Home

Public pools

Posted By: AntiGov

Public pools - 08/10/18 01:32 AM

that's right , 8 gallons .............

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucelee/20...-swimming-pool/
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Public pools - 08/10/18 01:34 AM

8 gallons of chlorine will offset that pee...
We took the Grandkids to Omaha and stayed at a motel with a pool.. Couldn't see the bottom of the 3 foot deep pool and my eyes were burning 10' from the water!

Re: Public pools - 08/10/18 01:40 AM

One study I read says the chlorine you think you smell is the acid in the urine reacting with the chlorine not the chlorine. So the stronger the smell the less safe you should feel .

And the eye burn is also the urine

Also the chlorine does not erase the urine , it is still in the pool .........lol

Re: Public pools - 08/10/18 01:47 AM

My wife gives me the eye roll every time I remind her of this .......lol

I always tell her when she calls to reserve a room at a hotel to tell them to leave the bath water in the tub from the previous guest ... grin
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Public pools - 08/10/18 03:14 AM

Don't tell her about the Baby Ruth then!

Re: Public pools - 08/10/18 03:30 AM

Lol
Posted By: Boco

Re: Public pools - 08/10/18 03:42 AM

Time to get out when you see the brown trout in the pool.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Public pools - 08/10/18 05:07 AM

a 20x30 small hotel pool average of 4 feet deep is about 18,000 gallons that makes 0.0004 of each gallon pee.

they could put that much pee in your coke and not have to tell you about it.
Posted By: KenaiKid

Re: Public pools - 08/10/18 06:47 AM

I didn’t know trapping and germophobia could go together.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Public pools - 08/10/18 08:54 AM

plenty of reservoirs ponds and rivers near me. I mostly just swim in and drink fish and livestock pee

Re: Public pools - 08/10/18 10:03 AM

seems harmless to me. I learned to swim in a farm pond that was mostly cow pee, and swallowed my fair share of it.
Posted By: M.Magis

Re: Public pools - 08/10/18 10:27 AM

Originally Posted By: AntiGov
One study I read says the chlorine you think you smell is the acid in the urine reacting with the chlorine not the chlorine. So the stronger the smell the less safe you should feel .

And the eye burn is also the urine

Also the chlorine does not erase the urine , it is still in the pool .........lol

This may shock some, but not all “studies” you find on the internet are true.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Public pools - 08/10/18 10:39 AM

NO WAY! If its on the internet it has to be true!
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Public pools - 08/10/18 10:44 AM

alwAys liked the sign......we don't swim in your toilet so hows about you don't pee in our pool.
Posted By: Diggerman

Re: Public pools - 08/10/18 10:44 AM

Originally Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE
a 20x30 small hotel pool average of 4 feet deep is about 18,000 gallons that makes 0.0004 of each gallon pee.

they could put that much pee in your coke and not have to tell you about it.

You just ruined Coke for the Trapperman germaphobes.
Posted By: EdP

Re: Public pools - 08/10/18 12:04 PM

Quote:
One study I read says the chlorine you think you smell is the acid in the urine reacting with the chlorine not the chlorine.

I want to know who peed in my chlorine bottle. AntiGov, I don't doubt you read that in a study, but it is absurd.

Re: Public pools - 08/10/18 01:12 PM

Had a infected cut on my finger a few weeks ago and soaked it in a bucket of bleach must of used too much bleach as it ate the hair off of the hand up to the knuckles looked like I had a wood fire accident. frown
Posted By: FlyinFinn

Re: Public pools - 08/10/18 01:34 PM

Urine is mostly harmless.

Re: Public pools - 08/10/18 01:48 PM

True urine from a un-diseased kidney is sterile read a story by Chapstick of a spitting cobra that spit in the eyes of a guide and the other guide helped his out on the spot!
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Public pools - 08/10/18 02:31 PM

Urine is sterile Until....it comes out of the body.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Public pools - 08/10/18 02:35 PM

Originally Posted By: KenaiKid
well it does! So now you know. There is a "Trapping only" board if that's what you want.

Re: Public pools - 08/10/18 02:40 PM

People having been peeing in pools since the beginning of time.you don't have to believe the study but it won't change the truth. Lol
Posted By: Catch22

Re: Public pools - 08/10/18 02:41 PM

Originally Posted By: AntiGov
People having been peering in pools since the beginning of time.you don't have to believe the study but it won't change the truth. Lol

If you hold your nose when you go under it protects you from pee cooties. grin

Re: Public pools - 08/10/18 02:43 PM

We haven't even discussed the crack gravy. Wrap that around your head. I bet you deniers think about it next time you jump in a pool . grin
Posted By: Hornytoad1

Re: Public pools - 08/10/18 02:54 PM

I don't get it. You're afraid of pee in the pool but if you get stung by a jellyfish I'm supposed to pee on you.?.?.? crazy

Re: Public pools - 08/10/18 02:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Hornytoad1
I don't get it. You're afraid of pee in the pool but if you get stung by a jellyfish I'm supposed to pee on you.?.?.? crazy

Some folks out there would pay you good money for that, Cali comes to mind! crazy

Re: Public pools - 08/10/18 03:06 PM

I cleaned pools from 90-96, drove across the boarder in to northern ILL and cleaned pools , many of them rather well funded folks but we had our share of large apartment complexes.

if you think a little urine is the worst thing happening in a pool you might want to just avoid pools all together.

Re: Public pools - 08/10/18 03:13 PM

So you don't swim in them either? grin

Re: Public pools - 08/10/18 03:23 PM

I do swim in them, you should see what you find in lakes.

but I shower off when done.
Posted By: Catch22

Re: Public pools - 08/10/18 03:26 PM

Just find a deep hole in the John Day and swim with the fish pee Gov. grin

Re: Public pools - 08/10/18 03:27 PM

I'll swim in fish and cow pee at the river .

Humans are nasty creatures

Re: Public pools - 08/10/18 03:31 PM

You beat me to it Catch. The John Day is my favorite
Posted By: WHSKR

Re: Public pools - 08/10/18 03:47 PM

Anti gov “Crack Gravy” that might be the funniest thing I have ever read my ribs hurt. Good one think I will just sit and watch others swim in the gravy.
Posted By: WHSKR

Re: Public pools - 08/10/18 03:51 PM

We drink chlorine
We sanitize with chlorine
Chlorine kills my shiner minnows
Chlorine gas and it’s lights out
But we carry our drinking water in PVC
Not real sure we should be drinking the same thing we use to disinfect the “Crack Gravy” hmmm?
Posted By: Zim

Re: Public pools - 08/10/18 04:04 PM

Folks have told me that I pee'd in the punch bowl every now and again.

Zim

Re: Public pools - 08/10/18 05:15 PM

Y'all can thank me later grin

Re: Public pools - 08/10/18 05:21 PM

Originally Posted By: WHSKR
Anti gov “Crack Gravy” that might be the funniest thing I have ever read my ribs hurt. Good one think I will just sit and watch others swim in the gravy.

Nut butter is another concern...

Re: Public pools - 08/10/18 05:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Law Dog
Had a infected cut on my finger a few weeks ago and soaked it in a bucket of bleach must of used too much bleach as it ate the hair off of the hand up to the knuckles looked like I had a wood fire accident. frown

Skunk quill may do the trick too.
Posted By: DuxDawg

Re: Public pools - 08/10/18 05:42 PM

Originally Posted By: KenaiKid

Boom! lol

Re: Public pools - 08/10/18 06:03 PM

Had a OCD germophobic guy we worked with spent his whole life thinking he was fooling the world he did not have OCD found ways for others to touch stuff for him and lied about everything. He would toss a pop bottle at the trash and if it missed he would recoil back like it was a snake coming at him and ask other to put it in the trash for him since it touched the trash can. Never had a trash can in his office and freaked out if he seen any trash laying around.

I like to get him going so I'd talk about trapping and he would squirm in place. I once was explaining to a guy about saving yote glands and how to go about it. I told the guy after I gland a bunch of yotes I be in the house later thinking about cookies and milk but my hands stunk (never mentioned the latex gloves) so I told him after a while I'd just dunk the cookies anyways and he shot out the door shaking his head.

One time he was counting "Stripper money" and when he found out where it came from it went flying into the air! LOL
Posted By: M.Magis

Re: Public pools - 08/10/18 06:45 PM

Originally Posted By: Law Dog
Had a OCD germophobic guy we worked with spent his whole life thinking he was fooling the world he did not have OCD found ways for others to touch stuff for him and lied about everything. He would toss a pop bottle at the trash and if it missed he would recoil back like it was a snake coming at him and ask other to put it in the trash for him since it touched the trash can. Never had a trash can in his office and freaked out if he seen any trash laying around.

I like to get him going so I'd talk about trapping and he would squirm in place. I once was explaining to a guy about saving yote glands and how to go about it. I told the guy after I gland a bunch of yotes I be in the house later thinking about cookies and milk but my hands stunk (never mentioned the latex gloves) so I told him after a while I'd just dunk the cookies anyways and he shot out the door shaking his head.

One time he was counting "Stripper money" and when he found out where it came from it went flying into the air! LOL

Bet he's a big hit with the ladies...
Posted By: EdP

Re: Public pools - 08/10/18 08:30 PM

I don't doubt for a second there is pee in pools, but that's not why you can smell the chlorine. Put some well water in a drinking glass and add chlorine. You can smell the chlorine without also peeing in the glass.
Posted By: chas3457

Re: Public pools - 08/10/18 09:16 PM

Never trust a cook that cooks carrots, and pees in the same pot. whistle

Charlie
© 2024 Trapperman Forums