Home

The yote snatched a dog story on TV.

Posted By: Law Dog

The yote snatched a dog story on TV. - 11/20/18 04:16 AM

Been on the news the last 2 days the owner was on TV blamed the grassy lowlands behind his house for the issue (not hayed due to wet ground this year. No back fence the dog was not on a leash but it's someone else's fault and not the yotes fault it seems.
Posted By: trapper les

Re: The yote snatched a dog story on TV. - 11/20/18 04:24 AM

That's too bad.
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: The yote snatched a dog story on TV. - 11/20/18 04:32 AM

Some lady’s small 18lb dog got taken out by a yote in Massachusetts last week....she let it out side to go to the bathroom and kept an eye on it through the sliding glass door...and watched the yote run off with it....
Posted By: adam m

Re: The yote snatched a dog story on TV. - 11/20/18 05:18 AM

Had a friend of a friend call me 2-3 years ago wanting me to trap a yote that got his kids dog in the city. 5' brick wall dog went for morning natural call the yote got the dog took over the wall. Can't set footholds in the city and don't have big enough cages. 2 weeks later his buddy lived nearby him killed a yote that was attacking his chickens. I still got paid for skinning it
Posted By: pcr2

Re: The yote snatched a dog story on TV. - 11/20/18 05:24 AM

yotes gotta eat too.
Posted By: Ditchdiver

Re: The yote snatched a dog story on TV. - 11/20/18 01:09 PM

Coyote Lives Matter? eek
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: The yote snatched a dog story on TV. - 11/20/18 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by Nessmuck
Some lady’s small 18lb dog got taken out by a yote in Massachusetts last week....she let it out side to go to the bathroom and kept an eye on it through the sliding glass door...and watched the yote run off with it....

Same with this one the guy watched the whole thing looked like he was living on the edge of the city, I feel for guy but do something about it rather then blame everything but the yote for it.
Posted By: Allan Minear

Re: The yote snatched a dog story on TV. - 11/20/18 02:30 PM

Adam that must of been a Mexican coyote since it climbed the fence / wall sorry poor attempt at humor.
I went out to the shop freezer after dark and heard coyotes barking and howling sad thing is my neighbors so far won't allow me to remove them yet .
Allan
Posted By: Macthediver

Re: The yote snatched a dog story on TV. - 11/20/18 02:53 PM

Been some years back now but a lady not to far from me had small dog snatched by an owl. My yard is fenced but I still check the trees for hawks and look for other critters before I let the wife's little dog out. When I'm at the lake I got lot critters to look out for before kicking the dogs out. Some people just don't get it. My fence is only 4ft coyote can go over it no problem.

Mac
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: The yote snatched a dog story on TV. - 11/20/18 03:21 PM

I did an ADC Yote job in the Twin Cities a few years back. The Homeowners association president and the homeowner that Saw her dog get snatched by a Yote were talking to me day one before set up. She said that she had to go to Counseling after the trauma. The President just shook his head up and down like he Understood. I said Hmmmmmmmm. Where did this occur.............
Posted By: adam m

Re: The yote snatched a dog story on TV. - 11/20/18 04:22 PM

Lol Allan. I really wanted the adc job as it was in a country club/ gated community. All of the residents I spoke with were excited for me to be there. The coyote entered the backyard from the back of the golf course
© 2024 Trapperman Forums