Home

Beaver floats

Posted By: snowy

Beaver floats - 10/23/18 11:09 AM

Do any of you guys use beaver floats. I'm looking for an easy simple design. What do you use for attraction and any tips or tricks that you would share.

I have any unusual place that I would like to trap some beaver but the banks are very steep and hard to get down. I would like to use floats and think it would be the best option for this scenario.

Any pictures and tips/tricks would be appreciated.
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Beaver floats - 10/23/18 11:55 AM

heck with beaver,with all the rain anyone know how to make a canine float?? grin
Posted By: BvrRtrvr

Re: Beaver floats - 10/23/18 05:23 PM

You might want to look in the Archives. I remember seeing quite a few good designs in there a few years ago.

Re: Beaver floats - 10/23/18 05:33 PM

I did and found one thread on it. It had some information just thought a fresh thread might bring in some different ideas.

Thanks for your help.
Posted By: Cathouse Jim

Re: Beaver floats - 10/23/18 05:36 PM

I have some pics of beaver floats from the Sept Rendezvous, did you happen to see those?

Re: Beaver floats - 10/23/18 10:24 PM

I didn't I built a smaller two 330 float set today. I will take a picture of it and post it. I did check it floats well with 330'2 attached on each end. I need to put some sides on it or a light tin cover to keep them from coming from the sides.

Thanks Cathouse Jim if you had a picture and if you can try posting it.
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Beaver floats - 10/23/18 10:28 PM

One beaver and two scoops of ice cream.
Posted By: Jurassic Park

Re: Beaver floats - 10/24/18 02:10 AM

Originally Posted By: pcr2
heck with beaver,with all the rain anyone know how to make a canine float?? grin

Ok that was pretty funny.
Posted By: Cathouse Jim

Re: Beaver floats - 10/24/18 05:28 PM

Snowy, this was from Dave Wallace's demo. I don't know anything about the float other then it caught my eye and I snapped a picture of it.

Posted By: jeff karsten

Re: Beaver floats - 10/24/18 07:10 PM

I've just used them in the spring but they work well I place mine in brush or cattails snip out an opening for the float eliminates side crawlers drive a nail up through the front carry precut pieces of popple drilled on the bottom for nail 1/2 in hole drilled through for lure I use a strip of rubber belting cut narrow enough to slip the springs over the turn sideways this allows me to move the springs a little to adjust the trap depth depending how the float floats 1/2 of the trap works bend my triggers in a T so they are submerged
© 2024 Trapperman Forums