Home

Wax Worms

Posted By: Eagleye

Wax Worms - 11/29/18 10:42 AM

Anyone have any good bulk bait websites- they buy from?
Posted By: cohunt

Re: Wax Worms - 11/29/18 11:00 AM

I have bought maggots and waxies for years from Vados in MN. Just google
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Wax Worms - 11/29/18 11:17 AM

www.wholesale bait.com-in Ohio i think.
Posted By: trapperkeck

Re: Wax Worms - 11/29/18 11:31 AM

Can also check out grubco.

Re: Wax Worms - 11/29/18 11:46 AM

Thanks guys- like everything, there's a ton of websites... looking for good experiences.
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Wax Worms - 11/29/18 11:49 AM

i've used mine for 20 plus years with great results and no problems.big order or small.
Posted By: trapperkeck

Re: Wax Worms - 11/29/18 11:57 AM

I can remember dad ordering from grubco in the 80's. Always had great service with them.
Posted By: mutt

Re: Wax Worms - 11/29/18 12:00 PM

I order from Vados a couple times a winter. Order on a monday and speedy delivery has it at my door wednesday. Bait has always been in top shape. Follow proper storage requirements for the type of bait and they last a long time. I also watch the weather and try to order during a mild week, if it's too cold you could have more chance of a problem.

There is a supplier out of wi that I have also heard good things about. They didnt have the same variety as vados when I checked them out, and I have had such good experiance with vados I don't need the change.
Posted By: K-zoo

Re: Wax Worms - 11/29/18 12:07 PM

I've used this company for years.

www.wholesalebait.com
Posted By: handitrapper

Re: Wax Worms - 11/29/18 08:10 PM

I switched to the Gulp Alive waxies and catch fish every bit as good, if not better. Stops the light biting bait steelers
Posted By: Skinner7880

Re: Wax Worms - 11/29/18 08:28 PM

Ja-Da bait has always treated me well, quick delivery and easy ordering
Posted By: Macthediver

Re: Wax Worms - 11/29/18 08:42 PM

Not looking to steal your post.
But I've used small strips of white grizzle cut from beaver tails to catch whole bunch different fish. I've usually fished a strip about 1 1/2 inch by 1/4 inch on a jig for walleyes. I thought the guy that first put me on to it years ago was kidding. Wanted me to trap some beavers that was flooding his corn field and ask could I leave him the tails. Someone he had fished with up north on a lake. Was cutting small piece tipping on ice fly using them for ice fishing pan fish. So I left him the tails he wanted tried some myself. Like anything else may work on any given day.

Answer to your original question I don't fish enough wax worms so just buy as needed local. Wife is a big fan of the Gulp Alive handitrapper mentioned. She likes several of the Gulp Alive patterns. Mostly because she kills most live bait about as quick as she gets it.

Mac
Posted By: handitrapper

Re: Wax Worms - 11/29/18 08:50 PM

You can catch several fish on one, without having to rebait every or every other fish. I caught 15-20 gills, crappie, perch combination on Tuesday afternoon. And only used just 1 Gulp waxie

Re: Wax Worms - 11/29/18 09:43 PM

I usually head out with an arsenal, spikes, waxies, plastics, Gulp Alive... but never beaver tail - until now lol.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums