Home

#3 northwoods DLS

Posted By: rodneyb

#3 northwoods DLS - 10/22/18 07:53 PM

Recently while looking thru an antique shop,I ran across a Northwoods #3 dls trap,of course he had a collector price on the trap.I rarely see any at conventions, so in there day were these traps a good piece of coyote hard ware or just not that many manufactured ?
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: #3 northwoods DLS - 10/22/18 07:58 PM

There are a few Trappers I know that will buy every # 3 double they find - if in good condition and fairly priced.

Northwoods was primarily known for coil spring traps. The long springs they made were limited supply. Not only the 3s but the 2s as well. The # 1 and # 1 1/2 are a bit more common but still sell for a good price when you find them.
Posted By: backroadsarcher

Re: #3 northwoods DLS - 10/22/18 11:57 PM

If you are looking for some put a post on trap shed. There are a few people that have them and might part with some.
Posted By: MChewk

Re: #3 northwoods DLS - 10/23/18 07:42 AM

Rodney, it was/is a good trap...one of the first dbls with an adjustable pan.
Posted By: RdFx

Re: #3 northwoods DLS - 10/23/18 08:53 AM

good trap, i have a few dozen and use them regularly.
Posted By: jabNE

Re: #3 northwoods DLS - 10/23/18 10:19 AM

They were great, had adjustable pans and better built than the Victor's in some of the Victor models runs.
Used a lot of Northwoods #2s longs for coyotes, and some #3 longs too
Really hard to find them today.
Jim
Posted By: DiggerDale

Re: #3 northwoods DLS - 10/23/18 10:57 AM

In my younger day I had a few of the 2 1/2s that I carried for otter when rat trapping. But the springs were too stout and eventually I traded them off and got 2 1/2 Blake & Lambs.
Posted By: mike mc murray

Re: #3 northwoods DLS - 10/23/18 01:14 PM

Alot of cat trappers out here in the west like them for cats
Posted By: YamaCat

Re: #3 northwoods DLS - 10/23/18 01:24 PM

Excellent trap after a whole bunch of tweaking and filing when new. At least the 2 dozen that I owned.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums