Home

Lynx movement study

Posted By: muskrat411

Lynx movement study - 10/22/18 05:33 PM

Hey Cheickenminer were you involved in the Alaska lynx movement study. www.instagram.com/thelynxproject/
Thanks for sending all your lynx over. they went a little too far south and east for me but its cool they made it all the way into the NWT. Best place to be anyways. They are far enough away from Fort Good hope but close to Colville Lake. Im amazed at how far they travelled. the one from Gelena seems to be heading towards me.
Posted By: LAtrapper

Re: Lynx movement study - 10/22/18 06:45 PM

muskrat411- Are you referring the study shown in the below link? If so, it may be easier for folks like me that don’t use Instagram.com, to read.

Alaska Fish & Wildlife News January 2017- http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm?adfg=wildlifenews.view_article&articles_id=807

Re: Lynx movement study - 10/22/18 09:55 PM

No this is a different program. I don't use instagram either I got this e-mailed to me. I don't have permittion to post stuff from it but the movement data maps are really interesting. They tagged the lynx in Chickenminers part of Alaska and they ended up south east of me in the Northwest Territories. Ill look through and see if I can find a better link.

Re: Lynx movement study - 10/22/18 09:58 PM

The University of Alaska Fairbanks is the primary sponsor so you can probably find it on there site. Have you tried just entering the link I put in LA?
Posted By: 3 Fingers

Re: Lynx movement study - 10/22/18 10:07 PM

Link doesn’t work for me either, but I talked briefly to a trapper friend recently who is involved in the Galena (Koyukuk Refuge) part. What I found interesting is that the collars only weigh about 7 ounces and battery life is 1-2 years. Also, they captured the lynx with Fremont foot snares he said worked as well if not better than foot traps. Sounds like Tetlin Refuge and maybe?? Yukon Flats also involved.

Re: Lynx movement study - 10/22/18 10:13 PM

Try it again I had a space in there that was not suppose to be there. It does not have the fact sheet but there are some really interesting pictures.
Posted By: Rusty Newhouse

Re: Lynx movement study - 10/22/18 10:29 PM

There is some Info from the Yukon Flats on this link:

https://www.fws.gov/refuge/Yukon_Flats/gallery/lynx_project.html#
Posted By: mainer

Re: Lynx movement study - 10/23/18 12:44 AM

muskrat, thanks for sharing this. The photography is fantastic, and the video clips were fun...coyote with a mouthful of snowshoe hare.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums