Home

Farting while deer hunting

Posted By: BernieB.

Farting while deer hunting - 09/13/18 04:25 PM

Don't laugh, this is a serious question! Well, okay you can laugh.

Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Farting while deer hunting - 09/13/18 04:31 PM

This thread stinks...I know, boo!
Posted By: odiferous

Re: Farting while deer hunting - 09/13/18 04:39 PM

A loud one may alert a deer up close, but like you said, hunt the wind and don't worry about it. You never know, you "grunted" a couple in with the sound. With all the things that can make a bow kill go wrong, I'm not going to worry about the ones I have no control over.
Posted By: mainer

Re: Farting while deer hunting - 09/13/18 04:39 PM

It sounds like (pun intended) that oatmeal raisin cookies are key in effective fart-calling big bucks. grin
Posted By: FlyinFinn

Re: Farting while deer hunting - 09/13/18 04:58 PM

Originally Posted By: odiferous
A loud one may alert a deer up close, but like you said, hunt the wind and don't worry about it. You never know, you "grunted" a couple in with the sound. With all the things that can make a bow kill go wrong, I'm not going to worry about the ones I have no control over.

Your handle makes it seem you're an expert in this subject matter. My humble opinion is that holding farts causes gut cancer later in life, so don't hold them in for nobody or nothing.
Posted By: corky

Re: Farting while deer hunting - 09/13/18 05:05 PM

If farting was a limiting factor I would have to close deer camp.
Posted By: chas3457

Re: Farting while deer hunting - 09/13/18 05:06 PM

laugh Let er rip. grin

Charlie
Posted By: bucksnbears

Re: Farting while deer hunting - 09/13/18 05:16 PM

How bout a schart? whistle

Re: Farting while deer hunting - 09/13/18 05:20 PM

Originally Posted By: FlyinFinn
Originally Posted By: odiferous

Your handle makes it seem you're an expert in this subject matter. My humble opinion is that holding farts causes gut cancer later in life, so don't hold them in for nobody or nothing.

I've always enjoyed lure and bait making and I work with one thing or another, generally pretty ripe and including skunk essence and aged glands on a regular basis. Just spending a little time in the shed causes the smells to soak in. I'm not sure I ever fully get rid of the smell. But yeah, give me a bowl of chili, or two and I can hold my own with anybody. LOL
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Farting while deer hunting - 09/13/18 05:20 PM

I bark out a fart when I want them to stop so I can trip the trigger.
Ive heard of a guy sneezing and a deer came in thinking it was a snort-wheeze.
I was hanging a stand once, loudly peeling dead bark off a tree and it was falling. Two young bucks came charging in, apparently thinking it was two other bucks fighting.

Re: Farting while deer hunting - 09/13/18 05:22 PM

Originally Posted By: bucksnbears
How bout a schart? whistle

A shart causes me to take off running for the pickup.

Re: Farting while deer hunting - 09/13/18 05:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Gary Benson
I bark out a fart when I want them to stop so I can trip the trigger.
Ive heard of a guy sneezing and a deer came in thinking it was a snort-wheeze.
I was hanging a stand once, loudly peeling dead bark off a tree and it was falling. Two young bucks came charging in, apparently thinking it was two other bucks fighting.

A buddy and I had something similar happen several years ago. I was helping him put up a stand just before bow season opened. We got the stand up, he was in it and I was clearing a couple shooting lanes for him. I knocked over a decent sized dead stub and when it hit the ground, I started breaking some dead branches off it. The next think I know I heard a crash and here comes a buck. He came to within 20' and stood there staring at me for a few seconds, before he decided it would be in his best interest to head back the way he came.
Posted By: Fisher Man

Re: Farting while deer hunting - 09/13/18 05:48 PM

Guess I don't need my grunt tube.
Posted By: gryhkl

Re: Farting while deer hunting - 09/13/18 07:33 PM

[quote=Gary Benson
I was hanging a stand once, loudly peeling dead bark off a tree and it was falling. Two young bucks came charging in, apparently thinking it was two other bucks fighting. [/quote]

I have had bucks come stomping or bounding into me while ascending a tree with my climber on several occasions. I have to guess it was the sound of the bark being rubbed and scraped by the band on the stand.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Farting while deer hunting - 09/13/18 07:37 PM

Years ago, there was an article in one of the sportsman magazines entitled, "Guaranteed Way to Kill a Buck". The author said you need to get up into your stand with your rifle. Sit for awhile. Next start to act a little "antsy". A few minutes later get a nervous look on your face and hurriedly climb down from your tree stand while fumbling with your belt buckle as you head into the brush. Here's the secret: In the brush you have hidden a second rifle to outsmart that buck that's sure to show up. laugh
Posted By: Boco

Re: Farting while deer hunting - 09/13/18 07:51 PM

Exercise your sphincter so you can do predator calls,goose calls,buck grunts etc.
Posted By: The Beav

Re: Farting while deer hunting - 09/13/18 07:55 PM

Content was blocked because it was not signed by a valid security certificate.

For more information, see “About Certificate Errors” in Internet Explorer Help.

This Is what I got when I opened this thread
Posted By: mainer

Re: Farting while deer hunting - 09/13/18 08:20 PM

Back when I was a strapping young lad we could talk about farts all day long without needing any signed certificate - valid my a..... Good Lord, what's this country coming to?!!!
Posted By: racerboy108

Re: Farting while deer hunting - 09/13/18 08:23 PM

Farting is only not encouraged if your prairie dogging. It makes a mess. So I hear.
Posted By: AKAjust

Re: Farting while deer hunting - 09/13/18 10:17 PM

You might blow up if you don't fart. LOL
just
Posted By: jabNE

Re: Farting while deer hunting - 09/13/18 11:51 PM

When my son was little my father in law took him deer hunting. I remember my father in coming back afterward and laughing. Said the were sitting in the stand all quiet and my father in law let a silent one slip. He said my son whispered Grandpa get ready I can smell one close. grin
Jim

Re: Farting while deer hunting - 09/14/18 12:00 AM

Originally Posted By: Boco
Exercise your sphincter so you can do predator calls,goose calls,buck grunts etc.

I bet an elk call would take some practice.

Re: Farting while deer hunting - 09/14/18 12:18 AM

Would definitely need a tube for elk.
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Farting while deer hunting - 09/14/18 01:20 AM

Originally Posted By: Fisherman
Guess I don't need my grunt tube.

Yup....I think the more natural sound ...will bring them in...!
Posted By: Dead Coyote

Re: Farting while deer hunting - 09/14/18 01:22 AM

Call'em in!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9IGiDQWJCs

Re: Farting while deer hunting - 09/14/18 01:24 AM

Iam friggin crying,reading all these posts ......

Re: Farting while deer hunting - 09/14/18 02:27 AM

Congrats on your buck too, by the way. Nice shot.
Posted By: trapr

Re: Farting while deer hunting - 09/14/18 05:18 AM

I'm going to give all you young guys the best advice you are ever going to get,when you reach a certain age......NEVER trust a fart.
Yeah you laugh,just remember, I warned you.
Posted By: jabNE

Re: Farting while deer hunting - 09/14/18 10:01 AM

You know all you can do is laugh if you let one fly and all you hear and see below is crashing noises and big white tail flags as they run off. You can laugh and think yep can clear the area just like at home!
Also, one-piece zip up insulated coveralls are the worst. Everything comes up and out the neck hole...right under your nose.

Jim
Posted By: MT bowhunter

Re: Farting while deer hunting - 09/14/18 11:39 AM

Getting older is not fun. I am starting to understand what my grandpa meant when he used to say. "I miss the days when I used to have wet dreams and dry farts"
Posted By: BernieB.

Re: Farting while deer hunting - 09/14/18 03:11 PM

Well I suppose this thread took the turn I expected......

Re: Farting while deer hunting - 09/14/18 03:40 PM

I tried Bernie, but I guess I got swept up in it too.
Posted By: Coyote Clayton

Re: Farting while deer hunting - 09/14/18 04:00 PM

Deer fart, bears fart, everything farts in the woods.........

So not only does a bear crap in the woods, they fart too..

Who will pay the carbon emission tax on wildlife fartin in the woods?
Posted By: Traps R Us

Re: Farting while deer hunting - 09/14/18 05:04 PM

LOL - finally a very serious discussion about a real life issue! you made my day!
Posted By: hippie

Re: Farting while deer hunting - 09/14/18 05:57 PM

Shoot'm before they get in smelling range, problem solved.

Heck, the Indians were smart enough to throw their bows away when introduced to a gun.
Posted By: 160user

Re: Farting while deer hunting - 09/14/18 06:12 PM

I have been practicing "dueling banjos" lately but just can't get the right tone yet.
Posted By: Michigan Trappin

Re: Farting while deer hunting - 09/14/18 09:17 PM

Originally Posted By: jabNE
When my son was little my father in law took him deer hunting. I remember my father in coming back afterward and laughing. Said the were sitting in the stand all quiet and my father in law let a silent one slip. He said my son whispered Grandpa get ready I can smell one close. grin
Jim

That made me laugh!!! Thx
Posted By: ringtailtrapper

Re: Farting while deer hunting - 09/14/18 11:53 PM

LMAO, Now this fella is the resident sphincter exercising expert of Trapperman, and I can't even begin to think of anyone else more deserving of such a title. He will post something here soon, and you will see first hand his fine example of his sphincter exercising techniques. Congratulations Boco on you grand title, Did the queen have to thump you on the head with a sword, or was it a toilet brush ?? laugh

RTT
Posted By: paradork

Re: Farting while deer hunting - 09/15/18 01:09 AM

I don't think farting scares them unless there real close. The sky dump,now that's a reason to hunt somewhere else

Re: Farting while deer hunting - 09/18/18 02:28 AM

Originally Posted By: 160user

I have been practicing "dueling banjos" lately but just can't get the right tone yet.

Think you need a few more Oatmeal Cookies...to achieve the Dueling Banjo notes ....
© 2024 Trapperman Forums