Home

Trap Tags

Posted By: Wild_Idaho

Trap Tags - 11/04/18 10:59 PM

Talk to me about trap tags.... I went cheap last year and bought those aluminum ones you etch your trapper # into and roll 'em up somewhere on the trap... Well as it turns out they are illegible after about months of use... So what are we using for trap tags that don't need replaced every time the wind changes directions.
Posted By: The Possum Man

Re: Trap Tags - 11/04/18 11:02 PM

stamped copper tags. can find them on about any trapping supply site and i think at least one person on here may make some. I need to make another order myself. Coyotes have chewed off about 100 of mine. I learned to put them on the last swivel near the anchor. Any closer to the trap and they go missing often.
Posted By: ShawneeMan

Re: Trap Tags - 11/04/18 11:02 PM

Funke Trap Tags...

https://www.funketraptags.com/
Posted By: DelawareRob

Re: Trap Tags - 11/04/18 11:05 PM

Originally Posted By: ShawneeMan

This!
Posted By: Rustur

Re: Trap Tags - 11/04/18 11:08 PM

Originally Posted By: The Possum Man
stamped copper tags. can find them on about any trapping supply site and i think at least one person on here may make some. I need to make another order myself. Coyotes have chewed off about 100 of mine. I learned to put them on the last swivel near the anchor. Any closer to the trap and they go missing often.

What he said, I have the stamped copper tags and they are great and can be found easily on trapping supply stores and eBay. And I can vouch that trying to attach them somewhere they won’t get chewed is a great idea. I’ve lost a few but if they don’t get chewed up they will last a long time.
Posted By: PineDoggin

Re: Trap Tags - 11/04/18 11:09 PM

I just got some from Finch for the first time and they are a high quality with great stamping. Plan on ordering more this week from him. http://www.traptags.com/
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Trap Tags - 11/04/18 11:10 PM

Stick with the copper tags...they roll up nicer than the Brass ones
Posted By: jabNE

Re: Trap Tags - 11/04/18 11:53 PM

Copper and if you can find the two hole tags it make your own second hole, try riveting them to bottom of the trap frame. That part of the trap faces away from the animal after caught (bottom of frame) and I haven't had one chewed off if I put them there in many, many years. I have a bunch too that I rolled around the chain and sometimes those get pretty chewed up.
Jim
Posted By: caldwellite

Re: Trap Tags - 11/05/18 04:18 AM

Larry Finch. I usually get them 2 day after I order. Tags have to be on the chain in Idaho, and the round corners are nice for rolling them on the chain
Posted By: lcd

Re: Trap Tags - 11/05/18 03:20 PM

Originally Posted By: DelawareRob

This!

GREAT!
Posted By: BBarnes

Re: Trap Tags - 11/05/18 04:03 PM

Good people and excellent service.

B
Posted By: eastwood44mag

Re: Trap Tags - 02/26/19 02:32 AM

Anyone know if Larry is still in business? His website is no longer active.
Posted By: gdccowboy

Re: Trap Tags - 02/26/19 02:35 AM

Originally Posted by The Possum Man

X2
Posted By: 3togo

Re: Trap Tags - 02/26/19 02:36 AM

I've been satisfied with the copper tags from F&T. They have chamfered corners.
Posted By: DelawareRob

Re: Trap Tags - 02/26/19 02:36 AM

Maybe he forgot to renew his site?
Posted By: eastwood44mag

Re: Trap Tags - 02/26/19 02:40 AM

Originally Posted by DelawareRob
Maybe he forgot to renew his site?

Hope that's all it is. I'll try calling him during regular hours.
Posted By: 10bands

Re: Trap Tags - 02/26/19 03:21 AM

I usually get mine from FnT. Add a hundred to whatever else I'm ordering. Theirs are the heavier duty type. Thicker than some and with rounded corners.
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: Trap Tags - 02/26/19 03:37 AM

Originally Posted by eastwood44mag
Anyone know if Larry is still in business? His website is no longer active.

I got the same result last week when I tried to order.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums