Home

OSU football

Posted By: newtoga

OSU football - 12/04/18 07:14 PM

Urban Meyer retiring after rose bowl.
Posted By: gutthooked

Re: OSU football - 12/04/18 08:30 PM

I guess he is having issues with severe headaches from a brain cyst.
Posted By: KeithC

Re: OSU football - 12/04/18 08:52 PM

It's a shame that Urban Meyers has to retire. I hope his health improves. Urban is unarguably one of the best college football coaches of all time, though at least a few idiots will argue it. wink

Keith
Posted By: RM trapper

Re: OSU football - 12/04/18 09:07 PM

Yea I hate to see him retire and I'm sure you OSU fans really hate it. But you could tell he was in a lot of pain this season. The stress that comes with leading one of the top programs in the country would be tough without health issues. Great coach for sure
Posted By: jbyrd63

Re: OSU football - 12/04/18 09:21 PM

Always liked Him (ok guys don't pass out) ONE OF THE BEST EVER !!! Hope nothing but the best for him. I pray he has nothing major wrong with him.
Posted By: Jtrapper

Re: OSU football - 12/04/18 09:35 PM

He has a 'health issue' every time the going gets tough, just ask Florida. Decent coach but a horrible person, ya'll will be much better off without him.
Posted By: QuietButDeadly

Re: OSU football - 12/04/18 09:56 PM

Wonder where he will show up all better next?
Posted By: bass10

Re: OSU football - 12/04/18 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by Jtrapper
He has a 'health issue' every time the going gets tough, just ask Florida. Decent coach but a horrible person, ya'll will be much better off without him.

WOW, he has a cyst on his brain. What going is getting tough? A brain/health issue but not football. I'll fix your post, a GREAT coach and a decent person. He is a top 5 coach in the country and more likely a top 3
so no way we are better off without him. They are talking about moving up a pretty good assistant coach but it will be a downgrade for sure.
Hope his health works out for him!

Re: OSU football - 12/04/18 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by bass10
Originally Posted by Jtrapper

WOW, he has a cyst on his brain. What going is getting tough? A brain/health issue but not football. I'll fix your post, a GREAT coach and a decent person. He is a top 5 coach in the country and more likely a top 3
so no way we are better off without him. They are talking about moving up a pretty good assistant coach but it will be a downgrade for sure.
Hope his health works out for him!

X2 bass10
Posted By: KeithC

Re: OSU football - 12/04/18 10:09 PM

Urban Meyer has put together a very good team of assistant coaches. Hopefully they will rise to the occasion. Unfortunately, the loss of Urban Meyer will probably hurt recruitment of top tier highschool players.

Keith
Posted By: James

Re: OSU football - 12/04/18 10:27 PM

I wonder if they might be interested in Tom Herman, who was OSU's offensive coach when the Bucks won the national championship a few years ago. Now coaches Houston, I think.

Who else might be up to snuff and interested in the job?

Jim
Posted By: corky

Re: OSU football - 12/04/18 10:49 PM

Great coach - yes
Good person - not so much

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...yer-ohio-state-buckeyes-coaching-scandal
Posted By: Pasadena

Re: OSU football - 12/04/18 10:54 PM

Day has a 5yr. Contract I guess.
Posted By: Jtrapper

Re: OSU football - 12/05/18 12:10 AM

Wonder where he will show up all better next?

Auburn after they fire Gus next year, lol
Posted By: dmac

Re: OSU football - 12/05/18 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by James
I wonder if they might be interested in Tom Herman, who was OSU's offensive coach when the Bucks won the national championship a few years ago. Now coaches Houston, I think.

Who else might be up to snuff and interested in the job?

Jim

Tom Hermann is head coach at Texas now.

Re: OSU football - 12/05/18 12:18 AM

Nope Michigan bound LOL wouldn't that be a hoot

Re: OSU football - 12/05/18 12:18 AM

Rumor is USC warm weather helps lots off things
Posted By: Pasadena

Re: OSU football - 12/05/18 12:19 AM

He’s got a grand baby now. I don’t know if Shelley Meyers will let him coach anymore, atleast not at the D1 level. His son Nate is a freshman at Cincinnati and on the baseball team. Gotta take time for family at some point and take care of your health.
Posted By: elkaholic

Re: OSU football - 12/05/18 01:10 AM

Cleveland is looking for a coach.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: OSU football - 12/05/18 01:17 AM

Thank God he is retiring. Maybe we will have a chance at beating them next year.
Wish him well and hope the best for his health.

Re: OSU football - 12/05/18 02:50 AM

Originally Posted by Rubee
Thank God he is retiring. Maybe we will have a chance at beating them next year.
Wish him well and hope the best for his health.

UGH you guys get a new coach ????
Then no you won't beat them ........
© 2024 Trapperman Forums