Home

Oklahoma Furbearer Alliance fall rondy 10/26-27

Posted By: Ken Smith

Oklahoma Furbearer Alliance fall rondy 10/26-27 - 10/07/18 04:43 PM

Howdy all!
It's time for the OFBA rondy in Okemah on October 26th and 27th.
The sign up sheet for the Youth Camp is up on the website.
https://oktrapper.com

The camp is being held @ Lake Carl Blackwell in Stillwater OK.
If your from Oklahoma and have children interested in trapping it will be a good time.

The rondezvous is going to be a blast.
Come if you can.

Ken

Re: Oklahoma Furbearer Alliance fall rondy 10/26-27 - 10/08/18 08:23 PM

TTT
Posted By: Matt28

Re: Oklahoma Furbearer Alliance fall rondy 10/26-27 - 10/08/18 08:42 PM

I will be there lol

Re: Oklahoma Furbearer Alliance fall rondy 10/26-27 - 10/08/18 11:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Matt28
I will be there lol

I know you will Matt, and so will others but we don't seem to have too many okie trappers on this forum now do we?
Lol
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: Oklahoma Furbearer Alliance fall rondy 10/26-27 - 10/09/18 11:22 AM

Ken, sorry I can't make it this year. Moving it back was the worst thing for me, as I'll be leaving about that time for my out of state trapping trip. Yall have a great get together!

Re: Oklahoma Furbearer Alliance fall rondy 10/26-27 - 10/09/18 11:42 PM

Me too Lee, and thanks we will have a blast.
Seems this is going to be a pretty big show.
Good luck on the trip

I wish we had more Oklahomans in this thread.
Calling all Oklahomans .... Crickets**
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: Oklahoma Furbearer Alliance fall rondy 10/26-27 - 10/10/18 12:19 AM

I'm here. Unfortunately I work that weekend.

Mike
Posted By: zirrow

Re: Oklahoma Furbearer Alliance fall rondy 10/26-27 - 10/10/18 12:28 AM

I wouldn't mind checking out a convention sometime, but ~400 miles round trip right at the muzzle loader opener is just too much for this guy.

Re: Oklahoma Furbearer Alliance fall rondy 10/26-27 - 10/10/18 01:01 AM

That is one thing that will be brought up is not to have it on opener of muzzle loader but that was the only weekend that it could be booked at okemah is what I believe I was told. I am not sure if it will continue to be at okemah also. If any one on here would consider attending the convention next year and it was decided to be moved, where would y'all like to see it held?

Re: Oklahoma Furbearer Alliance fall rondy 10/26-27 - 10/10/18 03:34 AM

Sorry to hear that Mike and zirrow..

Matt I cant imagine it being in a better spot. Maybe central would draw more Western folks to the meeting.

I enjoy it being east because nearly all of my family lives within 50 miles of Okemah

Re: Oklahoma Furbearer Alliance fall rondy 10/26-27 - 10/10/18 03:35 AM

We plan on hunting that weekend just going to wait till the 28th to start

Re: Oklahoma Furbearer Alliance fall rondy 10/26-27 - 10/10/18 03:36 AM

Originally Posted By: zirrow
I wouldn't mind checking out a convention sometime, but ~400 miles round trip right at the muzzle loader opener is just too much for this guy.

This weekend down in Brownwood Tejas there is a good meeting.
Not sure where in the SW you are ..
Posted By: OKforester

Re: Oklahoma Furbearer Alliance fall rondy 10/26-27 - 10/10/18 04:36 AM

Opening of black power season is a deal breaker for me too.
Posted By: ENC

Re: Oklahoma Furbearer Alliance fall rondy 10/26-27 - 10/10/18 08:55 PM

I will be there. I'm pretty sure the fair barn was already booked for the normal weekend and it sucks that it is on BP opener (my favorite deer season). But I won't miss a fall meeting

Re: Oklahoma Furbearer Alliance fall rondy 10/26-27 - 10/10/18 09:15 PM

Well next year maybe we can get it back to the first weekend in October.

Re: Oklahoma Furbearer Alliance fall rondy 10/26-27 - 10/11/18 05:23 AM

Originally Posted By: ENC
I will be there. I'm pretty sure the fair barn was already booked for the normal weekend and it sucks that it is on BP opener (my favorite deer season). But I won't miss a fall meeting

ENC what's your name partner? Not sure we met at the meeting last fall.

Originally Posted By: Matt28
Well next year maybe we can get it back to the first weekend in October.

That would be ideal.
Posted By: coolstucco

Re: Oklahoma Furbearer Alliance fall rondy 10/26-27 - 10/11/18 02:34 PM

We are going to try to make this, are there any hookups for camping on the grounds, or what is nearby for camping. Thanks, Brian.

Re: Oklahoma Furbearer Alliance fall rondy 10/26-27 - 10/11/18 08:09 PM

There isn't much for hook ups right there at the fair barn, but a few miles north of town is a lake that has hook ups and a store that has them also. Just a little East and North on 56 is another rv type park. If you need phone numbers or direction let me know I will be glad to help.

Re: Oklahoma Furbearer Alliance fall rondy 10/26-27 - 10/11/18 09:49 PM

Lake Okemah is very close and has hookups. I stayed there last fall.
Posted By: coolstucco

Re: Oklahoma Furbearer Alliance fall rondy 10/26-27 - 10/11/18 10:13 PM

Originally Posted By: Ken Smith
Lake Okemah is very close and has hookups. I stayed there last fall.

is anyone camping there for the rondy?

Re: Oklahoma Furbearer Alliance fall rondy 10/26-27 - 10/12/18 02:14 PM

Lake okemah is 7 miles north and pine tree rv park is probley 3 miles.

Re: Oklahoma Furbearer Alliance fall rondy 10/26-27 - 10/12/18 10:24 PM

I am bringing the family and we are gonna run a cold camp and just hang out behind the barn. Unless it gets too cool if so I'll make the trip to okmulgee I have family and a warm bed to sleep in there.

Re: Oklahoma Furbearer Alliance fall rondy 10/26-27 - 10/13/18 11:43 PM

I plan on sleeping in the minivan behind the barn also. Too cheap for a motel room.

Re: Oklahoma Furbearer Alliance fall rondy 10/26-27 - 10/15/18 03:19 PM

Brad Thomure said that he was having Nick Beder come from Wisconsin to do a beaver/otter demo.
Posted By: Davisfur

Re: Oklahoma Furbearer Alliance fall rondy 10/26-27 - 10/16/18 08:18 PM

I'll be there! Tent camped at lake okemah last year. It's a beautiful lake. I think being on opening weekend of blackpowder season is gonna hurt it some but hope I'm wrong. There are a LOT of trappers out here in western Oklahoma that will not under any circumstances make the drive to be there and I don't know for sure why that is except the excuse I hear the most is ''I'll be bowhunting that weekend.'' I can't count the number of trappers that I regularly buy fur from that don't even know what the OFBA is and I call them all every year and invite them to the fall meeting and have yet to see one show up. There are a lot of trappers in western Oklahoma but I guess they don't like to talk to each other lol.

Re: Oklahoma Furbearer Alliance fall rondy 10/26-27 - 10/16/18 11:00 PM

Well what do you think it would take yo get some of them to attend? It's a two day deal now so I was hope people could make at least one day.
Originally Posted By: okiewolfer
I'll be there! Tent camped at lake okemah last year. It's a beautiful lake. I think being on opening weekend of blackpowder season is gonna hurt it some but hope I'm wrong. There are a LOT of trappers out here in western Oklahoma that will not under any circumstances make the drive to be there and I don't know for sure why that is except the excuse I hear the most is ''I'll be bowhunting that weekend.'' I can't count the number of trappers that I regularly buy fur from that don't even know what the OFBA is and I call them all every year and invite them to the fall meeting and have yet to see one show up. There are a lot of trappers in western Oklahoma but I guess they don't like to talk to each other lol.

Re: Oklahoma Furbearer Alliance fall rondy 10/26-27 - 10/17/18 11:18 AM

I'm not sure Matt. Like I said I always try to make sure they are all invited and aware of the dates every year but to no avail. I really don't understand why but out here a lot of guy's treat the fact that they trap like a dirty little secret that they don't want anybody knowing. Most of them won't talk about sets, baits, lures, preferred brand of trap or anything along those lines even with me as I'm buying thier trap caught fur. That is one reason that I love coming to the fall meeting, guys from back east aren't afraid to talk trapping with you. I wish I knew what to do to get people out here more involved in the OFBA, and get them to the meetings and seminars. Right off hand I can think of at least 15 guys that live within 40 miles of me that have never been to a meeting even when they held the spring meeting at red Rock state park and some of them live in the town that red Rock park is in!

Re: Oklahoma Furbearer Alliance fall rondy 10/26-27 - 10/18/18 03:37 AM

Interesting..
Oh well. Sometimes folks are far enough away from the liberals that they don't consider the rights we may lose as trappers if we don't get involved.

Happy birthday Matt!! Just saw that.

We have a good convention, and it's obviously growing so that's good.
Lots of demos this year.

I'm surprised that there isn't more folks here on TM from Oklahoma.
It's a huge state and I know there are a ton of trappers.

Re: Oklahoma Furbearer Alliance fall rondy 10/26-27 - 10/18/18 11:27 AM

Thanks Ken. I think there is more people from Oklahoma on here they just don't post much or get on trapper talk a lot. They just kinda keep to there selfs I guess. Can't say i blame them, just hope more of the ones who haven't attended the convention before at least comes once to see how it is. It's for sure better then it has been in years past I think. Fun for the whole family.

Re: Oklahoma Furbearer Alliance fall rondy 10/26-27 - 10/18/18 03:38 PM

Happy birthday Matt! I do hope eventually to get more people from this side of the state to attend. I just keep inviting lol. Very excited about the meeting and getting to see the demos. Can't wait to get there!

Re: Oklahoma Furbearer Alliance fall rondy 10/26-27 - 10/19/18 03:43 AM

Matt, I did get Thursday off so I should be there after 1 sometime.

Re: Oklahoma Furbearer Alliance fall rondy 10/26-27 - 10/19/18 02:01 PM

Ok good deal, I will see you there. I think they are going to cook a breakfast one morning.

Re: Oklahoma Furbearer Alliance fall rondy 10/26-27 - 10/19/18 10:01 PM

We will be there for the for sure.

Re: Oklahoma Furbearer Alliance fall rondy 10/26-27 - 10/22/18 01:32 PM

Looking like the weather is gonna be nice

Re: Oklahoma Furbearer Alliance fall rondy 10/26-27 - 10/23/18 01:24 AM

Yes it does
Posted By: Foxyote

Re: Oklahoma Furbearer Alliance fall rondy 10/26-27 - 10/25/18 02:01 PM

Is there any information available on the time and days of the demo's?

Re: Oklahoma Furbearer Alliance fall rondy 10/26-27 - 10/26/18 01:48 AM

© 2024 Trapperman Forums