Home

Just shot me a coyote

Posted By: illinideer

Just shot me a coyote - 11/11/18 12:03 AM

Came downstair to top off my drink looked out my kitchen window and there stood a coyote in my garden about 30 yards away. Got the 22 250 out of my bedroom and shot him from the kitchen. Used the goose neck faucet as a rest wife thought the furnace blew up and come flying downstairs. Nice young male that I'll put up tomorrow
J
Posted By: Osky

Re: Just shot me a coyote - 11/11/18 12:07 AM

Any good wife would know an exploding furnace sounds more like a .308.
Be patient, work with her.

Osky

Re: Just shot me a coyote - 11/11/18 12:48 AM

I have my 7 mag and a 8mag to get here moving faster
Posted By: matt knapp

Re: Just shot me a coyote - 11/11/18 12:50 AM

LMBO that's that's it you win king of the day. My wife says if I do that she'll shoot me lol
Posted By: Michigan Trappin

Re: Just shot me a coyote - 11/11/18 12:53 AM

I blew a big hole in the screen last year with the .223. Wife wasn't amused. I explained a coyite is worth more than the screen, if the color is right
Posted By: NonPCfed

Re: Just shot me a coyote - 11/11/18 02:49 AM

Came downstair to top off my drink looked out my kitchen window and there stood a coyote in my garden about 30 yards away. Got the 22 250 out of my bedroom and shot him from the kitchen. Used the goose neck faucet as a rest wife thought the furnace blew up and come flying downstairs. Nice young male that I'll put up tomorrow

How many times had the drink been topped off before... grin A man's got to do what a man got's to do....
Posted By: SundanceMtnMan

Re: Just shot me a coyote - 11/11/18 03:01 AM

My wife shot her second deer this year, sitting on the bench for taking off our shoes, just inside the front door. Used the doorknob for a rest.
Posted By: 52Carl

Re: Just shot me a coyote - 11/11/18 03:52 AM

Do this.
Blow up the furnace so she'll know the difference. Future issues averted. Especially if she leaves you for blowing up the furnace.
Is she a big ole gal on the homely side? If not, make sure the next one is. They put up with more. But even if they don't, so what.
Posted By: bfisch

Re: Just shot me a coyote - 11/11/18 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by illinideer
Came downstair to top off my drink

Maybe you got the neighbor's dog!?
Posted By: coontraper

Re: Just shot me a coyote - 11/11/18 01:23 PM

We shoot squirrels and rabbits in the garden from the bedroom window.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Just shot me a coyote - 11/11/18 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by bfisch
Originally Posted by illinideer
Came downstair to top off my drink

Maybe you got the neighbor's dog!?

Yeah, this thread sucks without a picture of the "Yote" grin

Re: Just shot me a coyote - 11/11/18 04:00 PM

Ill get you a picture later today hope i dont spill my drink eek
The white 5 gal bucket is where he was standing
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Snowpa

Re: Just shot me a coyote - 11/11/18 07:24 PM

Good one for sure
Posted By: ShawneeMan

Re: Just shot me a coyote - 11/12/18 12:38 AM

I have a friend who raises cattle. A few years ago he pulled a dead cow up to within 100 yds of his house with a tractor and shot 5 yotes out his kitchen window over it.
He was using a 300 win mag - pictures falling off the walls and wife was NOT amused!
Posted By: NonPCfed

Re: Just shot me a coyote - 11/12/18 01:07 AM

[quoteI have a friend who raises cattle. A few years ago he pulled a dead cow up to within 100 yds of his house with a tractor and shot 5 yotes out his kitchen window over it.
He was using a 300 win mag - pictures falling off the walls and wife was NOT amused!
][/quote]

Does the guy own only one caliber of rifle...?

illinideer- Keep the skull if you have a chance and if your regs let you. Clean it up nice and more coin in your pocket for that yoder...

Re: Just shot me a coyote - 11/12/18 10:33 AM

Mom shot a squirrel with her 12 ga JC Higgins shot gun one time out of the same window back in the late 70's. Dad wasn't to happy he had to patch the roof of his work shed
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Just shot me a coyote - 11/12/18 10:40 AM

only better hunting spot on the farm that beats my living room and the sliding glass doors is my big work/fur shop with 4 shooting windows and a big ol woodstove.
Posted By: Duckstick80

Re: Just shot me a coyote - 11/12/18 07:50 PM

I have a friend here that is a outfitter. He saves his clients deer carcasses and puts them about 300yds away from his cabin. He has a lead sled sitting on a table by his patio door all winter long. I put up six coyotes and three fox for him that he shot out the door last winter. He sends them to a tannery. Pays me 20$ each so I don't mind so much laugh
Posted By: Osky

Re: Just shot me a coyote - 11/12/18 10:05 PM

Here in my front room I’ve got two veeeery comfortable rockers one on each side of the papa bear stove. They look out the silent sash windows, set to the proper height. It all overlooks a private lake with no one else on it, 436 yards to the other side. Many are the furbearers that didn’t manage the crossing. Bait is set during winter on that ice 250 yards out. I haven’t had to shoot thru screen or glass, plenty of time to slip up the sash before they can be gone.

At my old place I did shoot thru a glass bedroom window early one morning many years ago, the buck was worth all the commotion the gal who was asleep in my bed made after the shot. I’m not sure if she was more angry over the shot going off 8 feet away or me not remembering her name. Icing on the cake was when she had to wait for me to go out and move that deer from behind her car so she could speed off. She was being such a poop and pain and wouldn’t help so I took my time, couldn’t drag it that whole ten yards myself to the shop without gutting it by gosh.
I picked up a new “room gun” this summer had it tweeked and it will be sighted to 425 when the ice thickens a bit more.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums