Home

coni pans

Posted By: swamp donkey

coni pans - 10/17/18 01:50 AM

Has anyone found their success rate higher when using coni pans? I'm a blind setter but because of moderate success using baited cubbies late last season, I'm going to set a few more this season. I'm thinking that there may be less refusals using a pan on the 120s.Anybody have suggestions regarding which type of pans? Are the refusal rates less? Any advice or experience is appreciated.....
Posted By: bctomcat

Re: coni pans - 10/17/18 01:55 AM

What species are you targeting?

Re: coni pans - 10/17/18 10:27 AM

Mink
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: coni pans - 10/17/18 10:29 AM

the metal ones sold as barkers mink pans jumped my martin catch quite a bit. ive not caught a dozen mink my whole life and those by accident. no clue how mink act around them
Posted By: bctomcat

Re: coni pans - 10/17/18 02:45 PM

Coni pans are the ideal for trapping mink in baited boxes. In my experience they should be recessed deep in to the box close to the bait for best results. While working the bait in a 14” plus long box with log spring slots the animal will be correctly oriented to the trap, stable, not moving through the trap and will be standing with front feet on a pan trigger or tripping the trigger with its head while working the bait. As far as for blind sets no, as they may often jump over the pan. I prefer wood or corrugated plastic pans in freezing conditions.

Re: coni pans - 10/17/18 03:20 PM

Thank you bctomcat- that is very helpful information.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums