Home

NJ gets more looney

Posted By: adam m

NJ gets more looney - 12/14/18 09:22 PM

[Linked Image]
Not sure why the pic is blurry but this memo is notify all Leo's that when off duty they can not possess large capacity mags (10+ rounds). If they are caught it is a 4th degree crime

Re: NJ gets more looney - 12/14/18 09:23 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: dhawk

Re: NJ gets more looney - 12/14/18 10:14 PM

don't know how they can get any loonier, they have been as loonie as they come (the powers that be that is.)

Re: NJ gets more looney - 12/14/18 11:39 PM

True but NJ is like California always proving how much more looney they can get
Posted By: Wesley

Re: NJ gets more looney - 12/14/18 11:42 PM

I like it. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Re: NJ gets more looney - 12/15/18 05:12 PM

Not sure if agree 100% with that statement
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: NJ gets more looney - 12/15/18 05:24 PM

If the common man can't possess a magazine larger than 10 rds, why should an off duty leo?
Posted By: Wesley

Re: NJ gets more looney - 12/15/18 06:04 PM

That's exactly how I feel about it Steven. Though really I wouldn't allow the cops to have them if the common man can't, period. On duty or off.
Posted By: Bucndoe

Re: NJ gets more looney - 12/16/18 02:09 AM

NJ officers, active and retired are permitted to carry and possess 15 round mags while off duty. They are allowed to carry more than that on duty. The very statute that is quoted says it in black and white. It was added as a new section. Look up NJ Senate Bill 102 and scroll down to the new sections. This Prosecutor is most likely going to be getting a phone call from the Attorney General of NJ who by the way, used to be his boss in Bergen County. The current NJ AG was the Bergen County Prosecutor before being named Attorney General
Posted By: John Jr.

Re: NJ gets more looney - 12/16/18 02:39 AM

Well, here in MN, I was AGR (active guard reserve) for the last few years of my time before retiring. Our Democrat governor, Dayton, did not trust the soldiers in his own MN Guard. He ordered that all soldiers in possession of any AR magazines (M4) in their home will surrender them to their unit supply, whether private purchase ( without receipt, and who keeps those?) or not, because they are 30 round high-capacity magazines. The unit was then to turn in the excess magazines, keeping only 7 per rifle issued to the unit. Of course, like all good Americans, not one soldier I know of followed that order and took it as a complete insult to the military. The excess were turned into depot and destroyed and thrown into the metal recycling. They don’t trust their military with magazines, what makes anyone think they trust anyone else?
© 2024 Trapperman Forums