Home

A few football Pics from last night

Posted By: bic

A few football Pics from last night - 08/25/18 03:04 PM

We won 46-0. (Blue and Gold Uniforms). My son (#77) was matched up against a senior that was 6'-3" and 276# and was expected to have a big night.
He didn't, as Colt controlled him all night. Obviously, I'm a proud papa.

Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Re: A few football Pics from last night - 08/25/18 03:44 PM

Which school does he play for?

Re: A few football Pics from last night - 08/25/18 03:54 PM

Glendale Vikings in Pa.
Posted By: Savell

Re: A few football Pics from last night - 08/25/18 04:35 PM

Hel yeah ....looks like Brian Bosworth ...he ought to grow a mullet and play linebacker!
Posted By: Diggerman

Re: A few football Pics from last night - 08/25/18 04:39 PM

Appears to have good technique.
Posted By: Pasadena

Re: A few football Pics from last night - 08/25/18 04:53 PM

Just wait till he starts to fill out his junior and senior years.

Re: A few football Pics from last night - 08/25/18 05:04 PM

Yeah, at 15 he still is a kid.
Posted By: Michigan Trappin

Re: A few football Pics from last night - 08/25/18 05:34 PM

Good deal. I loved watching my son play
Posted By: Chuckles84

Re: A few football Pics from last night - 08/25/18 07:09 PM

Some people like to watch quarterbacks, recievers and running backs. Not me football is played by linemen the men in the trenches.
I was 130 pound soaking wet when I played in high school. I loved playing nose gaurd and offensive gaurd.

Looks like he has a successful future ahead of him.
Posted By: Osky

Re: A few football Pics from last night - 08/25/18 09:27 PM

A little more work in the weight room maybe, a bit slender in the arms maybe some toning. He sure is a strapping young man, how is his speed and agility? Fine figure of a young man, you darn well should be proud.

Osky
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: A few football Pics from last night - 08/25/18 09:32 PM

Good looking player there bic. Hopefully he will develop enough to get a scholarship here in SEC country. If not I reckon he could settle fer Penn State or one of those other Big 10 teams. wink
Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Re: A few football Pics from last night - 08/25/18 09:40 PM

Did you have another son play football at this school in the past or maybe he is the same person? I remember several years ago you posted something about sports at this school. I mentioned I once had an interview for a educator position at this school and the high school overlooked a state park with a lake.

Re: A few football Pics from last night - 08/25/18 09:52 PM

Grandpa Trapper. Your memory is correct. This is my third and last son to play football at this High school.
Posted By: snowy

Re: A few football Pics from last night - 08/25/18 10:48 PM

Maybe he will be a Steeler.
Posted By: grousehunter

Re: A few football Pics from last night - 08/26/18 12:13 AM

They playing moshannon Valley this year?

Re: A few football Pics from last night - 08/26/18 02:06 AM

Originally Posted By: grousehunter

Yes. We play them every year. That's our biggest rival. We play them on October 5th.

Re: A few football Pics from last night - 08/26/18 02:08 AM

Originally Posted By: snowy

We don't talk about goals that far down the road. All it does is creates un-needed pressure. Right now it all about being the best High school player that he can be. The rest will take care of it's self. And above all else, have Fun.
Posted By: MINK I LOVE

Re: A few football Pics from last night - 08/26/18 02:15 AM

What is the Tradition of your High School Football Program. Lot of kids on the Varsity team?, and do you Make it to the Play-offs often?
Posted By: grousehunter

Re: A few football Pics from last night - 08/26/18 03:15 AM

Originally Posted By: bic
Originally Posted By: grousehunter

Yes. We play them every year. That's our biggest rival. We play them on October 5th.

Okay. I played jv for moshannon Valley. I had heard that the two schools took a break from playing each other for a while. It didn't make sense because they are big rivals haha. Good luck to your boy.
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: A few football Pics from last night - 08/26/18 03:35 AM

Nice !!
Posted By: MT bowhunter

Re: A few football Pics from last night - 08/26/18 03:48 AM

Good looking kid. I have a fondness for 77. I wore it as an middle linebacker in college.
Best of luck this season.

Re: A few football Pics from last night - 08/26/18 01:36 PM

Originally Posted By: MINK I LOVE
What is the Tradition of your High School Football Program. Lot of kids on the Varsity team?, and do you Make it to the Play-offs often?

Traditionally Our team sucks. This is the year that we expect to change that trend. We do have several larger classification schools on our schedule that is will be hard to compete with. The coaches and players expect to make the play off this year. time will tell.

Re: A few football Pics from last night - 08/26/18 02:37 PM

Originally Posted By: snowy

We don't talk about goals that far down the road. All it does is creates un-needed pressure. Right now it all about being the best High school player that he can be. The rest will take care of it's self. And above all else, have Fun.

Bic, it’s really not that far down the road. I’m sure he will get looks from colleges, being as big as he is. How are his grades? Does he want to take his playing career to the next level? Having a next level playing goal is not necessarily a bad thing. Look at any big college/NFL lineman. What is the common denominator? They’re all big guys. So being all big guys there has to be something that sets them apart from other lineman. Ability and how bad do they want it. Are they willing to work that much harder than the next guy and put in the extra effort it takes to get noticed at the next level.

Re: A few football Pics from last night - 08/26/18 04:52 PM

Pasadena, You are correct. He gets really good grades in school and takes advanced classes. HE has to decide if he wants to play college ball and at what level. He also has to decide if he is willing to take on that type of commitment. Ultimately, it will be his brain that pays his bills, not football.
Posted By: odiferous

Re: A few football Pics from last night - 08/26/18 05:03 PM

Great pictures, thanks. Tell colt I said good job and give him a pat on the back for me.
Posted By: gryhkl

Re: A few football Pics from last night - 08/26/18 05:27 PM

Pasadena, You are correct. He gets really good grades in school and takes advanced classes. HE has to decide if he wants to play college ball and at what level. He also has to decide if he is willing to take on that type of commitment. Ultimately, it will be his brain that pays his bills, not football.

Good approach to it, bic.

Re: A few football Pics from last night - 08/26/18 08:06 PM

That is great that he has the grades. If he wants to continue to the next level, with brains and big stature and talent he can write his own ticket to where he wants to go to college. Let the brains and build pay his way through. wink
My nieces boyfriend let his brains and build help him through college, he is a Senior/DE for Harvard.
Posted By: Sheepdog1

Re: A few football Pics from last night - 08/26/18 09:22 PM

He, is using superb technique. He had to of stuck with it beyond these two pictures as the score indicates his opponent nor anyone else on the other team was having much success defensively. When he hits his Junior year and the muscle starts really growing on that frame the sky is the limit to his potential
Posted By: MINK I LOVE

Re: A few football Pics from last night - 08/26/18 09:39 PM

Originally Posted By: MINK I LOVE

Traditionally Our team sucks. This is the year that we expect to change that trend. We do have several larger classification schools on our schedule that is will be hard to compete with. The coaches and players expect to make the play off this year. time will tell.

I hope it is your year. Your son looks well put together and so young yet!!! I am a High School Football Fanatic myself. Friday Nite Lights is the Best. With 5 Daughters have never had one out for Football but have only missed 1 Friday Nite Game in the last 23 Years. Best of luck to you all as I will be watching!!!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums