Home

Best bobcat live trap?

Posted By: #furdaddy

Best bobcat live trap? - 12/11/18 01:55 PM

What is the best live trap for bobcat? My brother lives in AZ and that's all they can use. Im going to send him a recommendation.
Posted By: 160user

Re: Best bobcat live trap? - 12/11/18 02:02 PM

I believe the ones I have were made by "cage maker" on here. Dead Coyote was the one that hooked me up. There is a set of 3 that all stack inside each other. They weren't cheap but they are definitely quality and will last longer than I will.
Posted By: AJE

Re: Best bobcat live trap? - 12/11/18 06:23 PM

If you're talking about cage traps, contact Brian at Manawa, Wi based Little Wolf Trapping Supply. His are top notch.
Posted By: YamaCat

Re: Best bobcat live trap? - 12/11/18 07:38 PM

Try getting ahold of Mercer Lawing and give his Camtrip cages a try. He also frequents AZ some of the time so you might be able to hook up and skip the Shipping charges.

Re: Best bobcat live trap? - 12/11/18 08:33 PM

https://www.wildlifecontrolsupplies.com/animal/NB-BOBCAT.html

This is what I recommended to him. Looks good.

Re: Best bobcat live trap? - 12/12/18 02:16 AM

These look like the best, and stackable too.
Posted By: coloradocat

Re: Best bobcat live trap? - 12/12/18 02:35 AM

Mercers!!!!!! Bar none!!!!!!
Posted By: coolbrze

Re: Best bobcat live trap? - 12/12/18 10:26 AM

Wow those Mercer Camtrip cage traps look nice! Any advantage / disadvantage to them over making a home made cubby set & using a couple footholds?
Posted By: Osky

Re: Best bobcat live trap? - 12/12/18 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by coolbrze
Wow those Mercer Camtrip cage traps look nice! Any advantage / disadvantage to them over making a home made cubby set & using a couple footholds?

For me it is the release factor. I know they are not as hard to release as a wolf or some other animals but it sure is nice to just lift the door and let young or unwanted females run off. They leave good scent behind for future catches as well.

Osky
Posted By: snowy

Re: Best bobcat live trap? - 12/12/18 01:41 PM

I also have a few cages from Mercer. I have nothing but good to say about them. Like osky said, easy release and well built are two reason I like them.
Posted By: Posco

Re: Best bobcat live trap? - 12/12/18 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by coolbrze

I have Mercer's cages and they are a great cage, no doubt, but I have to throttle down the opening height (13 inches) to accommodate our lynx laws. I think it would be the rare cat willing to go that low. I'm using them for fisher.

I have several cubbies out with footholds and I don't feel hindered one bit.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums