Home

Utv setup pictures

Posted By: Matt(rat killer)

Utv setup pictures - 09/11/18 03:20 PM

I’d like to see some different rigs for utv’s. Looking for a few ideas. Let’s see some pics!
Posted By: concrete man

Re: Utv setup pictures - 09/11/18 04:07 PM

Saw this one at the NTA it looks like it would do I have polaris no modification just put stuff in the bed and go . Matt did the rat's ever come back at goosepond.
Posted By: Northmocats

Re: Utv setup pictures - 09/11/18 04:11 PM

^ I could probably buy 10 to 15 acres of timber for what that thing cost.
Posted By: bulldozerjoe

Re: Utv setup pictures - 09/11/18 04:14 PM

I have a can am commander with tracks, goes great in deep snow... I looked at the kubota but it’s to heavy with the diseal motor.. I love mine but with wish it had bench seats

Re: Utv setup pictures - 09/11/18 04:16 PM

This is what I use

Re: Utv setup pictures - 09/11/18 04:38 PM

Water levels are manipulated to much for there to be numbers like in the past. I’d say harvesting 500-1000 on entire property would be a great year. I don’t see it getting any better in the future. Like the seasons I’m switching gears towards predators and catching a few rats for fun.
Spending more time with my kids deer hunting and taking a few new folks out trapping and introducing them to the sport. Always a fun adventure!!

Re: Utv setup pictures - 09/11/18 04:47 PM

Yeah they sure messed it up thanks
Posted By: trapper20

Re: Utv setup pictures - 09/12/18 07:08 PM

I don't have any pics, but I put lengths of PVC pipe in the box holes. put screws in the pvc and hang my earth anchors, cable restraints. and some traps o n them. everything else just gets tossed in the back
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Utv setup pictures - 09/12/18 07:13 PM

I use an extender on the back end. Got to have it!
Posted By: Dr. Fur

Re: Utv setup pictures - 09/12/18 07:21 PM

Mark--I like that extender. I had seen them but wasn't sure if it was that much of an improvement.
Posted By: Michael Lippold

Re: Utv setup pictures - 09/12/18 07:59 PM

I’m not smart enough to add pictures but we made a box out of scrap 2x4’s and plywood that extends past the tailgate on my Kawasaki mule
Posted By: DaYooper14

Re: Utv setup pictures - 09/12/18 08:06 PM

Most often the bed is so full the catches overflow into passenger side. Can't emphasize enough how much I love the $8/pr Quickfist for attaching poles, axes, drowning rods, etc.

Posted By: Chuckles84

Re: Utv setup pictures - 09/12/18 11:51 PM

Originally Posted By: DaYooper14
Most often the bed is so full the catches overflow into passenger side. Can't emphasize enough how much I love the $8/pr Quickfist for attaching poles, axes, drowning rods, etc.

Dang it man you cost me $30 for 4 sets of them quickfist. Got 2 pair that are 1-2.5 inches and a pair that holds 2-9 inches. I think they will be pretty handy on the line this fall.
Posted By: la4wd54

Re: Utv setup pictures - 09/13/18 12:39 AM

I use a Polaris ranger but have a aluminium rack that fits in the front receiver. All the bloody dirty catch goes in it and keeps my equipment clean in the back.
Posted By: hillbillyjake

Re: Utv setup pictures - 09/13/18 01:16 AM

@ dayooper14, what brand is the axe?

Re: Utv setup pictures - 09/13/18 01:33 AM

Originally Posted By: hillbillyjake
@ dayooper14, what brand is the axe?

The one in the pic is a modified elwell on a hand made 28” curved hickory stick. I’m an axe geek.

Re: Utv setup pictures - 09/13/18 01:37 AM

Originally Posted By: Chuckles84

Dang it man you cost me $30 for 4 sets of them quickfist. Got 2 pair that are 1-2.5 inches and a pair that holds 2-9 inches. I think they will be pretty handy on the line this fall.

I used conduit hangars to fasten em where I wanted on cage tubes and glued a piece of ratchet strap on the inside to protect the finish. I tried the rubber lined hangars from Grainger but didnt like the shearing force the welded nut on those had. Enjoy! Handy little buggars.

Re: Utv setup pictures - 09/13/18 04:10 AM

I have a 1979 Toyota Straight axle first year 4x4 in USA.
Not much bigger then a side by side, but locked up will go about anywhere.

I sure would like to upgrade to a side by though.. little narrower for those tighter spots. They are handy though. Father in law has one on the Cattle Farm.
Posted By: andy weiser

Re: Utv setup pictures - 09/13/18 12:47 PM

Re: Utv setup pictures - 09/13/18 01:20 PM

out of curiosity what tires are you all running? I had two flats last weekend on my stock tires during normal use so I upgraded to Blackwater Evolution 8plys.
Posted By: Antarctica

Re: Utv setup pictures - 09/13/18 02:59 PM

That thing looks like a beast with tracks. Any idea how parts availability is for the Kymco? You like it?
Posted By: Rammer

Re: Utv setup pictures - 09/13/18 03:59 PM

Andy has a sweet trapping buggy!

I have a mid size Polaris ranger 500. I mounted a bunch of LED lights to roof to help check in dark is about my only modification.

Re: Utv setup pictures - 09/13/18 04:30 PM

Thats Setup for trapping. Some Beautiful MT dogs too.
Posted By: Hern

Re: Utv setup pictures - 09/13/18 04:43 PM

Yamaha Rhino 450. Stock
Groundhogs...
Posted By: la4wd54

Re: Utv setup pictures - 09/13/18 06:14 PM

My little rig
Posted By: petey

Re: Utv setup pictures - 09/13/18 06:29 PM

I built a rack for the back of mine last year. {Gonna seal all the edges with caulk so blood doesn't drip down. Gonna paint it as well so it'll last longer.} Catch pole, axe, stake puller, etc goes on top up front. Catch goes toward the back. All my other goodies go in the bed to help keep it dry as possible. Plenty of room to pull stuff out the sides or back. When season is over just pull the dowels up out of the standard holes and your good to go.

Posted By: Michael Morris

Re: Utv setup pictures - 09/13/18 06:44 PM

I bought one of these to carry my dead critters, keeps the blood and urine out of my bed.

Also let's everyone know if I am "the bug" or "the windshield" that day smile
Posted By: Okiecntry

Re: Utv setup pictures - 09/13/18 08:32 PM

I built a box to fit in mine. The front row (next to the cab) will hold four 5-gallon buckets - usually peat moss, drags, etc. It has an elevated shelf and has storage under it for extra tools, winch, etc.

The middle is narrow and usually has stakes, drags, chains, dirt hole drill, big hammer, etc.

The back (next to the tailgate) will hold four 5-gallon buckets (set bucket, lure/bait bucket, peat, etc.)

Once traps are set I'm usually down to just a few buckets with some straw in the other holes for non bloody critters like cats and fox.

Mine is a crew cab so on set day I have two kitchen trash cans in the back floor board with traps. A tub goes in the back seat for extra items on set day but has straw in it on check days for the bloody critters.

The picture above was on trap pulling day so there were no buckets.

Re: Utv setup pictures - 09/14/18 03:12 AM

Thanks Andy might have to put my skinning gambrel on mine. I have a few ideas now I need to get busy. Season will be here before you know it.

Re: Utv setup pictures - 09/14/18 03:22 AM

Originally Posted By: Dr. Fur
Mark--I like that extender. I had seen them but wasn't sure if it was that much of an improvement.

Dr. Fur, it's a must have after you use it a bit.

Plus you can adjust it to keep stuff tight in the back or let it all the way out on a good day on the line where you need more room = flexibility

Re: Utv setup pictures - 09/14/18 03:26 AM

out of curiosity what tires are you all running? I had two flats last weekend on my stock tires during normal use so I upgraded to Blackwater Evolution 8plys.

If you want to use the good tires, take it from the guys in south Texas and use what we use...
Essex Kevlar
$600 - $800 per set but I wouldn't leave the house without them.

Re: Utv setup pictures - 09/14/18 04:16 AM

8 ply Rip Saw with green slime in them.

Re: Utv setup pictures - 09/14/18 04:18 AM

Originally Posted By: Antarctica
That thing looks like a beast with tracks. Any idea how parts availability is for the Kymco? You like it?

No problem on parts and service. Been used and abused. Still hauling coyotes for me. Cant complain.

Re: Utv setup pictures - 09/14/18 04:18 AM

Originally Posted By: Northmocats
Thats Setup for trapping. Some Beautiful MT dogs too.

Thank you.

Re: Utv setup pictures - 09/14/18 04:22 AM

about 9 or 10 dogs max it out before its time to skin

Re: Utv setup pictures - 09/14/18 04:29 AM

Yes I like the Rip Saw tires in rock and snow both.

Re: Utv setup pictures - 09/14/18 11:18 AM

I’ve got the tire thing figured out already. Kawasaki mule makes a “a” arm kit that lifts machine and you can put on a 15” truck tire. Friend of mine has done this and it works great.
Posted By: OhioBoy

Re: Utv setup pictures - 09/14/18 11:20 AM

I'd think theyd have a winch on the front of them.
Then I'd mount vice grips to the front bumper somehow.
Then I'd have a pulley rigged on my cable.
Then... you could pull up to whatever, hook your pulley to it, and have a horizontal skinner with the critter latched in the vice grips.
Posted By: Michael Morris

Re: Utv setup pictures - 09/14/18 11:34 AM

Andy, you're an animal! I run 8 plys with the slime as well, I just can't remember the name brand. Only issue I ever had was a cedar stob, got lucky it was in the offseason and able to be patched. Locust don't stand a chance vs the 8 ply slimed tires I run smile

Re: Utv setup pictures - 09/14/18 08:59 PM

Cactus is my main reason for slime. One time I bent a rim and seen the slime running down my side wall. I took out my hammer and beat the rim back into place and when the slime quit oozing out I knew I had it fixed. Kept me from walking a long ways out of the mountains.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Utv setup pictures - 09/14/18 09:25 PM

My honda bike runs low pressure tires(2.5 lb).I have run on a flat a few times to get out of the bush.Once your rolling the tire comes back up from centrifugal force.
Posted By: QuietButDeadly

Re: Utv setup pictures - 09/18/18 11:26 PM

Gradually getting my ride better equipped to do the job. Added a front rack for mainly critters and a side rack with removable yokes to haul 10' drowning rods. The mounts for the yokes are bolted on and do not extend beyond the body work. The only thing welded is the front rack supports on each end of the bumper bar. The rack is held in place with D pins and can be removed without tools.

Still need to add some brackets for misc stuff like a catch pole and tater rake and a gun holder of some kind but I am making progress. Sure going to have a lot more room that the 4 wheeler.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums