Home

Silent Sam

Posted By: Slewfoot

Silent Sam - 08/21/18 12:15 PM

Police in Chapel Hill nc stood and watched as a bunch of kids tore down another confederate statue. I am sick of seeing this kind of stuff. If it were the other way around you would be put in jail for a hate crime. Its time normal folks start standing up for ourselves or its only going to get worse. I called two police depts the Chapel hill police and campus police and neither one would give me a answer as to why this was allowed to happen.
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Silent Sam - 08/21/18 12:17 PM

read "lets go",this story and the idiot that killed his kids are a sad view of us.
Posted By: Marty

Re: Silent Sam - 08/21/18 12:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Slewfoot
Police in Chapel Hill nc stood and watched as a bunch of kids tore down another confederate statue. I am sick of seeing this kind of stuff. If it were the other way around you would be put in jail for a hate crime. Its time normal folks start standing up for ourselves or its only going to get worse. I called two police depts the Chapel hill police and campus police and neither one would give me a answer as to why this was allowed to happen.

Yup.
Posted By: Tom cat

Re: Silent Sam - 08/21/18 12:33 PM

IMO, if we try to erase history it will repeat itself, and those that want to erase it may have to relive it.

I could be dead wrong, but I don’t think I am.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Silent Sam - 08/21/18 12:37 PM

I don't believe they are trying to erase history. They just want some parts of our history to quit being glorified.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Silent Sam - 08/21/18 12:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Tom cat
IMO, if we try to erase history it will repeat itself, and those that want to erase it may have to relive it.

This is Truth

Re: Silent Sam - 08/21/18 01:00 PM

Our country would be a much different place if our ancestors had not brought africans here as slaves
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Silent Sam - 08/21/18 01:30 PM

but we did
Posted By: Osky

Re: Silent Sam - 08/21/18 01:32 PM

Originally Posted By: danny clifton
I don't believe they are trying to erase history. They just want some parts of our history to quit being glorified.

You have confused me with this Danny.

Osky
Posted By: Catch22

Re: Silent Sam - 08/21/18 01:42 PM

Being the main founder of the college was a slave owner, why are they not tearing up everything on campus. Kinda ironic.
Posted By: FlyinFinn

Re: Silent Sam - 08/21/18 01:47 PM

An endearing quality of a statue is it's permanence. If a gaggle of limp wristed leftist teens can pull it down with their toyota Prius it really wasn't that great of a statue anyway.

Re: Silent Sam - 08/21/18 01:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Catch22
Being the main founder of the college was a slave owner, why are they not tearing up everything on campus. Kinda ironic.

X2

Re: Silent Sam - 08/21/18 02:00 PM

Okay so taking down the confederate battle jack off of the capital building in comlubia first , then it was moved to confederate park, now it’s gone from confederate park.

So that’s not trying to erase it???

Re: Silent Sam - 08/21/18 02:01 PM

Originally Posted By: FlyinFinn
An endearing quality of a statue is it's permanence. If a gaggle of limp wristed leftist teens can pull it down with their toyota Prius it really wasn't that great of a statue anyway.

Being that it had been there since 1913, it may have been a little loose. Just saying.

Re: Silent Sam - 08/21/18 02:12 PM

Those that have strong positive feelings about the Confederate war veterans will have to re commemorate them with a new and Prius proof statue.

Re: Silent Sam - 08/21/18 02:14 PM

Those that have strong positive feelings about the Confederate war veterans will have to re commemorate them with a new and Prius proof statue.

Very true!!!
Posted By: skippyturtle

Re: Silent Sam - 08/21/18 03:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Tom cat

I believe that time is not far off in our future.

Re: Silent Sam - 08/21/18 04:05 PM

Same here skippy.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Silent Sam - 08/21/18 04:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Slewfoot

Just typical violent reactionary animalistic behavior from the left. It's the only way animals with limited brain power know how to behave, but make no mistake, it's not a show of hate!
Posted By: Rye

Re: Silent Sam - 08/21/18 06:33 PM

I wonder if those students understand where the term "Tar Heel" comes from?

Re: Silent Sam - 08/21/18 08:16 PM

Where does it come from?
Posted By: Boco

Re: Silent Sam - 08/22/18 12:56 AM

They push the envelope and if nobody stands up to them to protect what they say they care about,it looks like no one really cares about it.
If anyone really cared about those monuments they would not allow those people to wreck them.
If some a-holes were trying to take the tires off my truck in my driveway they would not have a free reign to do it.
From what I can see these are younger people doing this vandalism.There doesn't seem to be any young people on the other side who care,and older people have too much to lose to want to take a stand,and expect the law to do it for them.
The same type of stuff is going on here.The Indians tore down a statue of some English colonial governor that paid for scalps back in the day.Nobody really cared.

Re: Silent Sam - 08/22/18 01:03 AM

Originally Posted By: Boco
They push the envelope and if nobody stands up to them to protect what they say they care about,it looks like no one really cares about it.
If anyone really cared about those monuments they would not allow those people to wreck them.
If some a-holes were trying to take the tires off my truck in my driveway they would not have a free reign to do it.
From what I can see these are younger people doing this vandalism.There doesn't seem to be any young people on the other side who care,and older people have too much to lose to want to take a stand,and expect the law to do it for them.
The same type of bs is going on here.The Indians tore down a statue of some English colonial governor that paid for scalps back in the day.Nobody really cared.

Your dern close boco. Well said.

Re: Silent Sam - 08/22/18 01:07 AM

Where does it come from?

It comes from the civil war, it was a derogatory term used by the yankee soldiers against the rebel soldiers, because the rebels held their lines as if they had tar stuck to their heals.
Posted By: Rye

Re: Silent Sam - 08/22/18 03:11 PM

Where does it come from?

It was originally a derogatory term for those that worked in the naval stores and ended up with Tar on their boots. It was applied to both white and blacks that worked in these areas. During the Civil War it morphed into a term of pride. Rebel Soldiers were said to have stood their ground on the battlefield as if their boots were stuck in tar. Ever since then it's been a point of pride that North Carolinians don't run from a fight. I find great irony that these kids were so offended by a statue yet chose to attend and fund a school that is steeped in Civil War History.
Posted By: jbyrd63

Re: Silent Sam - 08/22/18 03:28 PM

Our country would be a much different place if our ancestors had not brought africans here as slaves

LOL Hey Danny dig into the beginning of slave trade. WHO was the ones supply the product. ( not calling any race to belittle them) It was African tribes capturing other tribes and trading them for goods to explorers.....

Re: Silent Sam - 08/22/18 04:12 PM

Originally Posted By: jbyrd63

LOL Hey Danny dig into the beginning of slave trade. WHO was the ones supply the product. ( not calling any race to belittle them) It was African tribes capturing other tribes and trading them for goods to explorers.....

This is truth.
Posted By: Ray B

Re: Silent Sam - 08/23/18 10:10 PM

UNC promises to prosecute topplers of Confederate war memorial statue

https://www.thecollegefix.com/post/48165/

It’s not our fault police did nothing

“We do not support lawlessness.”

The University of North Carolina is promising to “use the full breadth of state and University processes to hold those responsible accountable” for toppling the “Silent Sam” statue Monday night.

Protesters at the destruction of the Confederate war memorial included students and professors, according to news reports.

They had been agitating for its destruction for years, but grew especially incensed after the administration said it couldn’t remove the 105-year-old statue because of state law. A letter claiming to represent 17 UNC professors threatened to remove the statue themselves this winter.

UNC leaders released an evasive statement to the community Tuesday denying that the administration “direct[ed] the officers to allow protesters to topple the monument.”

It did not deny, however, that it issued general directions for campus police to leave alone the protesters as they plotted how to tear down the statue.
he Daily Tar Heel reported the group of about 300 protesters hung banners around the statue, with no intervention by police, to hide the “ropes” they would soon use to yank hard and tear it down.

The statement by Chancellor Carol Folt, Board of Governors Chair Harry Smith, UNC System President Margaret Spellings and UNC-Chapel Hill Board Chair Haywood Cochrane claims they relied on “the experience and judgment of law enforcement to make decisions on the ground, keeping safety as the top priority.”

They sought to pass the buck from their own students and faculty by claiming the “rally” was “unlike any previous event on our campus,” with “a number of people unaffiliated” with UNC and “highly organized.”

Protesters “do not have the right to damage state property,” however, and the State Bureau of Investigation has agreed to help the police “fully investigate the incident.”

The leaders claimed they “will never condone mob actions.”
Posted By: Catch22

Re: Silent Sam - 08/23/18 10:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Ray B
UNC promises to prosecute topplers of Confederate war memorial statue

https://www.thecollegefix.com/post/48165/

It’s not our fault police did nothing

“We do not support lawlessness.”

The University of North Carolina is promising to “use the full breadth of state and University processes to hold those responsible accountable” for toppling the “Silent Sam” statue Monday night.

Protesters at the destruction of the Confederate war memorial included students and professors, according to news reports.

They had been agitating for its destruction for years, but grew especially incensed after the administration said it couldn’t remove the 105-year-old statue because of state law. A letter claiming to represent 17 UNC professors threatened to remove the statue themselves this winter.

UNC leaders released an evasive statement to the community Tuesday denying that the administration “direct[ed] the officers to allow protesters to topple the monument.”

It did not deny, however, that it issued general directions for campus police to leave alone the protesters as they plotted how to tear down the statue.
he Daily Tar Heel reported the group of about 300 protesters hung banners around the statue, with no intervention by police, to hide the “ropes” they would soon use to yank hard and tear it down.

The statement by Chancellor Carol Folt, Board of Governors Chair Harry Smith, UNC System President Margaret Spellings and UNC-Chapel Hill Board Chair Haywood Cochrane claims they relied on “the experience and judgment of law enforcement to make decisions on the ground, keeping safety as the top priority.”

They sought to pass the buck from their own students and faculty by claiming the “rally” was “unlike any previous event on our campus,” with “a number of people unaffiliated” with UNC and “highly organized.”

Protesters “do not have the right to damage state property,” however, and the State Bureau of Investigation has agreed to help the police “fully investigate the incident.”

Translation; Nothing to see here, move along and forget about it.
Posted By: mnsota

Re: Silent Sam - 08/23/18 11:03 PM

Leaders?,..who are these leaders?
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Silent Sam - 08/24/18 09:31 PM

They started arresting them today, surprisingly....

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/crime/article217276705.html

Re: Silent Sam - 08/24/18 10:17 PM

good
© 2024 Trapperman Forums