Home

Don't eat that dog!!!

Posted By: Andrew Eastwood

Don't eat that dog!!! - 07/19/18 02:22 AM

Just seen on the TV that a load of dogs were "rescued" from certain death in South Korea. The dogs were to be slaughtered for food, but the american rescue group saved them. They were brought to the US, some ended up in KC.
I was thinking about it this way. What would I do if some people from India came and took my cows, because I was going to slaughter them for food? It may make a good story for those week minded enough to just see the cute puppy, but those dogs are someones food just like my cows.
What say the T-Man family?
Posted By: Cathouse Jim

Re: Don't eat that dog!!! - 07/19/18 02:29 AM

If someone wants to eat dog that is their prerogative, just as some eat possum and coons. I live in Beef country so I prefer Black Angus. What I find ridiculous is bringing those dogs back to the USA when the pounds are full of unwanted dogs waiting to be "humanely euthanized" by the Humane Society.
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Don't eat that dog!!! - 07/19/18 02:32 AM

Idiots !

Leave them dogs be and send them a few thousand from here
Posted By: Rat Masterson

Re: Don't eat that dog!!! - 07/19/18 02:33 AM

Marketing gimmick, just a way to raise funds.
Posted By: warrior

Re: Don't eat that dog!!! - 07/19/18 02:37 AM

Thousands spent depriving some Asians of a meal while homeless veterans starve on our streets.

As long as their priorities are in order, I guess.
Posted By: Andrew Eastwood

Re: Don't eat that dog!!! - 07/19/18 02:37 AM

I agree about having to many needing homes already here. Heck I would think as many as our shelters put down every day, we could send them over there to be utilized by others.
It just didn't set right with me that people would take food away from others just because they don't agree with what those people choose to eat. I would not eat a dog unless maybe if I were starving, but I sure wouldn't tell some one else they can't eat there own dog.
Posted By: Michigan Trappin

Re: Don't eat that dog!!! - 07/19/18 02:38 AM

Why not spend the money to rescue children being prostituted out in third world countries. Seems a lot more important to me
Posted By: Allan Minear

Re: Don't eat that dog!!! - 07/19/18 02:48 AM

Eat puppy million's of tribal members aka native Americans cant be all wrong .
Posted By: Osky

Re: Don't eat that dog!!! - 07/19/18 02:52 AM

There is a killing factory in Golde Valley Minnesota on the east side of hwy 169 where they take primarily dogs but just about everything else as well from the pounds and shelters in the upstates region for disposal. I read the numbers one time and was shocked at how many thousands per month are butchered there.
And these clowns pull this publicity stunt?

Osky
Posted By: Aaron Proffitt

Re: Don't eat that dog!!! - 07/19/18 02:52 AM

Originally Posted By: Allan Minear
Eat puppy million's of tribal members aka native Americans cant be all wrong .

We used to hear the joke, what do you call an Arapaho with two dogs ?

A rancher
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Don't eat that dog!!! - 07/19/18 02:53 AM

only if they pay full market value for the cows , I know plenty of people willing to sell them cows that they can pay full price for then thousands more to transport them to India I bet I can find a vet willing to charge for looking them over and providing a bill of health before they export.

can we be realistic for a moment , having both dogs and cats that came from the county shelter and spending some time around these things and rescue groups have a dog from one of those also , plain and simple if done right they are a business they may not make big profits but they keep people in jobs that they use to support themselves. they bill themselves as a charity and they do provide a service of a place for the sheriff to take dogs. or a place for people who have to get rid of a dog to surrender it , or if a person dies and no one in the family can take their dog it can go there and find a new home.

please keep in mind that shelters in at least much of Wisconsin are not quite the same as shelters in other places they are nearly all no kill around here , 10 years ago shelters were full up with unwanted pit bulls that they sat on for months or years , but after they got those pit bulls out the door I noticed a shift in their business model also a huge surge in private rescues that bring dogs up from the south that are at shelters that will dispatch dogs after so many days , weeks , months.

they have been preaching responsible ownership for long enough and enough breeders have taken the heat for long enough that now the shelters are running out of dogs , but they have a business model that really relies on them having dogs to sell-dopt so with US breeders being responsible and or out of business and the south running short on dogs that will sell in the north now they have moved to importing dogs with a sob story.
Korean food , having the Olympics in Korea brought the issue to the worlds attention and the didn't skip a beat on marketing a new source of dogs.

I like dogs but I don't have a problem with people raising livestock to eat and I do believe dogs are live stock , live stock we get attached to and give names but all my grandpas cows had names and came to them and knew exactly where in the barn the milked twice a day. cows and pigs can have as much personality as a dog but they aren't as cute and most people never spend much time around them to gain any attachment.

I doubt the Koreans are too broken up about people in the US buying up dogs , they are Korean what are the chances that these rescues are getting the dogs for anything less than full market value heck they are probably paying a premium , think about it if the rescue can get a dog for 50 cents a pound they might have 12-15 dollars in a dog , market it to bleeding hearts who make donations via cell phone and get paid to buy the dog at a premium price , transport the dog and a person who likely is getting paid , then quarantine with a person watching over them and getting paid to take care of them and vet bills then an adoption fee. even if they only break even it is commerce disguised as charity.

they are selling feel good.

I like dogs so I got the kids one years ago , it died of old age , so I got another it will probably die of old age in a year or two , the wife wanted a little dog so I bought her one , it happened to come from a rescue I think an old lady had it and she died I understood I paid them 250 for what the wife wanted other people think of the money as adoption money but I understand I purchased a product the wife wanted and it was less expensive used 2 years old and house broken than a new one. my daughters wanted cats , waited for free cat month (people donate money to make cats free so that they can clear out the shelter) and let them pick out cats the oldest one wanted a kitten she paid 25 dollars for it.

I understand they are a live stock product.
Posted By: SGT. C

Re: Don't eat that dog!!! - 07/19/18 03:19 AM

Their country, their rules.
When I was in S.korea. It was normal to see dogs(large dogs, not small) in cages about the size of some rabbit cages. Others in pens, all had one thing in common. They were a food source. Of course I didn't care for it. But I was a soldier in their country and that was the way things are done. Of course, I never ate any meat unless I knew exactly where it came from and I darn sure didn't eat anything grown in the ground. Fertilizer to them is human waste, piled like a compost pile. Sarge
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Don't eat that dog!!! - 07/19/18 03:36 AM

What if the Hindi's came here and told us not to eat beef? Same thing really.
Posted By: trapper les

Re: Don't eat that dog!!! - 07/19/18 03:40 AM

Some enterprising South Koreans are going to make some money on dogs now.
Posted By: trapper les

Re: Don't eat that dog!!! - 07/19/18 03:41 AM

Dogs are sacred here like cows in India .

Aint that something ?
Posted By: Boco

Re: Don't eat that dog!!! - 07/19/18 03:46 AM

Hot diggety Dog.
I like my Dogs on a bun with mustard and relish.
Posted By: Ditchdiver

Re: Don't eat that dog!!! - 07/19/18 05:45 AM

You know what happens when you eat too many dogs? You have to take a (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman)-zu!
Posted By: Ditchdiver

Re: Don't eat that dog!!! - 07/19/18 05:45 AM

A lot funnier when it's not censored!
Posted By: SGT. C

Re: Don't eat that dog!!! - 07/19/18 06:16 AM

Originally Posted By: Boco
Hot diggety Dog.
I like my Dogs on a bun with mustard and relish.

Gotta have chili on them dogs.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Don't eat that dog!!! - 07/19/18 08:54 AM

Same thing's can be said about horses.
Posted By: snowy

Re: Don't eat that dog!!! - 07/19/18 09:35 AM

Originally Posted By: Cathouse Jim
If someone wants to eat dog that is their prerogative, just as some eat possum and coons. I live in Beef country so I prefer Black Angus. What I find ridiculous is bringing those dogs back to the USA when the pounds are full of unwanted dogs waiting to be "humanely euthanized" by the Humane Society.

My feelings also.
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Don't eat that dog!!! - 07/19/18 10:17 AM

Originally Posted By: Rat Masterson
Marketing gimmick, just a way to raise funds.

Yep, just another way to play on the emotions of bunny-hugging morons and separate them from their money.
Posted By: Muskrat

Re: Don't eat that dog!!! - 07/19/18 10:41 AM

Ate quite a bit of dog that year I was in Thailand in early 70s. No big deal.

Didn't see too many strays over there, that was for certain.
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: Don't eat that dog!!! - 07/19/18 11:53 AM

When I was arriving in Pleiku, Vietnam, the buss I was on hit a dog, and never stopped. You should have seen the fight breaking out, watching out the back window. It was like a bunch of chickens, one would grab it, the next one would take it away! I grinned, my indoctrination to beautiful down town Nam! whistle grin
Posted By: Macthediver

Re: Don't eat that dog!!! - 07/19/18 12:16 PM

How come them folks aren't down in Peru saving the guinea pigs?? My younger brother was down there last summer to hike the country. Guinea Pig is a big deal there has status. They are cute..Not sure how he and his wife could eat them. LOL!

Mac
Posted By: Meathunter1978

Re: Don't eat that dog!!! - 07/19/18 12:17 PM

How can we tell another country what they can and cannot eat. Look what most Americans are stuffing into their faces. I'd rather eat a dog than most of the mystery meat coming on a bun from a fast food joint.

Re: Don't eat that dog!!! - 07/19/18 01:17 PM

It's what we Americans do really!
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Don't eat that dog!!! - 07/19/18 01:23 PM

I'd eat it. Meat is meat. Customs are customs;ah , maybe not in a cannibals village though. Ha!
Posted By: Ohio

Re: Don't eat that dog!!! - 07/19/18 01:31 PM

I have ate it. Not bad at all.
Ate horse and donkey also. Dog is better.
Posted By: west river rogue

Re: Don't eat that dog!!! - 07/19/18 01:59 PM

smelled one cooking in s.e. asia a neighbor was roasting on an open fire(coals) told me it was a pig....terrible smell

Re: Don't eat that dog!!! - 07/19/18 02:01 PM

i have eaten some musty tasting meat in asian restos...im guessing cat

Re: Don't eat that dog!!! - 07/19/18 02:01 PM

Lamb is pretty tasty (warm) but smells like gym socks when it's cooking just don't stand down wind and your OK!

Re: Don't eat that dog!!! - 07/19/18 02:02 PM

ate horse twice...it was good
Posted By: mainer

Re: Don't eat that dog!!! - 07/19/18 02:38 PM

They find good homes for those cows. Yes, those are elevators and the cow got into the one on the left.

Posted By: DuxDawg

Re: Don't eat that dog!!! - 07/19/18 06:16 PM

Originally Posted By: warrior
Thousands spent depriving some Asians of a meal while homeless veterans starve on our streets.

Yup.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums