Home

I named my homemade lure

Posted By: Ryan McLeod

I named my homemade lure - 11/05/18 08:53 PM

A potent mix of aged beluga oil and beaver castors this stuff will bring in everything from rabbits to polar bear, from mice to moose. Do not inhale directly as you will instantly be “nosehairless”. I was reluctant to open the lid last week but I did. Once I regained consciousness I had a look and seen that The castors soaked up the oil and they were swelled up and sitting in clear liquid. A good stir and it became a shiny brown/ gold paste as the clear liquid mixed up with the castor which fell apart similar to a boiled egg yolk. Wowzers! Once the air hit that stuff I felt like I released the kraken. It will now be called “kraken” and I will start experimenting with a third ingredient in small batches. Thinking a small shot of skunk or Vick’s will be interesting. Nothing says merry Christmas to my trapping friends like a jar of “kraken”
Not sure if there’s already a kraken lure on the market but that’s what popped into my head as I carefully opened the lid last week. Got some castors for another batch and a friend of mine is dropping off some oil that has passed its expiry date later on today. It’s not rotten. It’s strong and sweet I guess if I had to describe it
Posted By: bad karma

Re: I named my homemade lure - 11/05/18 11:58 PM

How do you make the whale oil ? Rotted or rendered ? Wish we could have some here but it is a federal offense for us.
Posted By: tomahawker

Re: I named my homemade lure - 11/06/18 12:11 AM

I was fully prepared to not like the name and make my own suggestions...butttt, it’s pretty good
Posted By: Osky

Re: I named my homemade lure - 11/06/18 12:32 AM

I like it!

Osky
Posted By: mainer

Re: I named my homemade lure - 11/06/18 01:17 AM

That's an awesome name. Let's hope the lure lives up to it...been looking for a lure I can use on my mice, moose, and polar bear lines.
Posted By: 52Carl

Re: I named my homemade lure - 11/06/18 01:18 AM

Kraken. That's awesome. The Portuguese translation would roughly be maggot gagger. The Aleutian translation would be "Whale's Vagina". (No wait, that would be the translation of San Diego.)
Kraken is a more pleasant word without losing the punch of the ferocity of the product.

r:
El Diablo
Posted By: 3 Fingers

Re: I named my homemade lure - 11/06/18 01:25 AM

Great name. Not sure if I’d wanna use something that would attract polar bears, moose, mice and rabbits. :-). Must be good stuff!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums