Home

Posted By: bowhunter27295

. - 10/11/18 02:37 PM

Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Prayers for the folks in Florida - 10/11/18 05:40 PM

I'm not sure what to think of this. Media was saying unprecedented storm. Then it's moving across Georgia as a tropical storm. Not a lot of hubbub that I can see. Don't know what to believe.
Posted By: Rye

Re: Prayers for the folks in Florida - 10/11/18 07:24 PM

Gary,

The video footage of Eastern Panama City and all of Mexico Beach FL is astounding. If you can remember when Andrew hit Homestead FL in the 90's you'll have an idea. Some of the arial that is coming out is showing entire subdivisions that are nothing but driveways. Everything else is gone. Scattered wood and siding here and there, but for the most part these peoples lives were just erased.

Prayers aren't going to help these folks. What will help is other American Citizens mobilizing and doing bringing them supplies. I can tell you from having just dealt with Florence, that the following is whats needed now:

Clothing and towels
Food that doesn't have to be cooked, or kept cool.
Water is always good, but electrolytes are also good.
People who can work, and work NOW. Flooding hit a lot of homes and those homes need to be demoed in the next 5 days in order to save any part of them. Finding enough hands to do the work is a challenge at best. I helped gut two houses in 5 days here.
Roofers
Heavy Equipment operators
Generators, Fuel, Fuel, and more Fuel. and oil.
Extension cords.
Tents
Blankets
Toiletries.

Inside of a month, they will need skilled labor and construction. Dry wallers, framers, roofers, Flooring guys, plumbers, electricians etc. Here in Eastern NC anyone that remotely knew how to do roofing had a job instantly. Garage door installers are quoting six months out, minimum. Anyone here, that wouldn't mind living in a tent or has a camper could find as much work as they wanted down there. Feast or famine and it's time to eat.

There is easily two years worth of work to be done down there. Probably more but within two years those still waiting will have thrown in the towel and moved on.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Prayers for the folks in Florida - 10/11/18 08:54 PM

If that happened in California, it's be all over the news.
Posted By: Leary Sink

Re: Prayers for the folks in Florida - 10/12/18 05:25 AM

Sending prayers
© 2024 Trapperman Forums