Home

Full metal jacket dip?

Posted By: tradtrapper

Full metal jacket dip? - 12/15/18 07:47 PM

Just wanting some feed back from anyone who has used full metal jacket trap dip. I'm thinking of trying it out next year instead of waxing. I've heard it's tough stuff sent free but dont know anyone that's used it. Any feed back is appreciated positive or negative. Thanks a bunch
Posted By: Snowpa

Re: Full metal jacket dip? - 12/15/18 08:11 PM

Not good for water IMO
Posted By: eastwood44mag

Re: Full metal jacket dip? - 12/15/18 08:12 PM

I like it so far. Keep it from freezing, though.
Posted By: AJE

Re: Full metal jacket dip? - 12/16/18 09:07 AM

Dakota Line makes a dip that you might want to look at as well
Posted By: Ru2hunt

Re: Full metal jacket dip? - 12/16/18 11:07 AM

I have used full metal jacket and had great results! Actually caught 23 coyotes with a dozen traps i dipped for the first time in FMJ! I went back to dye and wax but not sure why I did? The full metal jacket worked flawlessly for me and i never noticed any problems! You will find varying results from person to person though..... that have used FMJ!
Posted By: coolbrze

Re: Full metal jacket dip? - 12/16/18 11:58 AM

I like it for land traps. Been using it 3 years now I think. Good tough stuff, no smell after it dries for a few days, & protects traps. Don't let the bottle freeze though.
Posted By: The Beav

Re: Full metal jacket dip? - 12/16/18 02:48 PM

Why not just go down to the store and buy some liquid floor wax?
Posted By: tradtrapper

Re: Full metal jacket dip? - 12/16/18 02:58 PM

Thanks for the replies. I dont do any water trappin just coyotes cats and occasionally grey fox. I got all my traps waxed for the year but figured I would try it for my next dozen I buy. Just seemed like a good alternative to waxing. I just like to get feedback on new to me stuff these comments are helping thanks a bunch
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Full metal jacket dip? - 12/16/18 02:59 PM

It's not the same thing if you go digging into the MSDS of the products.
Posted By: proratman

Re: Full metal jacket dip? - 12/16/18 03:31 PM

Great for land traps!
Posted By: TRAPPERL06

Re: Full metal jacket dip? - 03/13/19 09:13 PM

Are you guys boiling or dying your traps before dipping in FMJ?
Posted By: eastwood44mag

Re: Full metal jacket dip? - 03/13/19 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by TRAPPERL06
Are you guys boiling or dying your traps before dipping in FMJ?

I dip mine... not sure that it's made any difference, though.
Posted By: cat_trapper_nv

Re: Full metal jacket dip? - 03/13/19 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by SNIPERBBB
It's not the same thing if you go digging into the MSDS of the products.

Not to be a stickler but they are now called SDS instead of MSDS. No idea why they decided to change it. But yes it is very different from floor stuff
Posted By: Koss2005

Re: Full metal jacket dip? - 03/13/19 10:42 PM

I really like the FMJ. Two seasons ago I dipped my traps in paint let them air out for, four to six weeks and dipped them in FMJ. Each year I just power wash them and dip them in FMJ and that's it. With my third season over I saw that I needed to strip some of my traps and do it again.

I used one gallon and dipped close to one hundred traps and five dozen snares so I don't think it is, if it is, anymore expensive than dying and waxing. I dipped the traps twice. I trap mostly coyotes.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums