Home

confused...so politics is ok?

Posted By: Nativetrapper10

confused...so politics is ok? - 11/08/18 01:22 PM

says in big black letters no politics....but theres alot of it. just looking for clarification.
Posted By: pcr2

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/08/18 01:23 PM

fire up the popcorn maker,we got a live one. laugh
Posted By: Marty

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/08/18 01:24 PM

At least you realize that you are confused, that escapes many.... laugh

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/08/18 01:29 PM

honest answer--Paul,the owner,allows talk on the second amendment and may bend the rules at certain important times in world history.there is usually a very short leash on them though.sometimes it just depends on who sees them.you'll figure it out.not really but i tried.

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/08/18 01:30 PM

Ive made no reference to my own political beliefs. and i have no intention of doing so. its irrelevant. it just seems like if someone went out of there way to state no politics in the rules there was a reason for it. so is that reason no longer vaild? the best k9 trapper ive ever met, a man with 70 years on the line, is a staunch democrat. seems dumb to alienate someone like that just because he votes different...my two cents.

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/08/18 01:32 PM

he tried it and it didn't go well so he just said No Politics..and there is plenty o dem's on here,stick around and you'll see them.
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/08/18 01:41 PM

Can't always talk about money and morality without some politics. The boss has stated that he can not read every post. If one offends you, use the notify button and the mods will review the content.
Posted By: FlyinFinn

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/08/18 02:05 PM

There's always one...
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/08/18 02:14 PM

Never has the divide in ideas been so far apart, guess it's just clarification of the direction the Nation is going more then anything else it's more about the outcome down the road we all will have to live with!
Posted By: Muskrat

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/08/18 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by Nativetrapper10
. . . the best k9 trapper ive ever met, a man with 70 years on the line, is a staunch democrat. seems dumb to alienate someone like that just because he votes different...my two cents.

There's some boys on this forum that would rather have their daughter marry an anti-trapper so long as he was a Republican than throw a rope to a drowning trapper that revealed himself something other than a Republican.
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/08/18 02:37 PM

Why stir the pot man ?
Posted By: handitrapper

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/08/18 02:49 PM

If there’s a way around the “No Politics”? Maybe we can cheat on the “No Dispatch”? They kinda go hand in hand anyway. lol

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/08/18 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Muskrat
. . . the best k9 trapper ive ever met, a man with 70 years on the line, is a staunch democrat. seems dumb to alienate someone like that just because he votes different...my two cents.

There's some boys on this forum that would rather have their daughter marry an anti-trapper so long as he was a Republican than throw a rope to a drowning trapper that revealed himself something other than a Republican.

Thank you. smile
Posted By: Macthediver

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/08/18 03:02 PM

How about that foot ball game LMAO!

Mac

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/08/18 03:03 PM

not looking to stir the pot. everywhere all we see is nonsense about politics. non stop all day every day. its tearing our country apart. (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) is even in church. i like the idea of here everyone is just a trapper. men (or women) who prefer the solitude and quiet of the woods, or the mountains, or the prairies. we are so few all ready. why cause division with politics. our craft is honest, clean. lets not sully it with politics
Posted By: warrior

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/08/18 03:07 PM

Okay, the election is over go back to posting kitten pictures on Facebook and your regularly scheduled kardasian/bachelorette daily lives, nothing to see here.

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/08/18 03:15 PM

not looking to stir the pot. everywhere all we see is nonsense about politics. non stop all day every day. its tearing our country apart. (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) is even in church. i like the idea of here everyone is just a trapper. men (or women) who prefer the solitude and quiet of the woods, or the mountains, or the prairies. we are so few all ready. why cause division with politics. our craft is honest, clean. lets not sully it with politics

You'll not be shown much mercy under the Trap Talk forum Native Trapper. Combine low fur prices with the present (and no doubt future) political outlook, some of these boys are turning out like mean dogs.

Best stick to the Strictly Trapping forum and you should be okay.

The junkyard dogs tend to be bullies here.

Apologies.

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/08/18 03:17 PM

Mr Dobbins allows us to debate, believe me trappers need debating skills, as long as we are debating he seems fine with it. When it turns to insults and such is when it ends.
Posted By: Dirt

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/08/18 03:23 PM

Beats the heck out of looking at endless pictures of dead animals, or reading the same old newbie trapping questions.
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/08/18 03:24 PM

Or posts about green Bay and the Patriots
Posted By: Savell

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/08/18 03:28 PM

.....for your viewing pleasure Dirt lol ..and by the way, are 1 1/2 coilsprings good for coyotes ?

Attached picture 748DF447-0B14-435A-9FEC-D5A6B3E039EF.jpeg

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/08/18 03:29 PM

We could talk about Alabama football.
Posted By: Diggerman

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/08/18 03:32 PM

Doesn't this violate the "no dispatch" rule?

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/08/18 03:35 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/08/18 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by Savell
.....are 1 1/2 coilsprings good for coyotes ?

Yes, but you have to swap out the jaws for 5 1/2" ones, base plate, add 2 springs, 3 swivels, laminate, dye, wax and have your pastor bless them on the third Sunday of the month before season opens.

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/08/18 03:40 PM

A republican anti trapper would recognize that while he hates trapping for whatever reason he can't morally or legally prohibit it without the due process of law.
The democrat trapper would wonder why his congressman pushed him in the river.

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/08/18 03:41 PM

Better not be Dukes. Somebody got a trail cam picture? I love those. Especially if it is from a camera you stole.

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/08/18 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by warrior
A republican anti trapper would recognize that while he hates trapping for whatever reason he can't morally or legally prohibit it without the due process of law.

[Linked Image]

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/08/18 03:44 PM

Classic!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/08/18 03:57 PM

That's me. I told her I love her and to trust the lord. Never gut your baby, never bring a democrat home. I would rather her marry a Romney Republican that won't cram silly animal rights lies down the country's throat. Family's that pray together, stay together. We decided in 2008 to stop letting evil in the home knowingly. I understand this is my opinion. But I don't feel stained at all. If a democrat falls in the creek, maybe he should have chosen not to be a domestic terrorist.
Maybe my family deserves the opportunity to purchase some health insurance that isn't twice the mortgage payment.
Maybe not!
Posted By: Matt28

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/08/18 03:59 PM

Ive made no reference to my own political beliefs. and i have no intention of doing so. its irrelevant. it just seems like if someone went out of there way to state no politics in the rules there was a reason for it. so is that reason no longer vaild? the best k9 trapper ive ever met, a man with 70 years on the line, is a staunch democrat. seems dumb to alienate someone like that just because he votes different...my two cents.

Would this be called ridding the fence? So you can jump on what ever side you choose? I dont have a problem with Democrats, just there believes.
Posted By: handitrapper

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/08/18 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper
Mr Dobbins allows us to debate, believe me trappers need debating skills, as long as we are debating he seems fine with it. When it turns to insults and such is when it ends.

We don’t need debating skills. We need negotiating skills so we can get more money from our furs!
Posted By: Wright Brothers

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/08/18 04:34 PM

These same folks smoked in school too.
They are not bad guys, they just can't help it.

If someone would start a politico forum and invite everyone,
you could beat on each other 24/7.

And search out other rules to bend lol.

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/08/18 04:38 PM

no avoiding the profanity filter. grin

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/08/18 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by handitrapper

We don’t need debating skills. We need negotiating skills so we can get more money from our furs!

I'm More concerned with keeping the right to do it even if just for sport than I am the monetary value.

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/08/18 04:40 PM

what's this monetary value you speak of?
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/08/18 04:41 PM

I little bit of soft core politics helps identify the Anti's, Imposters, and fence riders
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/08/18 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by bowhunter27295

So is your k9 trapping friend not allowed to post on here?

Clarification: It's Paul's website and he allows what he wants. What I have noticed is he allows some steam to be blowed off after an election. With an international website, I would consider that to be good policy. He does nip it in the bud shortly after.

If you only want t oread about trapping, there is a trapping only thread. If you don't like the threads that may have a political bend to them, don't open them. If you don't like how Paul and the mods enforce the rules, there are a lot of other websites out there that talk about trapping, but to be honest, this website keeps politics in check better than almost all of them.

No offense intended. Just the facts since you are unfamiliar with the history of this website.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/08/18 05:09 PM

There's posts on here I don't open mostly because they don't interest me. If you find one that you don't like or are interested in, it's simple, don't open it. Works for me.
Posted By: PAskinner

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/08/18 06:14 PM

I like the Dead animals better than politics. They smell better.
Posted By: tjm

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/08/18 07:02 PM

There would be no dead animal pictures if not for politics. All the things we are free to do come out of politics. Every opinion you have is rooted in your politics, or determines your politics.
The only way to have a politics free discussion is to have no discussion.
One forum that I know of has kept politics well under control for years and now has an average of six posts a day.
What's for supper even will eventually come to vegans and carnivores disputing.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/08/18 07:11 PM

Native t, you say that politics are irrelevant here. I wish that were the case. I understand the political posts can get out of hand sometimes but there are still a few great points to glean from them.

Sad thing but politics are a big issue for hunters, trappers, 2nd amendment and so on. If we're not careful it will sneak up on us as it already has for to many states where the government is more concerned about the popular vote, not the right thing to do. Some days I like digging in on fighting the man posts, some days i skip them altogether.

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/08/18 07:12 PM

[Linked Image]

Here's a picture of a dead animal for Savell.
smile
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/08/18 07:42 PM

As someone else mentioned, you may be looking for the Strictly Trapping board. Trapping talk tends to be anything but, lol. A lot of us have been on here well over a decade now and we run out of things to talk about. So you'll see posts about fishing, broken furnaces, cooking, cutting wood, religion, sports, politics, poking fun at people, and once in a while even trapping. The strictly trapping board is ALL about trapping.
Posted By: hippie

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/08/18 07:45 PM

Well put

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/08/18 08:32 PM

Sports talk should be banned, or placed in a separate forum. Worse than religion or broke furnaces either one. Well, unless the sport is an atypical muskrat, or three headed mushroom.
Religious discussion is basically about politics and that runs rampant on some days. Or politics is based on/tied to religious views and the two become intermingled.
Posted By: snowy

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/08/18 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by tjm
Sports talk should be banned, or placed in a separate forum. Worse than religion or broke furnaces either one. Well, unless the sport is an atypical muskrat, or three headed mushroom.
Religious discussion is basically about politics and that runs rampant on some days. Or politics is based on/tied to religious views and the two become intermingled.

Agree!
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/08/18 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by tjm

See, I don't get that. If you don't want to read a sports post, don't. If you don't want to read a political post, don't. At least 80% of the threads on here, I never click on. Why is that so hard for people to do?
Posted By: Hal

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/08/18 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
See, I don't get that.

I assume there are a lot of things you don't get, like sunshine and fractions.
Posted By: Wright Brothers

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/08/18 08:53 PM

Antonio Brown got busted for doing 100 mph in his sports car, near the scene of a bank robbery.

I'm sure that is as useless to many as a lot of the stuff on here is to me. But I try and not complain.

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/08/18 08:58 PM

Same same- Sports post = political posts = don't look if you don't want to see > if we are to ban politics it follows that we should also ban ball-sports, ball-sports have people calling names quicker than politics. And politics are far more important to the future of trapping.
If I don't want to read political posts I don't have to open them, neither does the op or anyone else, so why ban any topic, it indicates that we are too immature to hold an adult conversation, at least in the mind of the ban setter.

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/08/18 09:02 PM

I can stand some talk about sports cars, that's a different deal. And bank robberies don't pay very well, I understand no money is kept in the vaults of several banks I helped build- hit the night depository, all the cash is there.
Posted By: Paul Dobbins

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/08/18 10:41 PM

If there’s a way around the “No Politics”? Maybe we can cheat on the “No Dispatch”? They kinda go hand in hand anyway. lol

Give it a whirl if you're feeling brave.

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/08/18 10:42 PM

here come da crickets.
Posted By: trapperkeck

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/08/18 10:44 PM

Rut Rho Rhagge
Posted By: Paul Dobbins

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/08/18 10:45 PM

The politics deal is a soft rule. I do give lee-way when elections happen as long as things stay civil. I'll delete the posts soon after. Civility is the key, and that's the reason for the rule. We tried a Politics forum, but it was too unruly to keep around.

No one gets banned for the politics rule, unless I give a warning and that warning isn't abided by.
Posted By: PAskinner

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/08/18 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by tjm
There would be no dead animal pictures if not for politics. All the things we are free to do come out of politics. Every opinion you have is rooted in your politics, or determines your politics.
The only way to have a politics free discussion is to have no discussion.
One forum that I know of has kept politics well under control for years and now has an average of six posts a day.
What's for supper even will eventually come to vegans and carnivores disputing.

I guess we have different definitions of politics.

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/08/18 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by Paul Dobbins

Give it a whirl if you're feeling brave.

smile smile smile smile

The man say: "Jump if you're feelin' froggy!"

smile smile smile smile
Posted By: Macthediver

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/08/18 11:15 PM

Got to look at the word break it down to it's root like Jethro would.. So it's Poly-tics.. Poly meaning many, Tics being blood sucking vermin... Seem like fits on out door type forum.. :-)

Mac
Posted By: brianmall

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/08/18 11:19 PM

says in big black letters no politics....but theres alot of it. just looking for clarification.

Lol

I bet someone made you open and read all of them!

Right?

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/08/18 11:24 PM

Don't worry

Some day it will be hate speech!

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/08/18 11:24 PM

The Internets the devil I tell you, it's got pictures of nekkid girls all over it!

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/08/18 11:31 PM

The Internets the devil I tell you, it's got pictures of nekkid girls all over it!

Well

I'd sooner let my kids talk religion and politics here than be subjected to half naked nieces!

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/08/18 11:31 PM

shocked

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/08/18 11:34 PM

Vote Librarian. laugh

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/08/18 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by pcr2
Vote Librarian. laugh

See

This is a good example of how to take criticism and other playful remarks! If I were like the communist who open threads on their own free will only to be offended by everything they don't understand and/or disagree with? I'd now ask Paul to delete the thread so that the opposing ideology and speech would be shut down.

But I don't! Because no body makes me come here and this is AMERICA. Not communist China where they are rewriting the Bible so that it will put the govt on a pedestal. Or where people disappear for disagreeing with the political party in control.

Don't worry, not to much longer and Paul won't have a choice but to tell Christians to shut up and only allow political propaganda from controlling party.

Especially if we self censor ourselves to death!

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/09/18 12:01 AM

Roll with the punches, get passionate, be willing to hear and learn, but stand your ground when you know your right!
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/09/18 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by Marty
At least you realize that you are confused, that escapes many.... laugh

lol
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/09/18 12:27 AM

Then there's the little dude with the big mouth...he can flame anybody all he wants and he's good to go!

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/09/18 12:31 AM

don't be so hard on yourself Gary.

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/09/18 12:56 AM

Growing up in Chicago they teach you right from wrong as you grow up then one day they tell you what to accept that is not right! LOL

We all had the same dream of people with a common interest sharing ideas and like thoughts at first, then it's clear that your back high school again after a while!
wink
Posted By: Zim

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/09/18 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by Macthediver
Got to look at the word break it down to it's root like Jethro would.. So it's Poly-tics.. Poly meaning many, Tics being blood sucking vermin... Seem like fits on out door type forum.. :-)

Mac

Mac, I've know'd ya a lotta years but never realized your in depth fillysofical approach to a subject. Your translation from old Latin is much appreciated.

lol, Zim
Posted By: star flakes

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/09/18 01:21 AM

This site runs well with how open the forum is, but then the trolls are weeded out. It would be impossible to keep a site like this up since trapping became a meal ticket for the few who discovered putting up misleading pictures, drew in huge donations, which filled their Wall Street portfolios, if not for the delete button. In my world online the trolls are paid and stalk nonstop as they are not interested in discourse. I had a great love as a child for politics. I relished sitting there as a 10 year old watching the first election returns. It was my live action football. Having been involved in too much of it now though, I no longer care for politics at all nor the people in it. In a way, that James O'Keefe who does undercover work exposing things, is one of the great trappers of the age. His variety is two legged critters and he does it very well.
The irony is in human psychology is even those who detest trapping, are engaged in just that in luring people in with ads or propaganda, just like a canine lure. It is the issue of it is right for them as in Facebook which bans numbers of people and wrong for you, because there was not a financial bribe involved to those in power. It always fascinated me in Ronald Reagan as President chose to inflate fur prices in a trade deal with South Korea, in order to create a real economic expansion in rural areas.. A feat never repeated, but it was the hey day of trapping. The nation was alive then every weekend with fur harvesters looking for an easy 100 dollars.
In the end I appreciate the lack of political ranting here, as I have to deal with too much of that daily. This is sort of an online coffee shop where you can relax in conversations other people are having as the world outside the door is rude, in the worst sort of protected rude.
Posted By: James

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/09/18 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by tjm
Same same- Sports post = political posts = don't look if you don't want to see > if we are to ban politics it follows that we should also ban ball-sports, ball-sports have people calling names quicker than politics. And politics are far more important to the future of trapping.
If I don't want to read political posts I don't have to open them, neither does the op or anyone else, so why ban any topic, it indicates that we are too immature to hold an adult conversation, at least in the mind of the ban setter.

"why ban any topic, it indicates that we are too immature to hold an adult conversation, at least in the mind of the ban setter."

In your statement lies the answer to your question, Grasshopper.

Jim

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/09/18 11:04 AM

alright, fair enough. as for the fence riding comment, Im not ashamed of my beliefs. not one bit. just didnt see a need to share them. but in the interest of not being a "fence rider". I am a lifelong trapper, a third generation. i am the 5th generation to run the family ranch, in the heart of indian country. i am an enrolled member and am a proud Lakota Sioux. so im a rancher, a hunter, a fisherman, a trapper, and yes, a democrat. but for all those who wont throw the rope to me should i be drowning, dont worry. even if i should come upon you broke down on the side of the road with trump 2020 stickers, and lockerup stickers plastering your tailgate, ill still give ya a lift into town, and ma will still give you a cup of coffee and a piece of pie. And should your pickup be a ford, and is so hopelessly broken it takes days to fix, you can stay with us. Im a christian first, then american, and the list goes on. democrat is way down there. have a good one folks. hit hit hard, the fur is ready.

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/09/18 11:07 AM

welcome aboard.it really is a great place you will find.

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/09/18 12:06 PM

alright, fair enough. as for the fence riding comment, Im not ashamed of my beliefs. not one bit. just didnt see a need to share them. but in the interest of not being a "fence rider". I am a lifelong trapper, a third generation. i am the 5th generation to run the family ranch, in the heart of indian country. i am an enrolled member and am a proud Lakota Sioux. so im a rancher, a hunter, a fisherman, a trapper, and yes, a democrat. but for all those who wont throw the rope to me should i be drowning, dont worry. even if i should come upon you broke down on the side of the road with trump 2020 stickers, and lockerup stickers plastering your tailgate, ill still give ya a lift into town, and ma will still give you a cup of coffee and a piece of pie. And should your pickup be a ford, and is so hopelessly broken it takes days to fix, you can stay with us. Im a christian first, then american, and the list goes on. democrat is way down there. have a good one folks. hit hit hard, the fur is ready.

Well said.

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/09/18 12:14 PM

Little heavy on the "identity politics " aren't you. (scratch my head) Christian democrat?
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/09/18 12:29 PM

Welcome Nativetrapper. You may be fairly close to me. Are you on the Rosebud?

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/09/18 01:02 PM

nope. lower brule. and as far as the insinuation that i am ignorantly and blindly following a party, ill politely disagree. there was no party friendly to american indians in those days. but those days are gone. and just because im a registered democrat, dont think that means i wholeheartedly support every single idea on the democratic platform. thats not so. i agree with 40% of one parties ideas, and 60% of the others. just makes sense id go with the 60 eh? im not going to debate my positions, just because i dont really think doing so has ever really changed anyones mind, just made em mad. dems havent done any wrong by me as far as ranching goes either. some years are good, some are bad. but thats the life we chose. i dont hate republicans, i married one. and i come from a pile of them. just have different priorities i suppose. thanks for all the welcomes
Posted By: bhugo

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/09/18 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by James
Originally Posted by tjm

"why ban any topic, it indicates that we are too immature to hold an adult conversation, at least in the mind of the ban setter."

In your statement lies the answer to your question, Grasshopper.

Jim

Yup

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/09/18 02:18 PM

Christian democrat
How Christian is the Antifa?
How Christian is abortion?
How Christian are laws valuing animals over humans?
How Christian is it to tax me out of my home?
All of the above are made possible and brought to you exclusively by the proud voters of the democrat party. It is your right to support any and all of these things, I respect that, just smile a little when you call your self a Christian.

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/09/18 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Diggerman
Christian democrat
How Christian is the Antifa?
How Christian is abortion?
How Christian are laws valuing animals over humans?
How Christian is it to tax me out of my home?
All of the above are made possible and brought to you exclusively by the proud voters of the democrat party. It is your right to support any and all of these things, I respect that, just smile a little when you call your self a Christian.

That's the 40% he doesn't support.

There's so much more, such as.....
Forced charity
Gay marriage
No borders
Stifling business
And........

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/09/18 02:27 PM

can't anybody throw rocks anymore.everyone has sold out somehow and so be it i guess as this isn't the 1600's anymore.we don't figure this out the aliens will just come and take us and it all away. whistle

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/09/18 02:30 PM

I'll take the aliens right now. They might make more sense.
Posted By: Matt28

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/09/18 02:32 PM

I would say there is some ranchers here who would claim democracy but that's because Obama made it to where they could file for drought relief and they got a ton of money for free. It's got so bad that some are driving brand new Polaris rangers with ac and heat that got payed for with the drought money. Democrats make it easier for dishonest people to be more dishonest. I could go on and on but dont think people must care. Why can't every one just work to get what they have and be proud of what they have earned?

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/09/18 02:33 PM

no "might" about it.

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/09/18 02:33 PM

Selling out is a conscious decision, no excuses.
confusion is ….. ah.... ah.... confusion.

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/09/18 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by Matt28
Why can't every one just work to get what they have and be proud of what they have earned?

Because wisdom and motivation isn't distributed equally and that's not fair.

Plus there is always the need to keep up with Jones.

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/09/18 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Matt28
Why can't every one just work to get what they have and be proud of what they have earned?

Because wisdom and motivation isn't distributed equally and that's not fair.

Plus there is always the need to keep up with Jones.

That is why I trap. Not for the money, wink

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/09/18 02:52 PM

lol

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/09/18 02:56 PM

In real life I never ask any person what their religion or political affiliation is it's just something I would not do mostly because it would not matter to me in any way, I either like people or I don't it's that simple, mostly that has to do with what we have in common really. I go to a family get together if a person that hunts is there that is my oasis then! LOL

Having spent the last 30 plus years dealing with people having problems I can catch a lot of tells of who's real and who is not rather quickly.

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/09/18 03:00 PM

(crickets), that what you get from democrats when you show them what they really stand for.
I think the real acid test for being a Democrat is if you can listen to , Nancy Pelosi, dick durbin, chuck shumer, Maxine waters, or elija cummings for 10 minutes without throwing up a little, you are in.

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/09/18 03:05 PM

Nativetrapper, just tell these guys you're a Librarian. They don't hate those as much.
Posted By: NvHermit

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/09/18 03:09 PM

For a bunch of tough trapper guys a few of you seem really emotional
Posted By: white17

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/09/18 03:10 PM

Sssssshhh !!!

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/09/18 03:15 PM

No body hates anyone here, Hate is a strong word. If I hated anyone I certainly wouldn't converse with them.
I do not understand them, so I ask. It is easy to understand libertarians. What they say is what they mean, no beating around the bush, no excuses, no sell outs ,not embarrassed about their stances. I don't agree with hem , But I understand them.
Posted By: l1ranger

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/09/18 03:38 PM

i dont talk politics, period - that way lies madness.
I dont do it in person and I dont do it on the internet - i am the same in person as I am on the internet.
my politics are just that - mine. I've met a lot of people that were otherwise decent folks, until they opened their pie-holes about their politics

I can't stand the "dont open it if you don't wanna read it" argument. Its a non-issue here, Paul and Company keep a very good handle on this place.
but other places/forums, that are outdoor sports forums, get overrun with - and the "don't open it" crowd gets old fast.
I dont want to have to wade through 99 political posts to find one post about anything semi related to whats at the top of the page, whether it be fishing, hunting, knives, shooting, or crochet.

I have no need to understand people that think differently than me - I'm pretty sure their parents raised them wrong grin

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/09/18 04:05 PM

We have an entire forum page dedicated to crochet. It needs a moderator if you're interested.

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/09/18 04:25 PM

i dont have the experience - still learning

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/09/18 04:26 PM

I understand !

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/09/18 04:28 PM

whats it pay?? grin

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/09/18 04:30 PM

All the yarn you can use. I can 'hook' you up !!

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/09/18 04:32 PM

Paul should change your Sunshine to Punshine

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/09/18 04:32 PM

Don't give him ideas !!

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/09/18 04:35 PM

yeah look under mine,caused by my own big mouth. shocked

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/09/18 04:40 PM

Another one of those "I don't agree with everything they say mostly conservative" until they give me a check voters.

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/09/18 04:42 PM

How easily conscience can be bought.

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/09/18 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by pcr2
yeah look under mine,caused by my own big mouth. shocked

Yeah. Maybe he can change yours to just Twerp . smile
Posted By: Catch22

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/09/18 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by NvHermit
For a bunch of tough trapper guys a few of you seem really emotional

That hurt my feelings, take it back.
Posted By: FlyinFinn

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/09/18 04:53 PM

I believe political discussion, especially with those you disagree with, is absolutely vital. If no discussion is had, no learning or changing takes place. People separate themselves into political herds and if left that way with no discussion for long- war ensues.
From my observation this place is about 75% filled with big Government Republicans. That's fine, they need discussion too. Just need to use smaller words. Haha

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/09/18 04:56 PM

I call and raise your 75% to 95%.

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/09/18 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by white17
We have an entire forum page dedicated to crochet. It needs a moderator if you're interested.

I nominate the windy ole fartbag. he can spin a yarn or two.

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/09/18 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by FlyinFinn
I believe political discussion, especially with those you disagree with, is absolutely vital. If no discussion is had, no learning or changing takes place. People separate themselves into political herds and if left that way with no discussion for long- war ensues.
From my observation this place is about 75% filled with big Government Republicans. That's fine, they need discussion too. Just need to use smaller words. Haha

You can use big words, just type real slow for me.

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/09/18 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by Dirt
I call and raise your 75% to 95%.

That would be an illegal double bet, you might as well splash the pot.

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/09/18 05:04 PM

you might as well splash the pot.

If you can't hit the pot, stand closer.

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/09/18 05:59 PM

we aim to please--you aim too please.

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/09/18 06:39 PM

I nominate the windy ole fartbag.

you're gonna have to be more specific

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/09/18 07:13 PM

Specifically , The "old windy fartbag".

Re: confused...so politics is ok? - 11/09/18 07:21 PM

It tickles me when you spell it right. I knew you cared.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums