in bed with drug cartels. Not be ause it isnt true but because the judge issued a gag order. First ammendment is under attack also.
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: If they would only get this mad... - 07/16/18 10:37 AM

Those laws then are illegal, as the Constitution clearly lays out that our right to bear arms shall not be infringed- that the right was endowed in us by our creator. Therefore, for what little it is worth, I will stand with an armed citizen over state law always.

So easy to type words.
Posted By: pcr2

Re: If they would only get this mad... - 07/16/18 10:42 AM

"take me to your leader". laugh

Re: If they would only get this mad... - 07/16/18 10:47 AM

But Mr.Finn how could you make an affect on illegal and immoral state law? *Swings arm smile and point like the ladies from Price Is Right* Jury Nullification. If, for your misdemeanor trial for carrying a firearm with out proper paper,your jury consists of 5 sycophantic bootlickers and me- you'll be tap dancing out the courtroom a winner.

Re: If they would only get this mad... - 07/16/18 10:49 AM

and 10,000 dollars poorer
Posted By: TrapperCarl78

Re: If they would only get this mad... - 07/16/18 10:53 AM

What do you mean by “they”? grin

Re: If they would only get this mad... - 07/16/18 10:54 AM

Originally Posted By: pcr2
and 10,000 dollars poorer

I'm no expert but I think you'd do well to find a more modestly priced lawyer.

Re: If they would only get this mad... - 07/16/18 11:08 AM

there's no i in team
© 2024 Trapperman Forums