Home

Cabelas and FedEX

Posted By: Finster

Cabelas and FedEX - 12/12/18 01:04 AM

Cabelas used to use UPS and I would have things I ordered in about 3 days, a week at most and sometimes overnight. Now, since they merged with Bass Pro, I guess they switched to FedEx which is the worst service around. I've had a package stuck in Chicago for Two days now that was supposed to be here in the morning. I knew this merger would suck but it's sucking on every possible level. They really ruined Cabelas, it's beginning to remind me of K-Mart.
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Cabelas and FedEX - 12/12/18 01:15 AM

want that camo thong for x-mas don't ya? laugh
Posted By: slydogx

Re: Cabelas and FedEX - 12/12/18 01:17 AM

I agree, this merger has been nothing but bad.
Posted By: SGT. C

Re: Cabelas and FedEX - 12/12/18 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by pcr2

Secretly it's for him.
Posted By: ShawneeMan

Re: Cabelas and FedEX - 12/12/18 01:27 AM

First of all - Cabela's and Bass Pro = nothing good about that!
Cabela's has lost ALL of my business and Bass Pro can go pound sand.

Secondly - anyone that's ever flown out of O'Hare (or attempted to) can tell you arrival and departure times are only "suggestions".
Nothing is ever on time there. Can't tell you how many times I've spent the night in that miserable town because of flight delays or cancellations.

Re: Cabelas and FedEX - 12/12/18 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by pcr2
Yea, right, like I need another one...… dummy
grin
Posted By: adam m

Re: Cabelas and FedEX - 12/12/18 01:33 AM

The cabelas here recently got rid of the bargain cave and filled it with expensive camo. I asked why they said it was bass pro
Posted By: M.Magis

Re: Cabelas and FedEX - 12/12/18 01:34 AM

Sure, its obviously their fault. Nothing to do with Christmas season or that there were thousands of flights cancelled the other day.

Some of you just aren’t happy unless you have something to complain about and someone to blame for your problems.

Re: Cabelas and FedEX - 12/12/18 01:39 AM

Originally Posted by M.Magis
Sure, its obviously their fault. Nothing to do with Christmas season or that there were thousands of flights cancelled the other day.

Some of you just aren’t happy unless you have something to complain about and someone to blame for your problems.
Well, nuts to you. No one ever said that this was air mail now did they? or it was at the airport for that matter. It's just in the Chicago FedEx sorting terminal..... for days...… and yes, I'm not happy with their customer service at this point.
Posted By: TurkeyTime

Re: Cabelas and FedEX - 12/12/18 03:44 AM

Correct in that the buy out is no good for the customer and FedEx is second rate. The name will eventually change to Bass Pro Shops and a few items will still have the Cabelas name. Johnny Morris is a good guy and BPS isn't bad they just didn't have quite the quality of Cabelas. Doesn't seem that long ago I was buying everything via paper catalog, check in the mail, and no clue on when it would get here.
Posted By: BigCountry

Re: Cabelas and FedEX - 12/12/18 05:47 AM

Cabelas has also done away with its lifetime warranty on all cabelas brand merchandise.. everything is now 2 yrs with receipt , asked why they said because of bass pro
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Cabelas and FedEX - 12/12/18 11:01 AM

The town of Sidney NE, where Cabelas had their first store and home office........has been crippled by this buyout.
Posted By: Albert Burns

Re: Cabelas and FedEX - 12/12/18 01:06 PM

Don't know about Cabela's, but sure not happy with FedEx. We had two large packages shipped with them recently. Both sat in a building at their warehouse for over a week, about 5 miles from my home before being delivered. One was actually 9 days. I tried to find a number online to contact them to just pick them up, and got the run around so bad just gave up.
Posted By: UpNorthMI

Re: Cabelas and FedEX - 12/12/18 01:19 PM

The last time I was in Cabela's I talked to a few employees, not a single one had a good thing to say about the merger. The management team at the store was fired then hired back at a lower rate. Alot of the deals and promotions were slashed. The employee discount was reduced for Cabelas employees and didn't apply to Bass Pro Stores. Cabela's products were being clearanced and replaced by BPS. There list went on and on. I talked to maybe 4 or 5 people and did not hear a single positive thing.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Cabelas and FedEX - 12/12/18 01:33 PM

Heck, in Sidney, Cabelas had a "family and friends" day, where employees could invite family and friends in for big discounts. I'm guessing that's no more either.
Posted By: corky

Re: Cabelas and FedEX - 12/12/18 01:45 PM

In the past I was a big supporter of Cabelas and used their club card a lot. I ran all of my utility bills etc. through their card to build up points. With the merger BPS decided to arbitrarily change my card making it necessary to change my auto pays on a bunch of accounts. They offered no compensation or discounts for my inconvenience. Since I was forced to make the changes anyway I decided to get a Quicksilver card instead and got a bigger cashback with $200 credit to boot. I will now only use the club card for Cabelas purchases. Bass Pro Shops business plan needs some tweeking.

Re: Cabelas and FedEX - 12/12/18 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by corky
In the past I was a big supporter of Cabelas and used their club card a lot. I ran all of my utility bills etc. through their card to build up points. With the merger BPS decided to arbitrarily change my card making it necessary to change my auto pays on a bunch of accounts. They offered no compensation or discounts for my inconvenience. Since I was forced to make the changes anyway I decided to get a Quicksilver card instead and got a bigger cashback with $200 credit to boot. I will now only use the club card for Cabelas purchases. Bass Pro Shops business plan needs some tweeking.

Yup, I have the Cabelas Club card and I use it for everything. Now that they have switched to Capital one Mastercard, it, like the rest of Cabelas, SUCKS! I hate Capital one and I'm seriously considering cancelling my account. I'm really bummed. I remember when, if you bought something with the Cabelas name, it was top notch. Now, it's mostly cheap Chinese crap like everything else. It's time to shop around but unfortunately, there is not much out there for options.
Posted By: Macthediver

Re: Cabelas and FedEX - 12/12/18 03:00 PM

Just show them who is boss and don't buy anything from any business who ships FedEx. That should fix them good!

That is what I DO..

Mac
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Cabelas and FedEX - 12/12/18 03:07 PM

Just ordered a set of tires for my truck Monday afternoon from Ohio, they shipped FedEx home delivery. Sent through Chicago. On the truck and scheduled to be delivered today at 11am. When they get here, I'll ask them if they saw your package in Chicago Finster. Don't expect much, tires aren't much for spreading gossip.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Cabelas and FedEX - 12/12/18 03:08 PM

Running a pair of Cabela's rubber boots this year $80 on sale, so far they out performed the more expensive brands in every way by far will, see if they make it to the end of the year without falling apart like the last 2 pairs of Lacrosse brand boots did! Just bought 3200 .22 shells for $60 after rebates and $25 of my points so some good has come out of it.
Posted By: tlguy

Re: Cabelas and FedEX - 12/12/18 04:08 PM

Just had a large package delivered by FedEx this morning. It was supposed to come tomorrow, but I work from home so no big deal that it came a day early. Funny thing is he sat outside my house 5-10 minutes before bringing the box up, then sat another 5-10 minutes before leaving. Must not be too busy.

I live only a couple miles from Cabelas so most shopping I do with them is in store, otherwise I use site to store for online stuff that isn't in stock at my local store and usually wait about a week for it to arrive.
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Cabelas and FedEX - 12/12/18 05:49 PM

Tires arrived here 10:45am. Sorry Finster, they aren't talking. Hope your stuff shows up soon.
Posted By: tjm

Re: Cabelas and FedEX - 12/12/18 06:45 PM

Rogers Ar Cabela's has had Bass Pro Outdoor World signs up for several months. There was no merger BP bought C's out lock, stock and mail order catalog. That is a buy out. Cabela's dumped and ran.
Nothing left of the local Cabela's except some odd line of goods here and there that BP didn't have. This one may have gone through the transformation sooner than others because it's only an hour+ from the BP-ODW headquarters but being so close and given the total change; I expect BP to use the Cabela name in the same way that Cabela's used the Herters name, branding for second rate goods.
Bass Pro had people in this store even before the deal was final.
BP did make the store bigger by several 1000sqft and it is all boats and boat accessories. The fly fishing area is ~1/2 as big as Cabela's was and all White River brand stuff. Not even a CGR rod in the store, I asked and guy searched the back room. If you want anyhing that was Cabela's branded you best get it right now and take delivery as you get it.
Cabela's ate Herter's and Bass Pro ate Cabela's, end of story.
Posted By: Kre

Re: Cabelas and FedEX - 12/12/18 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Finster
I remember when, if you bought something with the Cabelas name, it was top notch. Now, it's mostly cheap Chinese crap like everything else. It's time to shop around but unfortunately, there is not much out there for options.

I agree Finster. Question is: Where does a guy shift his business?

I've already been buying boots and some clothes, like brush pants from LL Bean. Quality is decent, but it's somewhat overpriced. They do back their products though. I guess for things like shotgun shells and fishing lures, I can still shop at Cabelas, but I never liked Bass Pro. Their branded goods are junk. Redhead stuff is junk.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums