Home

Bear spray

Posted By: AJE

Bear spray - 09/18/18 01:35 AM

I'm looking to buy a new canister of bear spray. Anyone know of a great place to get a good one, maybe a discounted 2 or 3 pack ? (I have a friend that wants in as well). Maybe something larger than the common 7.9 oz size? With holster.
Posted By: Osky

Re: Bear spray - 09/18/18 01:56 AM

I’d suggest something in a 44 magnum. Works really well. Spray carefully.
There are many holster options as well. Don't over think the style, as long as you can reach it when needed.

Your Welcome.
Osky
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Bear spray - 09/18/18 02:23 AM

they have the stuff all over on Amazon.

never used it can't good or bad.
Posted By: racerboy108

Re: Bear spray - 09/18/18 03:07 AM

Originally Posted By: Osky
I’d suggest something in a 44 magnum. Works really well. Spray carefully.

Your Welcome.
Osky

X2 as in two 44 magnums. One for each hand.
Posted By: Jmack

Re: Bear spray - 09/18/18 03:59 AM

I will check what size and brand we have at work and get back to you tomorrow. They give discounts for multiple orders. We are mandated to carry it whenever we are outside the trucks. Been sprayed once and can still taste the nasty stuff so I don't like carrying it. Vote number 3 on the 44. That's what I carry all the time when not on the clock. Well its either the black hawk or M1 Garand.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Bear spray - 09/18/18 01:18 PM

I wouldn't trust discounted bear spray.
Posted By: GROUSEWIT

Re: Bear spray - 09/18/18 01:51 PM

From my little bit of research the "COUNTER ASSAULT" is the strongest. I saw it out in WY last week for 56bucks a can in a convience store but u should get it for less than 30. I had a can of "GUARD ALASKA" an 15 fmj in my 9mm and my sw stubby and my 270 wsm. I felt pretty safe while calling with the foxpro.
Posted By: 160user

Re: Bear spray - 09/18/18 02:43 PM

We just did a medevac of a guy that had the bear spray go off accidentally in the brush. He laid there blinded for 2 days until we found him. He would have been a Cajun snack if a bear would have found him first. Give me a shot barreled 12 gauge over spray or a 44 any day.
Posted By: J.Morse

Re: Bear spray - 09/18/18 03:33 PM

I'd carry both. The only time I was in a situation where I was holding a .44 as defense against a coastal Grizzly, I remember feeling WAY under gunned. I used to do a pile of handgun hunting back in the day too, so it wasn't my ability to hit something that had me sweating that sticky sweat. I would have much preferred a 3" 12 grade 870, stoked with double aught and slugs......but I am a noted pansy when it comes to being bit by a bear.....of any specie.
Posted By: EdP

Re: Bear spray - 09/18/18 04:52 PM

They found an empty can next to Mark Uptain. Can't recommend that brand, whatever it was. I'd take the .44.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums