Home

Side by side windshield?

Posted By: yoteguts

Side by side windshield? - 08/09/18 11:06 PM

How durable is the hard poly coat windshields? Scratch bad? Looking at a seizmik vented or folding windshield. Do they fog up bad in the winter?
Thanks.
Posted By: swampstomper

Re: Side by side windshield? - 08/10/18 12:19 AM

I have a fold up on my mule and it does fog up some time. But the biggest problem is that it iced up if I left it outside in freezing temperatures. And it ain't got no defroster.Also driving in hard rain you can't see out of it.but it is nice in cold weather.those small propane gas heaters will help keep you warm and help keep the windshield from fogging up.
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: Side by side windshield? - 08/10/18 12:37 AM

go with glass you wont be sorry
Posted By: Willy Firewood

Re: Side by side windshield? - 08/10/18 12:42 AM

I have an old Mule with the polycarbonate windshield. It is all tiny scratches and with sun at an angle there is no seeing thru it. Go with glass or no windshield. I would like to replace this with glass.
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: Side by side windshield? - 08/10/18 02:09 AM

I have a poly. It's workable if u don't want to spend too much money for a windshield. I use rain X on mine to help see when it's raining and to keep it from fogging up.
Posted By: Ruger 61

Re: Side by side windshield? - 08/10/18 03:25 AM

Get the glass you won't regret it.
Posted By: trapdye

Re: Side by side windshield? - 08/10/18 09:38 AM

My 04 Ranger has poly rear & glass front , poly has scratches. Go with glass
Posted By: bulldozerjoe

Re: Side by side windshield? - 08/10/18 09:50 AM

Glass
Posted By: paloduro

Re: Side by side windshield? - 08/10/18 01:03 PM

Spend the extra for glass
Posted By: Michael Morris

Re: Side by side windshield? - 08/10/18 01:33 PM

My pos ranger 800 has a fold up poly windshield, it's about one of the only good qualities my ranger has. I really like being abel to flip it up on hot days and closes it on cold or rainy days.
Posted By: Spek Jones

Re: Side by side windshield? - 08/10/18 03:15 PM

The polycarbonate windshields are tough. Everybody around here use's them, I only know of one here that has a glass windshield and I know it has been broken at least once. If you are running in brushy country, or if you turn your S X S over you will likely bust out a glass windshield.
Some of us have windshield wipers, don't use them if you have mud or grit on the windshield or they will scratch the poly, but as long as the poly is clean there is no problem and the wipers are well worth having in snow or rain. If your windshield gets muddy don't wipe the mud off with a rag or paper towel, rinse it off with water. You'll still end up with some small scratches in it over time, but that is not an issue to me.
As far as fogging up, the poly is about the same as glass.
I'd say it depends on how hard you are running them. If you are in rough terrain go with poly, if you're more of a flat lander go with glass.
Posted By: DaYooper14

Re: Side by side windshield? - 08/10/18 03:18 PM

If you do a lot of traveling with it on a trailer from point a to point b I would say go with poly. if not, go with glass.

Re: Side by side windshield? - 08/10/18 09:52 PM

Flat land here. The only glass windshield I’ve found so far is at the dealer and they want 1000.00 for it. My machine is a 2018 Polaris 570 midsize. Any ideas were a guy could find an after market glass windshield?

Re: Side by side windshield? - 08/10/18 10:08 PM

Found one from bad dawg for 499.00. Much better. Thanks for the info guys.
Posted By: Farm Manager

Re: Side by side windshield? - 08/10/18 11:44 PM

Go to a glass compay and have one cut. I had a Lexan windshield cut for my Mule, they radiused the corners and sanded the edges for something like $125. The Lexan has scratched with time but for the money I can get another and still be less than a factory replacement (if I could find one). I will be looking into having a glass cut for it pretty soon. Some of the glass products are extremely tough.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums