Home

Fun Times!

Posted By: TDHP

Fun Times! - 10/17/18 01:22 AM

We had some leftover base material from new batches, so my little guy asked to make some bait for his "trapline" and asked if I would use it on my adc line. He has his own electric grinder and put together a nice list of what he wanted to add to it, so what the heck...we made an evening of it. While he was taking care of business, I was enjoying two nice chicken salad sammich's the wife made fer meh. Yeahhhhhh buddy:)

Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Fun Times! - 10/17/18 02:14 AM

Don't let him eat that bait! LOL sick J/K
Posted By: squacks

Re: Fun Times! - 10/17/18 02:27 AM

I can just imagine what that will someday read like on his resume'. LOL!
Posted By: 080808

Re: Fun Times! - 10/17/18 11:08 AM

Keep them interested
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Fun Times! - 10/17/18 11:14 AM

man do i miss the days of having to kick my son out of the furshed,be it for bed,homework or whatever.enjoy it,they grow up fast and hats off to kindling his interest in our dying tradition.
Posted By: Dewey NY

Re: Fun Times! - 10/17/18 12:06 PM

Cool stuff... Quality time.. These are the things we remember later in life.. Good job Dad..
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Fun Times! - 10/17/18 01:38 PM

That's Awesome right there!
Posted By: TDHP

Re: Fun Times! - 10/19/18 12:13 PM

Originally Posted By: Law Dog
Don't let him eat that bait! LOL sick J/K

Always has to give it the odor test, which normally throws him into sensory overload. Nose, ears, eyebrows all start to twitch. Then the WOW OMG DAD... this smells so good comment shortly follows. Then he'll sit and just smell the bottle for a couple of minutes. It's funny and he does all this on his own, no pressure from me to continue to trap or hang out in the bait&lure room, all self initiated. Hopefully I can continue to make our time out on the line and making bait/lure interesting for him so he maintains that interest.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums