Home

Moles

Posted By: AJE

Moles - 08/11/18 11:11 AM

Every year I trap the crap out of moles in my yard. I go aggressive: 9 traps out now. Medium sized yard, mostly surrounded by woods. I was thinking I finally had 'em under control, as I didn't see my 1st mole sign til ~July 10. Now, in the past 30 days, I've trapped 8. I guess I'll just keep at it. I like the old vertical spike style trap, where the sharp spikes drop from above. The current ones like that on the market aren't much good...not enough spring tension (probably from product liability).
Some have succes with poison, but I guess I like to see them dead in my trap.

Part of my point is that I trap 'em hard every year, and the next year it's like, "where'd they all come from!"
Posted By: Michigan Trappin

Re: Moles - 08/11/18 11:20 AM

The woods
Posted By: pick65

Re: Moles - 08/11/18 11:43 AM

Their MOTHERS!
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Moles - 08/11/18 01:25 PM

Their mothers in the Woods. Haha! For all damage control jobs I use Victor Out of sight mole traps. Jaws are underground.They just work well for me!
Posted By: Bob Jameson

Re: Moles - 08/11/18 01:33 PM

Year before last I trapped 167 moles out of our lawn which is quite large in two months time approx. Our fringe woods area is the nursery area for them and you will need to keep on trapping them forever in many cases. I have caught hundreds more then I can recall in the last 25 years. I have caught 17 moles out of one trap over a weeks time. Some days I caught 3 in a day. Talk about a good location.

Maintenance mole trapping is needed in many domestic locations due to the moles constant migration. Also once they intersect the existing tunnel networks left by the previous moles their advancements are very fast. Thus allowing them to continue their own tunnel network foraging for grubs and worms.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums