Home

Car Rental from Denver airport

Posted By: shortliner16

Car Rental from Denver airport - 08/27/18 02:59 PM

Im flying into Denver Sept 11th and im wondering the best way to get from there to my elk hunt and back. Its about a 2 hour drive and renting a car seems to be about $40 a day but wondering if maybe uber or something else would be better bang for my buck?
Posted By: BvrRtrvr

Re: Car Rental from Denver airport - 08/27/18 04:15 PM

IF you Have to rent a vehicle..you might want to look at a site called Autoslash.com They take your info, then keep you regularly updated as to the best deals. It usually goes through Priceline. But you pay at the airport. I've used them several times with no problems.
Posted By: hippie

Re: Car Rental from Denver airport - 08/27/18 04:54 PM

We rented when we flew into Denver.

I hate being without wheels and relying on someone else when i want to go for something.
Posted By: Monster Toms

Re: Car Rental from Denver airport - 08/27/18 05:30 PM

Where are you driving to??
Posted By: Bristleback

Re: Car Rental from Denver airport - 08/27/18 05:49 PM

LOL, ya where to?? 10 mile Uber is one thing, 150+++ miles is another.

One thing about Denver, there is a toll road that loops around Denver, it's all automated and make sure you're 10000% clear and understand how you'll pay for these tolls, especially in a rental.
Posted By: Bigbrownie

Re: Car Rental from Denver airport - 08/27/18 06:31 PM

I've seen where rental agencies out of Denver and Salt Lake airports will really scrutinize your vehicle when you return it after a hunting trip. Even if you never had game inside it, or even if you wash them good. Unload your gun boxes and camo pack before you enter the return area to avoid being hassled.

Re: Car Rental from Denver airport - 08/27/18 07:34 PM

I wont have much gear in the vehicle as my buddy will be driving the whole way from Minnesota. Im flying to save time off work. Its a 2.5 hour drive from Denver NW. Is there a way to figure out the toll roads?
Posted By: nvwrangler

Re: Car Rental from Denver airport - 08/27/18 07:47 PM

If your a Costco member check the Costco travel site for rates. As for the toll roads mobile gps can be programed to not use toll roads so can google maps on line. Anyway your buddy can just time his arrival to pick you up?
Posted By: silkyplainscoyot

Re: Car Rental from Denver airport - 08/27/18 07:58 PM

You won't have to worry about the toll road. There's only 1 and it's called E470. Just follow Pena Blvd out of DIA and jump on I70 heading west. It can be a little congested at times but it will get you headed in the right direction without using to the toll road if you don't want too.

I only live 2 & 1/2 hours from DIA and have flown out of there several times. The toll road is convenient but easily avoided.
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Car Rental from Denver airport - 08/27/18 08:32 PM

40 bucks a day seems cheap to go elk hunting in someone else's car
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: Car Rental from Denver airport - 08/27/18 08:41 PM

$40.00 per day is probably the base rate they advertise. You might read the fine print and see what extra "fees" they charge.

Also, be very careful where you take the rental car. Some contracts prohibit you from driving on gravel or dirt roads. Rental companies can be very protective of their vehicles. Again, read the fine print.

I'm thinking that a 150 mile Uber ride would be very expensive. And the drivers might not be willing to go that far out of town, even though you are paying them.
Posted By: Chamacat

Re: Car Rental from Denver airport - 08/27/18 09:11 PM

Yep...Why don't you have your buddy pick you up at the airport?

Re: Car Rental from Denver airport - 08/27/18 09:55 PM

He is hunting Saturday-sunday and ill be hunting Tuesday-sunday.
Posted By: Chamacat

Re: Car Rental from Denver airport - 08/27/18 10:36 PM

Yep..There will be 4 less bulls on the mountain that I know of by the time you get to Colorado. The seasons only been open 3 days...LOL
Posted By: charles

Re: Car Rental from Denver airport - 08/28/18 12:45 AM

$40 / day seems like a good price to me. Probably will get a late model. Once rented a new Ford 4x4 F150 in Montana for $50 per day. It was covered in mud and dust when returned.
Posted By: Bigfoot

Re: Car Rental from Denver airport - 08/28/18 09:56 PM

It's not so much the toll on the toll road as the service charge the rental company charges for paying the toll Ive heard of cases where the service charge was more than the days rental they bill your credit card after they get billed so most times its after you done turned in your car ,got back home before the bill ever gets turned into your credit card . then your wondering what all these $90 service charges are for
Posted By: FlyinFinn

Re: Car Rental from Denver airport - 08/28/18 10:36 PM

Rent a uhaul pickup for 19.99 a day( maybe they aren't that price anymore this was 15 years ago). My friend and I did that when we flew into Anchorage for a visit. We drove that thing all over hellenbegone. Even broke the passenger mirror off driving in some brush near a sheep Creek. I believe they charged us an extra 40 for mirror.

Re: Car Rental from Denver airport - 08/28/18 10:43 PM

Originally Posted By: FlyinFinn
Rent a uhaul pickup for 19.99 a day( maybe they aren't that price anymore this was 15 years ago). My friend and I did that when we flew into Anchorage for a visit. We drove that thing all over hellenbegone. Even broke the passenger mirror off driving in some brush near a sheep Creek. I believe they charged us an extra 40 for mirror.

It's plus mileage now . Not unlimited

Re: Car Rental from Denver airport - 08/28/18 10:47 PM

Unlimited tires maybe ...... grin

© 2024 Trapperman Forums