Home

goose barbeque reicpe

Posted By: Mississippi

goose barbeque reicpe - 11/05/18 09:25 PM

I had a mouth watering recipe and we have lost it. Anyone got a good one to share. I mainly use Canada geese.
Posted By: gcs

Re: goose barbeque reicpe - 11/05/18 11:18 PM

The only way Ive ever made them edible was to make goose pastrami out of them. ...Honest dash food.net sorry, my dash wont work
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: goose barbeque reicpe - 11/05/18 11:31 PM

I put a dry rub on them an let sit for a while 4 hours an bbq med. rare to med.
Posted By: jctunnelrat

Re: goose barbeque reicpe - 11/06/18 01:09 AM

Harvest them in the morning. after cleaning out all entrails, soak in milk for four to six hours makes great coyote bait. smile

Seriously, keep the breast meat (only). do soak in butter milk, fire up the grill and get it hot. use peanut oil or canola oil on the grill grates so the meat doesn't stick. Don't cook for too long the bird will dry out.
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: goose barbeque reicpe - 11/06/18 01:22 AM

Take boneless goose breast and slice it into long thin slices as if you were going to make jerky.Then take sea scallops(not them dinky bay scallops) and wrap a piece of thin sliced goose meat around a scallop,then wrap a piece of bacon around that.Hold together with a toothpick or what I do is slide it on to a shishcabob skewer.Keep making those,then marinate them in Italian salad dressing and some worstershire sauce for an hour.Then on the grill.YUMMY.The goose meat tastes like steak when you do them like that.
Posted By: Chuckles84

Re: goose barbeque reicpe - 11/06/18 01:34 AM

Ingredients:

1 goose breast

1 bottle barbecue sauces

Directions:

1. Throw goose breast on carcass pile

2. Put barbecue sauce in refrigerator.

3. Order a pizza
Posted By: handitrapper

Re: goose barbeque reicpe - 11/06/18 02:05 AM

2 boneless, skinless goose breast. Put in slow cooker/ crock pot
Add; 1 whole sliced onion
2 Tablespoons chili powder
2 tablespoons worsestershire sauce
Cover with chicken or beef broth and cook for 4-6 hours on med.
Take breasts from cooker and shred apart with a couple of forks
Put meat in large pot with the onions and 1 cup of the stock on stove, low heat.
Add 1 cup molasses and as much barbecue sauce as to your liking.
Cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes.

Makes great bbq sandwiches
Posted By: Wild_Idaho

Re: goose barbeque reicpe - 11/06/18 02:36 AM

My standby for honkers is pulled goose sammiches. Use your favorite pulled pork recipe just sub goose for pork. Comes out incredible every time. I never had much luck grilling honkers. Came out tougher than a rubber boot.
Posted By: Zim

Re: goose barbeque reicpe - 11/06/18 02:50 AM

If you have taken proper care of the goose after shooting here is a recipe that I like.

Rub salt and pepper inside and out of the goose.
Stuff the cavity full of cut up apples and sauerkraut.
Add a can of chicken stock and put in a covered roasting pan in the oven at 275 degrees for 3 hours.
Baste with the stock every half hour or so.

Zim
Posted By: mutt

Re: goose barbeque reicpe - 11/06/18 07:31 PM

Cook it 4-6hrs in a slow cooker with cola or cherry cola. Pull goose(or duck) shred. Dump cola, put goose back in slow cooker, add sweet baby ray bbq, couple dashes of liquid smoke, and season(salt, onion powder, garlic powder,and paprika). Warm it all back up and its ready for a bun or bread.
Posted By: fishnhunts

Re: goose barbeque reicpe - 11/06/18 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by Wild_Idaho
My standby for honkers is pulled goose sammiches. Use your favorite pulled pork recipe just sub goose for pork. Comes out incredible every time. I never had much luck grilling honkers. Came out tougher than a rubber boot.

This is what I do. 4 hours on high in the crock pot with a small amount of apple cider vinegar and pepper, garlic, onion etc to taste. Drain water, pull, and mix with favorite sauce.
Posted By: Mississippi

Re: goose barbeque reicpe - 11/09/18 08:34 PM

2 boneless, skinless goose breast. Put in slow cooker/ crock pot
Add; 1 whole sliced onion
2 Tablespoons chili powder
2 tablespoons worsestershire sauce
Cover with chicken or beef broth and cook for 4-6 hours on med.
Take breasts from cooker and shred apart with a couple of forks
Put meat in large pot with the onions and 1 cup of the stock on stove, low heat.
Add 1 cup molasses and as much barbecue sauce as to your liking.
Cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes.

Makes great bbq sandwiches

yep this is what I was looking for thanks
Posted By: handitrapper

Re: goose barbeque reicpe - 11/09/18 10:01 PM

You’re thread inspired me. So I made a batch on Wednesday. Delicious:)

Took a good 6 hours in the slow cooker. If it doesn’t shred easily? Give a little longer.
Posted By: SundanceMtnMan

Re: goose barbeque reicpe - 11/10/18 02:24 AM

I quit hunting ducks and geese because I couldn't make them fit to eat. I don't really care for pizza but it is better than goose.
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: goose barbeque reicpe - 11/10/18 03:04 AM

Originally Posted by Chuckles84
Ingredients:

1 goose breast

1 bottle barbecue sauces

Directions:

1. Throw goose breast on carcass pile

2. Put barbecue sauce in refrigerator.

3. Order a pizza

My favorite way to prepare goose!

Mike
Posted By: Ole

Re: goose barbeque reicpe - 11/10/18 03:25 AM

I like to crock pot the breast with some water and Montreal steak seasoning. Cool it down and then grind it up with some onion. Then mix in some mayonnaise and salt and freeze portions. Makes great sandwich spread.
Posted By: Andy27

Re: goose barbeque reicpe - 11/10/18 03:28 AM

I like to give it to my neighbors..
Posted By: T-Rex

Re: goose barbeque reicpe - 11/10/18 06:00 AM

Stir fried quick and med rare in a cast iron wok. Besides jerky and/or sausage, the only way I'll eat it. Any attempt to roast bake or whatever only serves to toughen it up.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums