Home

storm brewin

Posted By: west river rogue

storm brewin - 10/20/18 10:17 PM

winds are big and temps droppin,,winter storms a coming i think..If it rains more and drops it will be snow
Posted By: pcr2

Re: storm brewin - 10/20/18 10:19 PM

thunder and lightning here and a possible tornadoe an hour north a little while ago. crazy

Re: storm brewin - 10/20/18 10:20 PM

i was outside tuning traps n splittin ash with maul....

Re: storm brewin - 10/20/18 10:35 PM

cooking spagetti n meatballs for our dinner
Posted By: pcr2

Re: storm brewin - 10/20/18 10:55 PM

wife went out to dinner with her mom and i'm whippin up a good ol chef boyardee pizza. grin
Posted By: gryhkl

Re: storm brewin - 10/20/18 11:00 PM

I just got to the house from hunting an oak flat a on our hill behind the house.
I walked out of the house with my jacket unzipped and still broke a sweat climbing the hill and using my climber to get up the tree. Within an hour and a half the wind was blowing hard, there was thunder and lightning in the distance, and by the time I decided to give it up, temps had dropped to 39 degrees and a cold rain with sleet was falling.

Nice to be back in a warm house with a cup of coffe in my hand. ....I did get to watch a decent buck rub a tree and more than a dozen turkeys roost in some oaks along the edge of the bench 30 yards in front of me. Life is good. smile
Posted By: Catch22

Re: storm brewin - 10/20/18 11:08 PM

Originally Posted By: west river rogue
winds are big and temps droppin,,winter storms a coming i think..If it rains more and drops it will be snow

Boo hoo hoo, whatever lol!

Re: storm brewin - 10/20/18 11:13 PM

brilliant
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: storm brewin - 10/21/18 12:01 PM

Originally Posted By: pcr2
"...... whippin up a good ol chef boyardee pizza. grin

When I was a wee lad I ate my weight of those things each summer (was the only thing my older sister could cook that was edible).

lol

They are nasty.

Re: storm brewin - 10/21/18 12:08 PM

Originally Posted By: HobbieTrapper
Originally Posted By: pcr2
"...... whippin up a good ol chef boyardee pizza. grin

When I was a wee lad I ate my weight of those things each summer (was the only thing my older sister could cook that was edible).

lol

They are nasty.
when i was a kid its about all we had
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: storm brewin - 10/21/18 01:42 PM

24 and stable here...should be in the low 50's this week.

Re: storm brewin - 10/21/18 01:50 PM

Originally Posted By: 330-Trapper
24 and stable here...should be in the low 50's this week.
storm blew by,,same temps as u
Posted By: adam m

Re: storm brewin - 10/21/18 01:56 PM

Sounds like our storm last week almost 2 full days of 40+ mph winds gusts at 65 mph rain and snow

Re: storm brewin - 10/21/18 02:00 PM

Originally Posted By: adam m
Sounds like our storm last week almost 2 full days of 40+ mph winds gusts at 65 mph rain and snow
started that way adam.I thought maybe it was that one out of kansas but it died off during the night
Posted By: KeithC

Re: storm brewin - 10/21/18 05:07 PM

The storm blew over 4 40 some inch diameter ash trees in my Mother's yard yesterday. Ash trees exploded all over, making a huge mess. Some branches 6' to 8' long fell with enough force, that they drove into the ground and are standing up right like fence posts. I had to move branches in her driveway to drive up to her house . I ran the fastest I have in many years, when the huge ash tree, that dropped most of the branches, made a loud cracking noise, like thunder.

Keith

Re: storm brewin - 10/21/18 11:59 PM

looks like it curled a shingle or two on my roof keith
© 2024 Trapperman Forums