Home

Posted signs

Posted By: bulldozerjoe

Posted signs - 12/16/18 01:52 AM

Anybody know who sells good quality signs, looking for the plastic ones... The paper ones just don’t last. Thanks guys
Posted By: Bluerock

Re: Posted signs - 12/16/18 02:03 AM

Bought from Voss signs years ago, still in good condition.
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Posted signs - 12/16/18 02:04 AM

Id get the metal ones...
Posted By: w side rd 151

Re: Posted signs - 12/16/18 02:19 AM

My experience is the yellow plastic ones get brittle rather quickly and start to break loose where they are fasten . I have a few old orange plastic that are thicker and they have lasted a lot longer .But I have not seen them for sale for a long time
Posted By: Mont

Re: Posted signs - 12/16/18 02:21 AM

Like Bluerock said Voss signs in aluminum ...great signs cheap that last for years
Posted By: CoonsBane

I like the ones printed on Tyvek. They last well for me, especially when I hang them out of reach using the bottom half of a climbing tree stand.
Posted By: BaldHiller

X2 Voss Signs. I got 100 aluminum signs for $90.
Posted By: weaselnut

Re: Posted signs - 12/16/18 03:00 AM

X3 on Voss signs.
Posted By: snowy

Re: Posted signs - 12/16/18 03:47 AM

I just went to their site and are very good price. Does anyone know if you can call and make an order, or do you have to fill out that order form.
Posted By: Dfabs

Re: Posted signs - 12/16/18 03:54 AM

I’m glad we don’t have to mess with signs anymore. All we have to do now is spray paint purple on our trees.
Posted By: pass-thru

Re: Posted signs - 12/16/18 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by Dfabs
I’m glad we don’t have to mess with signs anymore. All we have to do now is spray paint purple on our trees.

We can spray paint as well. But people are more likely to pay attention to signs. The average Joe doesn't know what the paint means.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Posted signs - 12/16/18 06:11 AM

signs just make people feel better. a guy that will trespass without a sign will trespass with a sign. the exception might be the border with public ground.
Posted By: pass-thru

Re: Posted signs - 12/16/18 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
signs just make people feel better. a guy that will trespass without a sign will trespass with a sign. the exception might be the border with public ground.

In my state and many others, it's not illegal unless there's a sign. And some people do pay attention.
Posted By: John C

Re: Posted signs - 12/16/18 09:02 AM

Voss or Minute Man Signs
Posted By: coolbrze

Re: Posted signs - 12/16/18 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by CoonsBane
I like the ones printed on Tyvek. They last well for me, especially when I hang them out of reach using the bottom half of a climbing tree stand.

I use the same ones but up in the mtns where it's windy, they start tearing eventually.
Posted By: John Jr.

Re: Posted signs - 12/16/18 01:09 PM

I just sent a message to my rep to see about a purple paint law for MN
Posted By: jabNE

Re: Posted signs - 12/16/18 01:30 PM

Around here I think I folks think that if you shoot the sign all up then its OK to go on in. Sad what some so called sportsmen do around here.
Jim
Posted By: Posco

Re: Posted signs - 12/16/18 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by pass-thru

In my state and many others, it's not illegal unless there's a sign. And some people do pay attention.

When I was a kid I could wander wherever I wanted an no one would say a word to you. Most people just didn't care if they saw a kid lugging a shotgun. It was the norm. I sure liked it, but times have changed. Posted land in northern Maine was almost nonexistent back then, it's everywhere now. I posted mine after some idiot decked a couple of moose and left them lay. What's really aggravating is the amount of people who ignore the signs or pretend they didn't see them when confronted.
Posted By: BaldHiller

Re: Posted signs - 12/16/18 01:58 PM

Both orders I placed were over the phone. The website did not list the deal I received but the lady that took my order told me about it. Ended up being cheaper to get 100 signs then 75.
Posted By: jbyrd63

Re: Posted signs - 12/16/18 03:37 PM

Amazon .com any kind you want.
Posted By: Fire Fly Guy

Re: Posted signs - 12/17/18 12:40 PM

There's a vet on amazon that makes good aluminum signs with your name and info printed on it.
Posted By: charles

Re: Posted signs - 12/17/18 12:47 PM

Attach your signs to plywood backing.
Posted By: l1ranger

Re: Posted signs - 12/17/18 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by pass-thru

not quite true.

In Virginia - you can post it with a sign, or with a silver or purple paint.

it is illegal to hunt posted property without written permission
it is illegal to hunt unposted property without verbal permission
© 2024 Trapperman Forums