Posted By: Newt

Re: Who is headed for church this morning? - 08/05/18 11:38 AM

Yes, time to get dressed
Posted By: Scout1

Re: Who is headed for church this morning? - 08/05/18 11:49 AM

Getting ready now
Posted By: Redsleeves

Re: Who is headed for church this morning? - 08/05/18 11:56 AM

Would be but family going on a small trip.
Praise the Lord for a beautiful day!!!
Colt
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: Who is headed for church this morning? - 08/05/18 11:58 AM

My son and I are about to leave. Service isn't until 10:00am but the praise band practices before at 8:30am.

Music selection this am is...

Posted By: warrior

Re: Who is headed for church this morning? - 08/05/18 12:02 PM

Every Sunday
Posted By: the Blak Spot

Re: Who is headed for church this morning? - 08/05/18 12:13 PM

Originally Posted By: warrior
Every Sunday

X2
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Who is headed for church this morning? - 08/05/18 12:16 PM

Yep. I am leading our elders in the laying of hands and prayer for our new associate pastor at our church. David Shields and his wife Brianna join us from Lexington, Nebraska.

Blessings.
Posted By: Michigan Trappin

Re: Who is headed for church this morning? - 08/05/18 12:18 PM

We attend on Saturday evenings, our church has one Saturday evening service and two Sunday morning services. Unless we are out of town we attend
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: Who is headed for church this morning? - 08/05/18 12:24 PM

Originally Posted By: the Blak Spot
Originally Posted By: warrior
Every Sunday

X2
x3

Re: Who is headed for church this morning? - 08/05/18 12:25 PM

Yep. Headed that way in a couple hours.
Posted By: K-zoo

Re: Who is headed for church this morning? - 08/05/18 12:42 PM

On my way in a few minutes.
Posted By: coop

Re: Who is headed for church this morning? - 08/05/18 12:53 PM

11 am... 2 miles away... congregation about 25.
Posted By: nute

Re: Who is headed for church this morning? - 08/05/18 12:57 PM

One hour to go , Better get ready. Nute
Posted By: LT GREY

Re: Who is headed for church this morning? - 08/05/18 01:04 PM

I 've noticed over the years , that a lot of members on here , as well as other trapping sites, are agnostic.

Re: Who is headed for church this morning? - 08/05/18 01:24 PM

On my way in about ten minutes.
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: Who is headed for church this morning? - 08/05/18 01:25 PM

leaving shortly, 40 mins away, not found a closer church that tells the truths of the Bible
Posted By: west river rogue

Re: Who is headed for church this morning? - 08/05/18 01:28 PM

same,,ours is 40 minutes away

Re: Who is headed for church this morning? - 08/05/18 01:30 PM

Originally Posted By: traprjohn
leaving shortly, 40 mins away, not found a closer church that tells the truths of the Bible

I would feel much better about your proclamation if you had mentioned The Spirit there.

Truth of the Bible without the Spirit is just a man's interpretation.
Posted By: Bigbrownie

Re: Who is headed for church this morning? - 08/05/18 02:02 PM

Just got home from 8:30 Mass.
Posted By: waggler

Re: Who is headed for church this morning? - 08/05/18 02:08 PM

Originally Posted By: LT GREY
I 've noticed over the years , that a lot of members on here , as well as other trapping sites, are agnostic.

That's interesting; I've had just the opposite inclination.
Posted By: la4wd54

Re: Who is headed for church this morning? - 08/05/18 02:33 PM

Yep headed there in a few. Gonna sing a solo for our "special music" today. One of my favorites How great though art.
Posted By: Broomchaser

Re: Who is headed for church this morning? - 08/05/18 03:02 PM

I asked who was going to church, not for opinions. Never could see the purpose of such posts. frown
Posted By: red mt

Re: Who is headed for church this morning? - 08/05/18 03:34 PM

Yep on my way
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: Who is headed for church this morning? - 08/05/18 04:46 PM

Just got home.....it's hotter than hades today, gonna be my day of rest!
Posted By: amspoker

Re: Who is headed for church this morning? - 08/05/18 06:27 PM

Went yesterday. wink
Posted By: warrior

Re: Who is headed for church this morning? - 08/05/18 06:52 PM

A dear friend and one our older members had an apparent stroke as he and I were at the door (usher). Fortunately we have an EMT, a couple LEOs, and some nurses in the church.
Last report has him doing better and possibly being released from the hospital as early as tomorrow.
Whatever the outcome I know that my brother in Christ will be praising God. He went through cancer and chemo and never once let it be known he was anything other than blessed by God.
Posted By: TurkeyTime

Re: Who is headed for church this morning? - 08/05/18 07:48 PM

Went
Posted By: elkaholic

Re: Who is headed for church this morning? - 08/05/18 08:00 PM

Not I
Posted By: mainer

Re: Who is headed for church this morning? - 08/05/18 08:09 PM

Originally Posted By: Broomchaser

I asked who was going to church, not for opinions. Never could see the purpose of such posts. frown

I wasn't headed for church this morning. So what exactly was the purpose of this thread?
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: Who is headed for church this morning? - 08/05/18 08:15 PM

My guess is to see who of us on here was going to Church today
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: Who is headed for church this morning? - 08/05/18 08:21 PM

Went last night to mass. We live in the middle of nowhere, so we have to share our pastor with another parish. I don’t like Saturday night church but it’s our only option. The good thing about it is we are home Sunday morning and can listen to Ravi Zacharias on BOTT radio. Love to listen to that man.
Posted By: mainer

Re: Who is headed for church this morning? - 08/05/18 08:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Yes sir
My guess is to see who of us on here was going to Church today

grin Exactly! So the next question is: Who cares, and if you do care why would you need to know?

Re: Who is headed for church this morning? - 08/05/18 08:23 PM

Originally Posted By: HobbieTrapper
Originally Posted By: traprjohn

I would feel much better about your proclamation if you had mentioned The Spirit there.

Truth of the Bible without the Spirit is just a man's interpretation.

LOL....The Spirit brings the truths out during real preaching, not watered down, feel good, motivational speaking, as most get today in a church.
The Spirit helps us accept real preaching when it steps on our toes. Sadly, real preaching hurts the feelings of many folks these days. Mainly because they are not saved and have not had good teachers.
Real preaching should step on our toes, since it is on sin.

Re: Who is headed for church this morning? - 08/05/18 08:43 PM

You mean like Jesus did to the woman at the well?

And the adulterous woman about to be stoned?

Or better yet those that mocked Him as He hung on the cross. Yeah, I like how He shouted at them that they were going to get what's coming to them when He sees them again. I love that one.
Posted By: adam m

Re: Who is headed for church this morning? - 08/05/18 08:54 PM

praying for him warrior. Thank God there were many there that knew what to do to help minimize the affects.

I wanted to go this morning but wasn't feeling well. I miss going every weekend and to many functions we have. I just listen to sermons online as I am doing now. I still have my daily time in the Word prayer worship. One day I will attended regularly again. I think I've been to maybe a dz different services over the last 2 years because of the health.

Sad part is I live maybe 1 mile away from my church

Re: Who is headed for church this morning? - 08/05/18 09:10 PM

If you are addressing me Hobbie, preaching occurs at a gathering of believers. He showed compassion and love to both of those women. As we are instructed to do too. We are to hate the sin, not the sinner. And we are all sinners.
Posted By: run

Re: Who is headed for church this morning? - 08/05/18 09:32 PM

I went to church.
Posted By: DelawareRob

Re: Who is headed for church this morning? - 08/05/18 09:35 PM

Originally Posted By: run
I went to church.

Me too.

Only time I don’t, is if my son is sick, or in the hospital. Which thankfully he hasn’t been in a while. Then I’ll listen to the sermon online.
Posted By: Claypool313

Re: Who is headed for church this morning? - 08/05/18 09:35 PM

Since you asked...nope.
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Who is headed for church this morning? - 08/05/18 09:42 PM

i was cuttin timber on the riverbottom on my family property on a foggy and silent morning.don't think i coulda felt closer to god in a church. wink

Re: Who is headed for church this morning? - 08/05/18 10:24 PM

Ain't nothing wrong with church's for those already saved. I'm sure they are growing leaps and bounds.

We only had 20 Baptized today. Probably would have been twice that if we had just stepped on their toes instead of introducing them to Jesus and letting Him work on it with them.

Re: Who is headed for church this morning? - 08/05/18 10:40 PM

God is love and God is just. Both lessons should be taught at the church house.
Posted By: DuxDawg

Re: Who is headed for church this morning? - 08/05/18 10:45 PM

We did.

https://newdaychurch.info/
Posted By: grisseldog

Re: Who is headed for church this morning? - 08/06/18 01:37 AM

I went this morning
Posted By: Tom cat

Re: Who is headed for church this morning? - 08/06/18 01:52 AM

I went today, it’s good to feel like your at home when you walk into your church.
Posted By: JakeDog

Re: Who is headed for church this morning? - 08/06/18 02:30 AM

Originally Posted By: pcr2
i was cuttin timber on the riverbottom on my family property on a foggy and silent morning.don't think i coulda felt closer to god in a church. wink

Was thinking same watching sun come out the ocean, nothing against church or church folks. Maybe my Mom dragging me there every Sunday turned me off of it all? lol - now she is Catholic (from Southern Baptist? Or maybe a Protestant?? Can't remember) and I'm still the family heathen?? Even though I have helped more folks and even "saved" a few to see Church another day my entire life. I truly believe in Jesus and God my faith is strong, I know someone out there has to be watching over my crazy butt, I just can't get into religion or BIbles? The more I live and the more I see?? that stuff was written by humans.

J
Posted By: Sask hunter

Re: Who is headed for church this morning? - 08/06/18 04:07 AM

Yep! This afternoon I did a little dog training and then checked a few nuisance beaver sets then some more dog training tonight. Been a busy day
Posted By: FL cracker in AK

Re: Who is headed for church this morning? - 08/06/18 04:28 AM

I was in two different villages on the Lower Yukon preaching today, had good services.

Re: Who is headed for church this morning? - 08/06/18 09:52 AM

love god,jaded on organized religion at the time being.

Re: Who is headed for church this morning? - 08/06/18 11:18 AM

Got a Uncle who feels much the same pcr. There should be alone time with God in our walk but we must also allow ourselves to be used. That kid that was drug to church could be sitting there thinking, "man what bs" but see you walk in the door and start thinking, "hey, I know that guy. He hunts and stuff. He believes in Jesus? Maybe There is something to this."

"Where two or more gather in My name"

Hope you have the best day ever brother!
Posted By: RM trapper

Re: Who is headed for church this morning? - 08/06/18 01:03 PM

Wouldn't miss it, but I also feel just as close to God sitting on the mountain behind the house or in a treestand hunting when I really can get that "peace" time
Posted By: Pressure9pa

Re: Who is headed for church this morning? - 08/06/18 01:28 PM

Went yesterday as (almost) always. Since we moved to the area four years ago, we're now on our third church. First one had a great minister with good sermons and thought provoking messages, but the church had no organized youth programs so my daughters weren't getting much out of it. Second was full of very good people, but lacked leadership and we saw it drifting into a social club instead of a body of worship and service. Hopefully we've found home in #3. We've been attending here for ~5 months, but the downside is that all that time has been with an interim minister.

Switching churches has never been part of our style. When we lived up north my wife and I attended the same place every week. It was a very healthy church that worshipped ~350 on an average Sunday between 3 services. Eventually I was on the board and my wife ran the youth group for a short stint. Since the move, we find ourselves closer to family, in more rewarding careers, and in a great spot for our kids. The only thing we haven't been able to replace is Sunday mornings.

Anyone else ever deal with anything similar after a move?

Re: Who is headed for church this morning? - 08/06/18 03:52 PM

don't know if the lord sent him here or what this mornin but the neighbor stopped by with our new minister.he hunts,fishes,traps a little and a vol. fireman.kinda weird and has made the mornin a thinker for sure.after they left i looked up as i often do and said out loud"you sure do work in mysterious ways"
Posted By: DuxDawg

Re: Who is headed for church this morning? - 08/06/18 05:38 PM

He shore enough does!
grin
Posted By: Pressure9pa

Re: Who is headed for church this morning? - 08/06/18 10:56 PM

Originally Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Got a Uncle who feels much the same pcr. There should be alone time with God in our walk but we must also allow ourselves to be used. That kid that was drug to church could be sitting there thinking, "man what bs" but see you walk in the door and start thinking, "hey, I know that guy. He hunts and stuff. He believes in Jesus? Maybe There is something to this."

"Where two or more gather in My name"

Hope you have the best day ever brother!

I certainly get it, and the more involved I've been in the "organizing" myself the more I appreciate the feeling. You can only negotiate the salary of the guy running the sound system or come up with a policy of who uses the fellowship hall when so many times and feel like you're truly doing His work.

What helped me one time was much along the lines of what HobbieTrapper stated. I was asked to list everyone who had a positive influence on my faith at any point in my life. Of course family, a few friends, and a couple of pastors were the first that came to mind. Then I started listing my Sunday School teachers, and then just good men that were always available for a smile, a handshake, and a few lines about high school football/basketball each Sunday morning. In retrospect, I'm sure those men were disillusioned about the direction of the church at some points as well, but they were men I very much respected, and wanted them to respect me, and they were there every Sunday. I have no idea who, if anyone, might list me in thirty years, but being on a list would be an incredible honor even without knowing about it.

I heard a retired Baptist preacher say one time that the best line he ever used to get attendees were eight simple words: "We need good men like you in church."
© 2024 Trapperman Forums