Home

Defend this thin blue line.

Posted By: warrior

Defend this thin blue line. - 11/08/18 04:10 PM

https://www.scalawagmagazine.org/2018/11/louisiana-cash-register-justice/
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Defend this thin blue line. - 11/08/18 04:47 PM

And the cops wonder why everybody hates them!
Posted By: TDHP

Re: Defend this thin blue line. - 11/08/18 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by BigBob
And the cops wonder why everybody hates them!

"Bad cops" are like bad sportsmen, they're a dime a dozen.
Posted By: Aaron Proffitt

Re: Defend this thin blue line. - 11/08/18 10:45 PM

Didn't officers expose it ?
Posted By: TDHP

Re: Defend this thin blue line. - 11/08/18 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by Aaron Proffitt
Didn't officers expose it ?

That must've been the good guys who go out and try to do the right thing.
Posted By: tjm

Re: Defend this thin blue line. - 11/08/18 11:08 PM

After what, 10 years and only when threatened with job loss? Of course none of the surrounding towns or county, or state officers were unaware of this happening and they are sting out of it. On that scale it has to be common knowledge.

Re: Defend this thin blue line. - 11/08/18 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by tjm
After what, 10 years and only when threatened with job loss? Of course none of the surrounding towns or county, or state officers were unaware of this happening and they are sting out of it. On that scale it has to be common knowledge.

From my reading of it , the quota was in place but never used until about four years ago . Then it was challenged by officers.

Re: Defend this thin blue line. - 11/08/18 11:26 PM

So defend it not pick it apart. How many were arrested, have criminal records, lost jobs?
Posted By: The Possum Man

Re: Defend this thin blue line. - 11/08/18 11:36 PM

AT one point in my life i seriously considered becoming a cop. It seemed the only thing i was qualified for with my military job. I decided after much thought that i just couldnt do the job as upholding alot of laws went against my moral code and i just couldnt do it. I couldnt bust someone for something i thought was a stupid law. I got lots of respect for law enforcement, im not a cop hater by any means. But too many local cops getting busted for immoral behavior does leave a sour taste in my mouth for them at the same time.

Around here we have always suspected there was some sort of quota the cops were trying to fulfill. Closer it gets to the end of the month the more cops you would see around pulling people over and similar stuff.
Posted By: JohnnyWayne

Re: Defend this thin blue line. - 11/08/18 11:45 PM

I spent a lot of years working in that state and I loved it and most of the people I meet there. With that said its the worst place I've ever been as far as corruption, especially with law enforcement. And its usually not the patrolmen or deputies that cause it. Its the mayors and sheriffs and other elected officials who use the justice system exactly as stated in the article, not to mention other things. Lots of that stuff is common knowledge down there, but you go rocking the boat then you or maybe your wife or your child gets stopped and wow you got 2 ounces of meth under ya seat. Seen it happen.

That's why I tell people local elections in your area are IMPORTANT! Get the wrong councilmen, mayor or sheriff and you can bet the police force will eventually turn into wise guys on ya,

Re: Defend this thin blue line. - 11/08/18 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by warrior
So defend it not pick it apart. How many were arrested, have criminal records, lost jobs?

Well from your article, it says suits are pending including federal ones . Feel free to peruse your own post.
I guess I'm not getting your outrage. Department said meet quotas , several officers said "nope".

Re: Defend this thin blue line. - 11/08/18 11:47 PM

Anyway , good on the officers for exposing it.
Posted By: wamp

Re: Defend this thin blue line. - 11/08/18 11:53 PM

law enforcement for 33 years never had a quota to fill.
If a person needed arrested they were some went to jail some were summons to court.
If a youth could be given a break they were officer used common sense.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Defend this thin blue line. - 11/08/18 11:56 PM

Yes good on the cops who exposed it. What bothers me is I didn't see where the officials demanding it or the cops participating have been criminally charged. Did I miss that someplace?
Posted By: ShawneeMan

Re: Defend this thin blue line. - 11/09/18 01:19 AM

Originally Posted by Aaron Proffitt
Originally Posted by warrior

Well from your article, it says suits are pending including federal ones . Feel free to peruse your own post.
I guess I'm not getting your outrage. Department said meet quotas , several officers said "nope".

Illinois passed a law a few years ago that stated no LE will be under a "quota" system. All the cops I know always said there was no quota that applied to the number of citations they wrote.
Now when I see them, I have to ask, if there was no quota system in place, why did the legislature and governor enact a law against a quota system? LOL!
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: Defend this thin blue line. - 11/09/18 01:25 AM

Dad of a friend was an OHP trooper. I was told there is no quota on issuing citations. But they are required to have a certain number of contacts per day... Basically prove that they weren't sitting in their cruisers sleeping all day. Lol

Mike
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Defend this thin blue line. - 11/09/18 01:33 AM

Who cares. They didn't tell him to make up charges, just do his job and find criminals. laugh
Posted By: charles

Re: Defend this thin blue line. - 11/09/18 01:38 AM

Wife and I are going to NO for a few days just before Christmas. I'll be sure to avoid Gretna.
Posted By: tjm

Re: Defend this thin blue line. - 11/09/18 02:10 AM

What I see, and it's just the way I read it maybe,but, all these officers failed to report it or oppose it until their jobs were threatened. I get the feeling that such things are so common place that no one is outraged, the officers are only after compensation for loss of job or protecting their ability to get another law enforcement job. cya
I read it as the quota has been in place and most officers have been following it but a few just let it happen and then the few were threatened and turned on their buddies.
I don't see it as a cop thing though, it was the whole town in on it as an alternative Tax. This kind of thing doesn't happen in the dark, people knew, other police in the area knew. No big deal compared to national scandals.

Re: Defend this thin blue line. - 11/09/18 03:55 AM

I agree, nothing happens in a vacuum nor can a secret be kept if more than one is involved. I'm sure this isn't the only example in a nation of several million.
Posted By: WiscoNate

Re: Defend this thin blue line. - 11/09/18 05:08 AM

I highly recommend this book to anyone wants to further educate themselves on the need for major police policy change in this country:

Rise Of The Warrior Cop
© 2024 Trapperman Forums