Home

Alaska: The last frontier.

Posted By: elkaholic

Alaska: The last frontier. - 10/18/18 09:02 AM

I'm not much into reality shows, but at 3 am there's not much else on except infomercials for pyrex.

But anywho, I'm watching an episode this morning and in it AtzLee Sr. is out hunting with his daughter-in-law, and Eivin is hunting with his wife. In both cases the women pulled up their guns and sighted thru the scope with omr eye. Then the next shot of them is with the gun on the opposite shoulder. Eivin's wife actually shot after moving the side her gun was on. Atzlee's DIL never shot, but every shot of her had the gun on a different shoulder.

Also I've never put my eyes that far away from the scope. Eivin's wife was darn near at the end of the stock.

Does anyone else hold their gun that far back?
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: Alaska: The last frontier. - 10/18/18 09:07 AM

lol she got a bad scope eye couple years back she will never have her eye close again

Re: Alaska: The last frontier. - 10/18/18 09:13 AM

Originally Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren
lol she got a bad scope eye couple years back she will never have her eye close again

Well that would probably clear me from getting close again too. I've gotten tapped a time or 40 but never anything more than a little scrape.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Alaska: The last frontier. - 10/18/18 12:57 PM

I watch that show some, never noticed...now I'll have to watch for it.
Posted By: racerboy108

Re: Alaska: The last frontier. - 10/18/18 01:33 PM

I don't think there is anyone on that show that can shoot. They are only doing it for the script.

Stupid sells.
Posted By: The Beav

Re: Alaska: The last frontier. - 10/18/18 01:36 PM

Nobody would do those stupid things unless they were getting paid to do It.

Re: Alaska: The last frontier. - 10/18/18 02:46 PM

racer it always amazes me watching shows with people shooting and how horrible their posture is. Half of them look like a kid with a bb gun with a stock that's too long for them.
Posted By: nt2

Re: Alaska: The last frontier. - 10/18/18 04:33 PM

After seeing their ability with guns, I have decided they are only a notch above the group in Brown town.
Posted By: KenaiKid

Re: Alaska: The last frontier. - 10/18/18 05:39 PM

You’re watching fictional TV programming, just like Hawaii 5-0 or Seinfeld or any other show. I don’t even bother complaining about the realism in Hollywood gun handling.
Posted By: gryhkl

Re: Alaska: The last frontier. - 10/18/18 08:43 PM

I like Eve and Jewel
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: Alaska: The last frontier. - 10/18/18 08:54 PM

Jewel = big time bunny hugger. Not sure how she fits in with the rest of the family.

And did you know that Otto's wife doesn't eat meat. ,!!
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Alaska: The last frontier. - 10/18/18 09:31 PM

I enjoy watching the Kilchers.

Why you all got to be so nasty about everything? laugh Can't you just watch it for the entertainment value, instead of nit-picking every little thing? Some of you probably even make fun of professional wrestling.
Posted By: Lazarus

Re: Alaska: The last frontier. - 10/18/18 09:39 PM

Originally Posted By: ~ADC~
Some of you probably even make fun of professional wrestling.

Wait, why would someone make fun of professional wrestling??? :-)

I'm going to call WWE today and offer my services as a lawyer to represent professional wrestling against MLB. Have you ever watched the benches clear in an MLB game? Biggest hype there is . . . and no one ever throws a punch. I think the WWE has grounds to sue the MLB over copyright infringement. WWE started fake violence and over the passage of time, certainly has the right to claim they are the first and best at it, but I dunno. You watch a couple of baseball "brawls," and you get the idea the MLB has one-upped the WWE.
Posted By: ShawneeMan

Re: Alaska: The last frontier. - 10/18/18 09:48 PM

Originally Posted By: The Beav
Nobody would do those stupid things unless they were getting paid to do It.

Beat me to it.
Yeah - everything turns into a crisis!
Posted By: seniortrap

Re: Alaska: The last frontier. - 10/18/18 10:33 PM

How about that Sue?

"Everything is going to eat me"! crazy

Re: Alaska: The last frontier. - 10/18/18 11:33 PM

Originally Posted By: ~ADC~
I enjoy watching the Kilchers.

Why you all got to be so nasty about everything? laugh Can't you just watch it for the entertainment value, instead of nit-picking every little thing? Some of you probably even make fun of professional wrestling.

I can't watch pro wrestling in my house. My wife sits there the whole show going "That ain't fair. Why do they let him get away with that? He's such a cheater."

One of these days I'm going to roll my eyes so hard at her they're going to get stuck looking backwards.
Posted By: Miley

Re: Alaska: The last frontier. - 10/18/18 11:36 PM

Originally Posted By: seniortrap
How about that Sue?

. Pretty good bet that nothing has , or will ever eat Sue........
Posted By: Getting There

Re: Alaska: The last frontier. - 10/18/18 11:40 PM

I was watching the show The Last Alaskans, the guy was crossing a river being very careful, using a spud every step. Had his dog stay back. He was saying how dangers it was. The camera back and there was a great big bridge with car's crossing it. Woops LOL

Re: Alaska: The last frontier. - 10/18/18 11:48 PM

How about that Sue?

Wrong show-Sue is on life below zero.

Re: Alaska: The last frontier. - 10/19/18 12:21 AM

Originally Posted By: gryhkl
How about that Sue?

Wrong show-Sue is on life below zero.

Thank goodness she's not on both shows!

Re: Alaska: The last frontier. - 10/19/18 12:25 AM

I heard they were going to give her the boot. But she threatened to sue them over the snow machine incident. So they kept her on.
Posted By: 52Carl

Re: Alaska: The last frontier. - 10/19/18 01:14 AM

The Kilchers might want to think that they supplement their food source by hunting and fishing, but my bet is that they eat a lot of beef and whatever is for sale in the Super Walmart just over the other side of the hill where they live.
Their lack of shooting technique says a lot about that.
I'll bet deceased grandpa Kilcher was the real deal.
Posted By: Moosetrot

Re: Alaska: The last frontier. - 10/19/18 01:31 AM

I met Grandpa Kilcher in 1981. I used his homestead for a basecamp for 3 months while climbing in the Kenai Range. Would kayak across Kachemak Bay.

Yeah, I think he was the real deal. Hard working son of a gun. He played hard too. I have pictures of him rolling around the yard inside a round stock feeder he had modified with handles on the inside. It was a real hoot to watch. He'd eat puschki and nettles. I remember him dancing with girls at Alice's Champagne Palace in Homer.

Really fun and it brings back memories for me when I watch the show. I slept a couple nights in that octagon structure. He called it the Yoga or Meditation House back then. It was a nice break from the tent for sure.

Moosetrot

Re: Alaska: The last frontier. - 10/19/18 01:34 AM

Originally Posted By: Moosetrot
I met Grandpa Kilcher in 1981. I used his homestead for a basecamp for 3 months while climbing in the Kenai Range. Would kayak across Kachemak Bay.

Yeah, I think he was the real deal. Hard working son of a gun. He played hard too. I have pictures of him rolling around the yard inside a round stock feeder he had modified with handles on the inside. It was a real hoot to watch. He'd eat puschki and nettles. I remember him dancing with girls at Alice's Champagne Palace in Homer.

Really fun and it brings back memories for me when I watch the show. I slept a couple nights in that octagon structure. He called it the Yoga or Meditation House back then. It was a nice break from the tent for sure.

Moosetrot

Well THAT is cool!
Posted By: Pasadena

Re: Alaska: The last frontier. - 10/19/18 02:49 AM

Originally Posted By: The Beav
I heard they were going to give her the boot. But she threatened to sue them over the snow machine incident. So they kept her on.

I thought the story was she was going to sue because she said she was deprived medical attention from the accident and then figured out she would be kicked off the show if she sued and decided not to.

Re: Alaska: The last frontier. - 10/19/18 04:22 AM

Originally Posted By: ShawneeMan

Moosetrot

Well THAT is cool!
That is cool!
Posted By: grapestomper

Re: Alaska: The last frontier. - 10/19/18 01:54 PM

We were in Homer about a month ago and decided to look for the Kilcher Homestead.
We looked it up on google maps and took off.
It is not that far out of Homer. Someone was paving the road to the kilcher houses the day we were there.
They are just down the road from a small golf course.
Plenty of neighbors around them to.
Posted By: Spek Jones

Re: Alaska: The last frontier. - 10/19/18 04:49 PM

Grapestomper, they were not paving the road. That's a Kenai peninsula Borough maintained road and they were just doing an upgrade on it. Widened it out, put in new culverts, better ditch drainage, and about a foot lift of gravel on it. Still just a gravel road, no pavement on it. But yeah, things are not exactly as portrayed on TV,
lol.

Atz, Otto, and all their siblings, did see some hard times growing up there in the '50's and 60's, as did homestead families all over Alaska during that time.
Posted By: jk

Re: Alaska: The last frontier. - 10/19/18 05:00 PM

You guys burst my bubble.....jk

Re: Alaska: The last frontier. - 10/19/18 05:53 PM

With a couple million net worth each family...their lifestyle portrayed is a glorified hobby, almost a vacation. Yeah, I'm a little bit jealous Hahaha! I don't blame them that much.
Posted By: snowy

Re: Alaska: The last frontier. - 10/19/18 06:03 PM

Moosetrot

That is very interesting would of loved to explore the Kenai Range.

Re: Alaska: The last frontier. - 10/19/18 06:26 PM

I can't believe there Is a once of fat on any of those cows. That's all they do Is drive them from one point to the next point and It's on every episode. LOL
Posted By: grapestomper

Re: Alaska: The last frontier. - 10/19/18 08:49 PM

ok, upgrade to road. They are one of my favorite shows to watch on tv.
I am sure it was no piece of cake there early on.
Posted By: backroadsarcher

Re: Alaska: The last frontier. - 10/20/18 11:31 AM

yep I am always asking why when I am watching that show. But I do like the scenery they show. Otto can be funny quite often.

Re: Alaska: The last frontier. - 10/20/18 07:52 PM

It's a lot better than most of what is on tv.
Posted By: 52Carl

Re: Alaska: The last frontier. - 10/21/18 01:34 AM

I now a dairy farming family around me who are just like the Kilchers. They grew up during hard times, but while times aren't as hard as they used to be, they still have all of their upstanding morale values intact.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums