Home

Re-carpeted the boat W/Pics

Posted By: Finster

Re-carpeted the boat W/Pics - 08/05/18 11:18 PM

Ever have one of those projects you don't want to do? I finally got the boat uncovered mid July and while I intended to just ignore the condition and fish it one more summer before an overhaul, It had more moss than carpet and was just to "Getto". So I gutted it. The lower deck I replaced with aluminum sheet years ago and this time I also replaced the upper deck with aluminum sheet. I'll never have to replace the decking again. It also had teak trim on the stern that would need sanded, oiled and played with every spring so I also took that out and replaced it with plastic deck board. That should be the end of it. A few things left to do and I have to install the new fish finder tomorrow. I hope to be on Erie Wednesday. Anyway, here's some pics.

Posted By: Jim Frazier

Re: Re-carpeted the boat W/Pics - 08/06/18 12:15 AM

Looks good !!!
Posted By: jbyrd63

Re: Re-carpeted the boat W/Pics - 08/06/18 12:42 AM

dang good job
Posted By: BernieB.

Re: Re-carpeted the boat W/Pics - 08/06/18 12:44 AM

Very nice. I have done quite a few of them and it's really hard work and not easy to get it looking really like new. You did great!
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Re-carpeted the boat W/Pics - 08/06/18 12:56 AM

Looks pretty good to me. Next year you can drop that'd stinky outboard and bolt on a nice 4 stroke to make it perfect.
Posted By: warrior

Re: Re-carpeted the boat W/Pics - 08/06/18 12:58 AM

Nice but I'm a no carpet in the boat catfisherman.

Re: Re-carpeted the boat W/Pics - 08/06/18 01:38 AM

Originally Posted By: Scuba1
Looks pretty good to me. Next year you can drop that'd stinky outboard and bolt on a nice 4 stroke to make it perfect.
Wish I had the money.... Believe me! However, that old 90hp will push that boat 35mph GPS speed when it's just me with no gear or cooler. Loaded down with gear and fat men, I'm looking at around 30 mph planed out on glass. Still not to bad though.
Posted By: Tom cat

Re: Re-carpeted the boat W/Pics - 08/06/18 01:43 AM

Nice !!
Posted By: Furvor

Re: Re-carpeted the boat W/Pics - 08/06/18 01:49 AM

Quote:
Re-carpeted the boat W/Pic

I was looking for girly pictures on the floor of your boat.

Re: Re-carpeted the boat W/Pics - 08/06/18 01:50 AM

Just a little tip for people doing this. If you have a metal deck, a pressure washer does a good job of stripping old glue and rubber from the old carpet.

Re: Re-carpeted the boat W/Pics - 08/06/18 01:51 AM

Originally Posted By: Furvor
Quote:
Re-carpeted the boat W/Pic

I was looking for girly pictures on the floor of your boat.

They are on the windshield. It helps me drive faster. wink
Posted By: gutthooked

Re: Re-carpeted the boat W/Pics - 08/06/18 02:28 AM

Make sure you clean out the bilge to get that old glue out of there. You don't want to find out the hard way it's plugged up.

Them walleye have been biting good up erie.

Re: Re-carpeted the boat W/Pics - 08/06/18 02:33 AM

Originally Posted By: gutthooked
Make sure you clean out the bilge to get that old glue out of there. You don't want to find out the hard way it's plugged up.

Them walleye have been biting good up erie.
Yup, thought of that today and got out the shop vac. I'll be filling up the bilge with the hose to flush it out also. Thanks though.
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: Re-carpeted the boat W/Pics - 08/06/18 11:28 AM

My boat is in need of that very thing, what is your rate? lol
© 2024 Trapperman Forums