Home

PETA PROTEST AT LOCAL FURBUYER

Posted By: henpecked1

PETA PROTEST AT LOCAL FURBUYER - 12/14/18 09:30 PM

Just got a call from a friend that said PETA was protesting outside our local fur buyer, Seneca Fur in Frewsburg NY. Supposed pro hunters and trappers have shown up in support of Seneca Fur. Sorry no pictures yet.
Posted By: Muskrat

Re: PETA PROTEST AT LOCAL FURBUYER - 12/14/18 10:02 PM

Time to break out the red fox urine.
Posted By: Marty B

Re: PETA PROTEST AT LOCAL FURBUYER - 12/14/18 11:18 PM

Skunk Juice
Posted By: warrior

Re: PETA PROTEST AT LOCAL FURBUYER - 12/14/18 11:35 PM

Axe handles
Posted By: M.S. Pickins

Re: PETA PROTEST AT LOCAL FURBUYER - 12/15/18 12:00 AM

Death Rays
Posted By: ShawneeMan

Re: PETA PROTEST AT LOCAL FURBUYER - 12/15/18 12:06 AM

From and article by Mark Crocker
President - Georgian Bay Trappers Council

PETA is not just for the ethical treatment of animals. It's a radical rights organization that would liberate all animals from any form of human bondage - including the bondage of being a pet. And yet, despite advocating a peace-and-love pro-vegan message, PETA actually euthanizes the cats and dogs it acquires at an astonishing rate. For example, figures released in 2014 from the Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services found that PETA killed 2,454 of the 3,369 creatures in its possession - most of those animals were voluntarily surrendered, presumably with the hope of being sent to new and better homes. In fact, the figures show, only a handful of cats or dogs were adopted.
Posted By: PineDoggin

Re: PETA PROTEST AT LOCAL FURBUYER - 12/15/18 12:29 AM

Soak them with fart spray
Posted By: Bogmaster

Re: PETA PROTEST AT LOCAL FURBUYER - 12/15/18 12:29 AM

Best way to keep trappers in a good light--refrain from confrontation.The worst thing to do,would to spray them with urine or lure.
Show we are better than them--show self control.
Tom
Posted By: Getting There

Re: PETA PROTEST AT LOCAL FURBUYER - 12/15/18 12:44 AM

I do not have to show them I am better than them, I AM. I follow all the regulations and law's. Get all the licenses or permit. Help control wildlife. Provide fur for others and give people jobs. Spend money buying everything it take for be a fur trapper. They do nothing. Putting up with there BS will get you nothing, You do not have to be violent just give them a little smell to take home. JMO
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: PETA PROTEST AT LOCAL FURBUYER - 12/15/18 12:53 AM

This seems to be effective to deter them! whistle

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Muskrat

Re: PETA PROTEST AT LOCAL FURBUYER - 12/15/18 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by Bogmaster
Best way to keep trappers in a good light--refrain from confrontation.The worst thing to do,would to spray them with urine or lure.
Show we are better than them--show self control.
Tom

Red fox urine was how we got rid of 'em in '86 at the NTA rondy in Fond du Lac.

And, IMO, that was showing self control.
Posted By: markboardman

Re: PETA PROTEST AT LOCAL FURBUYER - 12/15/18 01:13 AM

Ah yes, after years with no problems the antis came down with 3 people. Tommy went out wearing fur with a sign of his own and they were gone in 10 minutes. This little town enjoys my local old school business. i just don,t understand those people. We have never been busier. We support local sports, youth groups etc. Not that that means any thing,other than they are just barking up the wrong tree. MB
Posted By: ShawneeMan

Re: PETA PROTEST AT LOCAL FURBUYER - 12/15/18 01:25 AM

Like most "animal rights' groups, people have been horn swaggled into supporting them by bleeding heart commercials and messages but they do nothing for animals.
The organizations rake in the $$ and live comfortably on the donations.
It's all smoke and mirrors.
Posted By: bulldozerjoe

Re: PETA PROTEST AT LOCAL FURBUYER - 12/15/18 02:58 AM

Mark you’re a stand up man
Posted By: Tony1967

Re: PETA PROTEST AT LOCAL FURBUYER - 12/15/18 03:00 AM

Mark, keep up the good work! I’ll be bringing fur to you after the first of the year!
Posted By: 52Carl

Re: PETA PROTEST AT LOCAL FURBUYER - 12/15/18 11:50 PM

Reminds me of a time several years ago when our trappers association caught wind of a PETA sponsored conference at a Hilton hotel and organized a picket line in the parking lot, with picket signs and all. It was well received by most people driving by. The local media covered it and seemed amazed by how many of the public observers were in favor of the trapper's protest.
No need to take it laying down. Stand up for your rights.
Posted By: brianmall

Re: PETA PROTEST AT LOCAL FURBUYER - 12/15/18 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by Marty B
Skunk Juice

X2

Straight up uncut skunk juice.

I'd pay to watch!!!!
Posted By: coydog2

Re: PETA PROTEST AT LOCAL FURBUYER - 12/16/18 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by brianmall
Originally Posted by Marty B
Skunk Juice

X2

Straight up uncut skunk juice.

I'd pay to watch!!!!

That is what I been thinking.it is one thing that many will leave the area. no matter what side they are on.
Posted By: AJE

Re: PETA PROTEST AT LOCAL FURBUYER - 12/16/18 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by 52Carl
Reminds me of a time several years ago when our trappers association caught wind of a PETA sponsored conference at a Hilton hotel and organized a picket line in the parking lot, with picket signs and all. It was well received by most people driving by. The local media covered it and seemed amazed by how many of the public observers were in favor of the trapper's protest.
No need to take it laying down. Stand up for your rights.

That's a good thought. We always hear about Peta protesting, but that's interesting that you guys thought about holding a pro trapper rally.
I don't know who these people are that support Peta...nobody that I know. Peta is so disliked around here nobody would dare admit to it if they did support them. The anti organizations seem to have plenty of loons that support them...many being from Hollywood of course.
Posted By: kytrapper

Re: PETA PROTEST AT LOCAL FURBUYER - 12/16/18 09:52 AM

They showed up at a Kentucky meet years ago one October. It was very warm and after a couple of hours they looked worn out and bedraggled ( more bedraggled anyway). I remember Hawk Hasfurther taking them out cold drinks and being cordial to them and most probably informed them how trappers really are, besides showing them, and they lost heart and were gone in an hour. A lesson in life that’s very difficult to follow but I saw it work to perfection that day.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums